ARRRRGHHHHH [RANT]

Old August 17th 06, 05:40 PM posted to rec.crafts.beads
Kalera

Default ARRRRGHHHHH [RANT]

I swear, some companies have NO excuse for being in business!

I ordered some background paper and other equipment from Adorama.com
several weeks ago... about $100 worth of stuff all together. The tripod
and light box arrived just fine, but they sent the wrong color of
background paper. Pearl Grey instead of Studio Grey.

Now, with most companies this would be no big deal; you email them, they
send a call tag, and replace the item with the correct item.

Not Adorama! No. First they send me this "I'm sorry you ordered the
wrong thing, here's how to return it" email. Then, they completely fail
to reply to my emails or phone calls explaining that it was not my
mistake, but their mistake... this despite the fact that I printed out
the website order confirmation screen (always, always print your order
confirmation!) that showed I'd ordered Studio Grey. I keep calling and
emailing, am left interminably on hold, finally get through to someone,
get transferred to some other department, call gets dropped. Repeat.
Finally, a week later, I get to TALK TO SOMEONE who sends a UPS call
tag, yay!

Then my card is credited for the purchase price, no refund in shipping,
no replacement item. To top it off, EVERYONE I have spoken to there has
been rude. RUDE! One woman, I had just started explaining the situation,
and she cuts me off and says "May I FINALLY have your order number?"

I call again today and get someone, explain the whole scenario, they
transfer me to the sales department to have them ship a replacement. The
sales guy hears part of my story and transfers me right back to Customer
Service before I have the chance to protest, where I waited on hold
interminably before just saying "SCREW IT!" and hanging up.

I don't have my background paper. I have paid to ship my background
paper to me, and now I'm going to have to pay another vendor to ship me
the correct color. I'm out a few dollars, but at this point I'm going to
chalk it up to experience... I'm not willing to spend any more time on
the phone with that company. I'm not doing business with them EVER again.

What's funny is that the same week I placed that order, I placed one
with Grand Brass, who also shipped the wrong thing. The difference is, I
called Grand Brass, and with a call that lasted less than two minutes I
had a call tag on the way. I sent back the tubing, and they replaced it
with the correct tubing within a week. Do I love Grand Brass? Hell yes!
I will order from them in a heartbeat! I know they'll take care of their
mistakes, without hassle.

whew

Thanks for letting me rant!
--
-Kalera
http://www.beadwife.com
Old August 17th 06, 05:47 PM posted to rec.crafts.beads
Lara

Oh Kalera, what a pain in the butt. What jerks this company sounds like. Now
we all know never to shop with them. Call the BBB.

Lara

. ..

Old August 17th 06, 11:42 PM posted to rec.crafts.beads
Kandice Seeber

Wow - you're right - some businesses just should not exist! Do they think
customers grow on trees?

--
Kandice Seeber
www.lampwork.net
. ..

Old August 18th 06, 03:05 AM posted to rec.crafts.beads
Vibrant Jewels

J C Penney's Rules of Customer Service:
1. The Customer is ALWAYS right.
2. If the customer is wrong, refer to rule # 1!
LOL
--
Karleen Page
Member International Jewelry Designers Guild (IJDG)
"Kandice Seeber" wrote in message
. ..
Wow - you're right - some businesses just should not exist! Do they think
customers grow on trees?

--
Kandice Seeber
www.lampwork.net
Vote for my site!
http://tinyurl.com/bbcon
. ..

Old August 18th 06, 03:43 AM posted to rec.crafts.beads
Beadbimbo

Well, it doesn't help you any, but we appreciate you getting the word out!

--
Jerri
www.beadbimbo.com
. ..

Old August 18th 06, 07:28 AM posted to rec.crafts.beads
katieW.

huh. Not the JC Penney's with whom I've delt.....

I got a call at 630AM on a Freaking Saturday morning, with some yahoo
trying to tell me that my account was past due.

I informed him:

1. that it was 630AM.

2. I'd made my payment 2 days ago with a customer service agent, if
he'd kindly look in my records

I asked for his supervisor. He HUNG UP on me. I called back, got a
supervisor, read them the riot act and later that day I walked into
JCPenneys, paid off my account, and told the Store Manager exactly when
I was handing him my Penney's card in little pieces.

feh.

katie

Vibrant Jewels wrote:
J C Penney's Rules of Customer Service:
1. The Customer is ALWAYS right.
2. If the customer is wrong, refer to rule # 1!
LOL
--
Karleen Page
Member International Jewelry Designers Guild (IJDG)
Vibrant Jewels: http://www.vibrantjewels.com/jewelry/welcome.htm
JustBeads: http://www.justbeads.com/search/ql.cfm?s=21770
Join our Yahoo Group:
"Kandice Seeber" wrote in message
. ..
Wow - you're right - some businesses just should not exist! Do they think
customers grow on trees?

--
Kandice Seeber
www.lampwork.net
Vote for my site!
http://tinyurl.com/bbcon
. ..

Old August 19th 06, 10:56 PM posted to rec.crafts.beads
Vibrant Jewels

hehehehehhehe I meant JC Penney the MAN not the store... things have gone
downhill considerably since he died...

--
Karleen Page
Member International Jewelry Designers Guild (IJDG)
Vibrant Jewels: http://www.vibrantjewels.com/jewelry/welcome.htm
JustBeads: http://www.justbeads.com/search/ql.cfm?s=21770
Join our Yahoo Group:
ups.com...

Vibrant Jewels wrote:
J C Penney's Rules of Customer Service:
1. The Customer is ALWAYS right.
2. If the customer is wrong, refer to rule # 1!
LOL
--
Karleen Page
Member International Jewelry Designers Guild (IJDG)
Vibrant Jewels:
http://www.vibrantjewels.com/jewelry/welcome.htm
JustBeads: http://www.justbeads.com/search/ql.cfm?s=21770
Join our Yahoo Group:
"Kandice Seeber" wrote in message
. ..
Wow - you're right - some businesses just should not exist! Do they
think
customers grow on trees?

--
Kandice Seeber
www.lampwork.net
Vote for my site!
http://tinyurl.com/bbcon
. ..

Old August 19th 06, 11:12 PM posted to rec.crafts.beads
Val

Isn't that always the case when the founder passes on or steps down. The
business loses track of its original reason for being, loses its focus.

Wal Mart
Banana Repuplic
Liz Claiborne
KFC