I was almost one son short today (yes, bead related!)

Old April 20th 04, 01:34 AM
Helen C

Default I was almost one son short today (yes, bead related!)

Well this family almost lost it's youngest (soon to be 3 year old if he
makes it that far) son. Home alone with them while DH was helping a friend.
Fell asleep (oops on my part) Woke up and noticed kids were in my bedroom
(where my beading/etc desk is) and the youngest had opened all of my purple
seed beads (well, almost all), emptied them out on the carpeted floor AND
peed on my desk (fortunately it was reasonably clean) Lucky for him I was
able to control myself and let him live but now I'm stuck with a big dish of
15 different colors of purple to sort. Just what I was looking forward to
doing over the next couple of days!!!! And they all came out of mostly full
2x3" ziplog baggies. AURGH!!!!!! But it could have been worse and been ALL
my beads instead of just the purples.

Hopefully someone will get a chuckle out of this. Looking back, I probably
will. And if it had happened to anyone else I'd probably be a little
amused. Oh, my aching neck!!

"IlovemykidsIlovemykidsIlovemykidsIlovemykids
IlovemykidsIlovemykidsIlovemykidsIlovemykids
IlovemykidsIlovemykidsIlovemykidsIlovemykids
IlovemykidsIlovemykidsIlovemykidsIlovemykids"*

*chanting silently to myself over and over again!

Later,

Helen C

Old April 20th 04, 01:45 AM
Cheryl

Hopefully someone will get a chuckle out of this. Looking back, I probably
will. And if it had happened to anyone else I'd probably be a little
amused. !

umm - yup
chuckling away.....

it is a miracle that kids live long enough to "grow up" when they pull little
stunts like that!

Cheryl
last semester of lawschool! yipee!
A HREF="http://www.dragonbeads.com" DRAGON BEADS /A
Flameworked beads and glass
http://www.dragonbeads.com/

Old April 20th 04, 02:46 AM
Barbara Otterson

On Tue, 20 Apr 2004 00:34:40 GMT, "Helen C" wrote:

Well this family almost lost it's youngest (soon to be 3 year old if he
makes it that far) son. Home alone with them while DH was helping a friend.
Fell asleep (oops on my part) Woke up and noticed kids were in my bedroom
(where my beading/etc desk is) and the youngest had opened all of my purple
seed beads (well, almost all), emptied them out on the carpeted floor AND
peed on my desk (fortunately it was reasonably clean) Lucky for him I was
able to control myself and let him live

Reminds me of the time my sister fell asleep. When she woke
up she found my niece sitting in a puddle on the bathroom floor.
The puddle consisted of all the shampoo the little tyke could
reach, plus all the baby oil and baby powder.
She had also found 3 or 4 tubes of lipstick and drawn all
over herself, the walls and floor with them.
Wanna guess how many gallons of water it took to
remove all that gunk?
How well I remember the trials and tribulations of a toddler
with boundless energy and an exhausted mother.....
so glad mine are in their 20s now.....
Barbara
Dream Master
www.dreamweaverstudio.com

If you want to make God laugh, tell him your future
plans.
Woody Allen
Old April 22nd 04, 06:13 PM
Kalera Stratton

My daughter once woke up from a nap, found Mommy's Vaseline, and emptied
the contents all over herself and my bed. Vaseline, in case you've ever
wondered, does not easily come out of sheets...

My son, in a similar incident, once found the tub of Crisco at my best
friend's house while she was on the phone... yeah. That was interesting!

-Kalera
http://www.beadwife.com
http://www.snipurl.com/kebay

Old April 20th 04, 02:54 AM
Arondelle

Helen C wrote:
Well this family almost lost it's youngest (soon to be 3 year old if he
makes it that far) son.

And people always asked *why* I never had any kids.... =:-o

Arondelle
To email me, empty the pond with a net
Shop eBay with me: http://snipurl.com/3usr
Visit Arondelle's Dream Worlds at: http://www.arondelle.com
Read my Blog: http://www.angelfire.com/blog/arondelle/index.html

Old April 20th 04, 03:17 AM
Lee S. Billings

In article ,
says...

Helen C wrote:
Well this family almost lost it's youngest (soon to be 3 year old if he
makes it that far) son.

And people always asked *why* I never had any kids.... =:-o

SNORK! Sistah!

Celine

--
Handmade jewelry at
http://www.rubylane.com/shops/starcat

Old April 20th 04, 03:58 AM
KDK

me three!

Kathy K

"Lee S. Billings" wrote in message
ink.net...
In article ,

says...

Old April 20th 04, 06:19 AM
Dr. Sooz

And people always asked *why* I never had any kids.... =:-o

Arondelle

No one has ever asked me that, and I'll be 50 this year. Is that weird or
what?
~~
Sooz
-------
~ Dr. Sooz's Bead Links
Old April 22nd 04, 06:16 PM
Kalera Stratton

snort Maybe it's because your friends are too polite to ask a question
that is totally none of their business?

-Kalera
http://www.beadwife.com
http://www.snipurl.com/kebay