No More Ordering from eQuilter

Old August 13th 06, 05:44 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Emma Thackery

Default No More Ordering from eQuilter

They bilk you for extra money by calculating their shipping costs based
on the retail price of an item--- NOT the price you pay them for the
fabric. And that is on top of already excessive domestic shipping
rates. Here is what they say on their page:

"*Total Order Value is calculated based upon REGULAR product pricing,
even when ordered items are on sale."

http://equilter.com/cgi-bin/webc.cgi...9Hz1V17WJ5Df-4
4106256471.44

Reminds me of some of the eBay shipping scams. Very bad form,
especially for an outlet that already charges very high prices for
quilting fabric.
Old August 13th 06, 06:10 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Witchy Stitcher

I've never ordered from them, but have checked them out when looking
for hard to find fabrics. I will say that I find their shipping policy
puzzling since most companies give you a discount for shipping over
$100. Although, their base shipping rates are not high.

I do like ordering from The Virginia Quilter (NAYY) and find their
shipping reasonable and they often offer free shipping promos (one
going on now)

Linda
PATCHogue, NY

Old August 13th 06, 08:10 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Carissa

Aren't shipping costs based on weight? They are the cheapest place I have
for shipping to Canada (including the Canadians, who once charged me 5.95$
US to ship an envelope that arrived with a nintyfive cent canadian stamp on
it n But now I am confused... why would it be cheaper to ship a sale item
than a reg priced one when they weigh the same? And I always thought I got
a great deal lol

Carissa

Old August 13th 06, 09:09 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
teleflora

If they tell you what the shipping (don't forget "handling") charges are
BEFORE you order, how can you consider you were bilked?

They can charge whatever they want. They just have to tell you upfront what
that charge will be.

I needed to order an Ultra thimble awhile back. They could have stuck it in
a regular envelope and mailed it for 39 cents, but they didn't and I surely
didn't expect them to! I ordered enough stuff to make it worth my while to
pay for shipping. If you figure you don't have to pay sales tax, you almost
always come out ahead.

Most places charge by total price, not weight. They aren't the post office.

Cindy

Old August 14th 06, 02:16 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
maryd

If you don't like their policy, don't buy from them. I was pleased with the
service I received when I ordered from them.

--
Mary
:

Old August 14th 06, 04:08 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Ginger in CA

Hopefully you realize that when an item is on sale, it doesn't
magically become less weighty. Gee if that was true, a lot of us would
say we are on sale and watch the pounds disappear ).

I have had good service from eQuilter, and like their website. NAYY,
just a satisfied customer.

Remember, only you can decide where you choose to buy your goods from.
Nobody is forcing you.

Ginger in CA
[wondering just who this Emma Thackery person is - this shows as her
first RCTQ post]

Old August 14th 06, 04:26 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Polly Esther

I'm another equilter happy customer. I even think I understand their
shipping costs policy. They probably have a chart tacked on the wall that
says something like ' it will cost us $6 to ship $50 worth of fabric'.
Probably not a down to a fraction of an ounce and down to the penny but just
a general chart.
If you order $50 worth of fabric and it's on sale so you're only paying
$25 or, heck, if they give it to you . . . it's still is going to cost them
the $6 to ship it. The price of postage isn't going down because the fabric
price is reduced.
I'm not a pushover about shipping costs. Being able to shop in my
comfortable whatevers, not having to go out in this heat and without paying
sales tax makes me happy. One time I did ask a shop if they were going to
have Margaret Thatcher personally deliver my fabric since their shipping
costs were excessive. Apparently, that got their attention. The fabric
arrived and I was only charged exact postage. Polly

Old August 14th 06, 05:44 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Emma Thackery

In article . com,
"Ginger in CA" wrote:

Remember, only you can decide where you choose to buy your goods from.
Nobody is forcing you.

I never said anyone was "forcing me"... how very silly. But it's my
right to say "Caveat Emptor" when an already excessive domestic shipping
policy, that purports to charge by the merchandise total, requires that
you read a buried footnote to find out that isn't really true at all.
I'm betting that a lot of people, especially those who expect more
honest, forthright business practices, didn't know that.

And I'd like to think that others who find similarly unethical practices
in their business transactions would let others know.

Emma
Old August 14th 06, 06:05 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
maryd

Didn't you agree to the total charge before completing the order? Most if
not all of us are wise enough to look at the bottom line before completing a
transaction.

--
Mary