Midwest Quilters Check In

Old May 24th 04, 08:03 PM
David & Barbara Schmidt

Default Midwest Quilters Check In

I know there have been some really bad storms/tornadoes/flooding from
Kansas to Michagan. I don't want to lose any of our quilters in that area.

Has anyone heard from any of them or can ya'll post and let us know you
are ok?

Babs

Old May 24th 04, 08:44 PM
Lisa Caryl

We had tornadoes all around us on Saturday night-way too many to count. I
believe we had somewhere between 7 to 9 inches of rain that night, along
with terrible winds. Some reached as high as 115mph in places. It was the
scariest storm I've been through since I was about 12.

Basement started flooding at 10pm, and the water didn't quit coming in
until 8:30pm on Sunday. We bucket brigaded until 3:30 am. A friend made an
old pump work so we could sleep for a couple of hrs. My sewing room is down
stairs, and I was lucky enough to save everything. Lost some other things,
but that will just help with the "Clean Sweep" we wanted to do anyway. We
kept the water level down so that we didn't loose our furnace or other
appliances that are down stairs.

Unfortunately, the forecast is calling for another round of severe storms
again tonight. I'm working hard to try to clean up what I can before it
happens all over again. The ground is saturated and I am bracing for another
round of basement flooding.

It's been a looooooooong weekend at my house, and it will be a looooooong
week cleaning up. Very thankful that we didn't get hit by a tornado, and
that no one we know was injured. Things can always be replaced, loved ones
can't.

Well, back to cleaning up...
--
Lisa Caryl (in Central Iowa)
http://www.picturetrails.com/quiltygurl

remove the obvious to reply

Old May 24th 04, 10:06 PM
Queen of Squishies

Okay here in Charleston, just muddy. Thanks for checkin'!

Karen, Queen of Squishies
--
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~
* We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars. - Oscar

Old May 24th 04, 10:57 PM
nana2b

Oh Lisa, so sorry for your floods. I can't imagine that much water coming
in. Glad you are safe.

--
Sugar & Spice Quilts by Linda E
http://community.webshots.com/user/frame242

Old May 24th 04, 11:11 PM
Kate Dicey

David & Barbara Schmidt wrote:

I know there have been some really bad storms/tornadoes/flooding from
Kansas to Michagan. I don't want to lose any of our quilters in that area.

Has anyone heard from any of them or can ya'll post and let us know you
are ok?

Babs

There have been pix on the news here, and stories of over 80 tornadoes.
Very scary! I'm keeping you all in my thoughts and sending calming
vibes for the weather.

--
Kate XXXXXX
http://www.diceyhome.free-online.co.uk
Old May 24th 04, 11:16 PM
Louise

Things in our part of Eastern Iowa have been wet, but our house is dry and
safe and sound. We had some wind damage in town Friday night, and we've had
a few homes that have had water in the basement, but nothing compared to
some of the surrounding areas. Like Lisa said, we're bracing for another
round of storms tonight, and then I think we're supposed to be dry for
several days.

--
Louise in Iowa
nieland4 at mchsi dot com

Old May 24th 04, 11:45 PM
Helen in WI

Lots of flooding here in south central Wisconsin. Our local river is way
over it's banks. Lucky that we live on a good size hill, if it gets this
high then we will be in trouble. Sounds like we will be getting more rain
tonight. Stay safe everyone! Helen in WI

Old May 25th 04, 01:09 AM
Sandy Foster

In article ,
"Lisa Caryl" wrote:

[...]

Lisa, I'm so sorry to hear of your flooding! I can't imagine how awful
that storm must have been, and I really hope tonight's storms leave you
at least semi-dry.
--
Sandy in Henderson, near Las Vegas
http://home.earthlink.net/~sfoster1
Old May 25th 04, 01:46 AM
Diana Curtis

Its soggy here, and there are flood warnings going on and off in nearby St
Paul, but our trailer is in no danger of floating away. Hugs and prayers
going to those who are suffering the effects of all the nasty weather.
Diana

"David & Barbara Schmidt" wrote in message
I know there have been some really bad storms/tornadoes/flooding from
Kansas to Michagan. I don't want to lose any of our quilters in that area.

Has anyone heard from any of them or can ya'll post and let us know you
are ok?

Babs

---

Old May 25th 04, 02:53 AM
Polly Esther

Oh, so very sorry. Sending sympathy and hugs and prayers for your
safekeeping . Bless you all. Polly