What is your current project?

Old September 25th 08, 04:14 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Polly Esther[_2_]

Default What is your current project?

Good idea, Denise. We have what's either called a nativity scene or maybe
crèche that's always been placed on a pitiful piece of felt. A nice mat
beneath it would be lovely.
And yes. If I put a wee little heater close to my foot control, there
wouldn't be room for my foot. Polly

"Denise in NH" wrote in message
With my husband about to embark on 7 weeks of daily radiation for
cancer, I decided to put together a project to take with me while
waiting for him at the clinic. I'm making quilted placemats. The
preliminary appointments have taken enough time for me to get two
placemats done already, so I better find some more projects to work on.

Lately I've been hitting some great yard sales and buying lots of
material for next to nothing. Last weekend I found about 20 yards of
really pretty seasonal prints including 6 yards of a cream colored
cotton with bird houses all over it, a light green and chrome three
shelf folding, rolling,"island" type table for my stand mixer, a new
flash for DH's camera, and a bunch of other thingies for $20 at a Boy
Scout yard sale.

My fall projects will include washing lots of material. I also want to
finally put a back on a Christmas Nativity quilt I made a couple of
years ago. I do quilt regularly all summer, but I love snugging up the
house for the winter and hibernating in my quilt room. It's still too
soon to put the house heat on, but I have a little oscillating heater
under my sewing table. Only trouble with that is, the cat and two dogs
will all expect to huddle under there with my foot pedal, gets a little
crowded.

Denise

Old September 25th 08, 04:23 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Polly Esther[_2_]

Tell us about that. Polly

Roberta wrote, in part: There's a stack of teddy bears to sew
(comfort bears for the women's shelter

Old September 25th 08, 04:27 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Polly Esther[_2_]

LOL, Kate. We love you. Polly

"Kate XXXXXX" wrote, in part I still have last Christmas's wall hanging
to complete. I've just made
nine Christmas Stockings, 15 peg bags, and 10 easy totes to sell at my
fund raiser coffee morning on Friday. If they don't sell then, I'll sell
them at the craft fair at Christmas.

Old September 25th 08, 05:02 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Polly Esther[_2_]

There is no current project. The cutting table is clear and clean, the
design wall is empty. The Berninas are de-fuzzied and have new needles.
Nothing. Nothing whatsoever going on.
Just in case you thought it never happens, it did.
Imagine that? Polly

Old September 25th 08, 05:10 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Pat in Virginia

Seventy Six Trombones led the big parade!
Sixty Four school flags followed next!

Sorry, I just can't help myself.
Giggles, PAT in VA/USA

"Cindy Schmidt" wrote in message
Not a quilting one but I'm currently making 64 yes that's 64 flags for my
DD's high school marching band.

Largest is a 7 foot x 9 foot.

I'M TIRED OF FLAGS........

Old September 25th 08, 05:23 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Pat in Virginia

Denise:
Jennell posted a link for a very cool tiny pincushion. It is a hand project,
so you might want to work on those when you finish the place mats. They
would be wonderful for your bee buddies, to donate to the church fair, and
so on.
More importantly, I am sending good thoughts and prayers for your DH's
treatment and recovery.
Hugs, PAT in VA/USA

"Denise in NH" wrote in message
With my husband about to embark on 7 weeks of daily radiation for
cancer, I decided to put together a project to take with me while
waiting for him at the clinic. I'm making quilted placemats. The
preliminary appointments have taken enough time for me to get two
placemats done already, so I better find some more projects to work on.

....cut...

Old September 25th 08, 05:26 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Pat in Virginia

Hello Pat!
Please tell me those 1.5" pieces are the individual squares that make up the
nine patch. Knowing you, I fear you mean the entire nine patch block is that
size!! VBG
Pat on the west side of the pond.

"Patti" wrote in message
Ah yes, we haven't had one of these for ages!

I am working on a Blooming Nine Patch miniature for a magazine article.
The nine-patches are 1.5", a nice size for a 9-patch. I was going to do
it with 3/4" but I realised it might put too many people off; I'll include
the pattern for the 3/4" one though. It has been promised to the magazine
for ages - the editor has been very patient, and it has had to stand in a
queue for over a year. (It isn't a true miniature at that size of course,
but I'm hoping people will see it as a possible start to 'small' g).

I'm doing it with Fossil Ferns from very pale blue, to darkest green, in 6
or 7 colours, not sure yet which I'll do. Probably 6!! with the dark
green as just the binding.

Old September 25th 08, 05:35 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Pat in Virginia

Er, Polly ... what about that mat you need to make to replace the pitiful
piece of felt you use under the nativity scene? Get to work young lady!
PAT

Old September 25th 08, 08:11 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Patti

Sorry for your 'feelings' Pat! but, yes the 1.5" is the size of the
whole 9-patch block!! I did once do a row of 3/4", but the seams have
to be trimmed a bit much for me to be comfortable g. But, these
little things don't get a lot of wear and tear!! 1.5" blocks is really
a very do-able way of starting miniatures. There are lots that are
possible at that size. I haven't done any tiny stars, though!
..
In message , Pat in Virginia
writes

--
Best Regards
pat on the hill
Old September 25th 08, 10:19 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Lizzy Taylor

Patti wrote:
Sorry for your 'feelings' Pat! but, yes the 1.5" is the size of the
whole 9-patch block!! I did once do a row of 3/4", but the seams have
to be trimmed a bit much for me to be comfortable g. But, these
little things don't get a lot of wear and tear!! 1.5" blocks is really
a very do-able way of starting miniatures. There are lots that are
possible at that size. I haven't done any tiny stars, though!

Pat, please give us a heads up when the magazine with this tiny (for
some us) work of art hits the newsagents, as I would like to get a copy.

Lizzy

Current Project Donna Needlework 30 September 10th 07 06:47 PM
Current project Valerie Beads 25 August 23rd 07 02:06 AM
Thank you and about my current project Pirjo Ilvesvuori Yarn 1 October 29th 05 09:59 AM
What is your current project? Marisa Cappetta Beads 17 August 18th 05 11:46 PM
WC Project Exchange - pics of my finished project Barbara Forbes-Lyons Beads 23 October 21st 04 09:45 AM