Good problem resolution

Old October 29th 09, 12:39 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Michelle C.

Default Good problem resolution

I frequently buy from Fabric.com due to their inexpensive backing (108"
for 6.98/yd) and free shipping if buying over $35 (yeah, like THAT's a
problem! ;-) ). I recently placed an order from them, and when it
arrived, I discovered that one of the fabrics I received was the wrong
one. When I called customer service, the woman told me to keep the
fabric that was mistakenly shipped and they'd get the other out today.
I'm happy a quilter. :-) I don't mind mistakes as long as they are
rectified quickly and professionally.

As to the fabric mistakenly shipped, it's 2.5 yds worth and twice the
price of the one I ordered. Already, that fabric has become the focus
fabric of an upcoming project. :-) It's both a blessing and a curse! LOL!

Best regards,
Michelle in Nevada
Old October 29th 09, 01:59 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
J*

the good reports on their customer service is the best advertising in the
world.
you gotta send them a pix and wee note so they know about it.
i'm sure they'd love to see it.
we want to see it too.
j.

"Michelle C." wrote ...

Old October 29th 09, 02:41 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Sherry

On Oct 28, 7:39*pm, "Michelle C."
wrote:
I frequently buy from Fabric.com due to their inexpensive backing (108"
for 6.98/yd) and free shipping if buying over $35 (yeah, like THAT's a
problem! ;-) *). *I recently placed an order from them, and when it
arrived, I discovered that one of the fabrics I received was the wrong
one. *When I called customer service, the woman told me to keep the
fabric that was mistakenly shipped and they'd get the other out today.
I'm happy a quilter. *:-) *I don't mind mistakes as long as they are
rectified quickly and professionally.

As to the fabric mistakenly shipped, it's 2.5 yds worth and twice the
price of the one I ordered. *Already, that fabric has become the focus
fabric of an upcoming project. *:-) *It's both a blessing and a curse! *LOL!

Best regards,
Michelle in Nevada

That is awesome! That's how internet fabric shops gain loyalty. Once
ordered Dream Puff batting, and the shop sent Dream Wool by mistake.
They did the same thing, let me keep the wool for free. I was happy
dancing for sure, because I love quilting with Dream Wool too.

Sherry
Old October 29th 09, 03:20 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Edna Pearl

Now *that's* a good tip. Fabric.com will be getting my business. After a
disastrous experience or two with JoAnn's website, I have been reluctant to
expose myself to any others. Glad to know of one that works.

ep

Old October 29th 09, 04:06 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Polly Esther[_5_]

Indulge me. I've told this story here before but it's just one of my
favorites.
Back when fabric.com was just a fledgling, they used 'over-run' boxes to
ship stuff. Saved them money for their shipping and nobody cared.
Except me.
They sent my order in a box labeled "sausage, Refrigerate Immediately".
After wondering for a week or two why my order from fabric.com hadn't
come in, I mentioned it to DH.
DH said, "Well, I don't know about your quilting order but I put the
sausage in the freezer".
........almost as good as the time he told me my Pabst Beer was
negative.
Polly

Old October 29th 09, 06:05 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Pauline[_3_]

Polly - you must have all those gators rolling in the swamp! Yes, that is
funny when www.fabric.com uses the overrun boxes - sometimes you wonder what
the heck it is. I too received incorrect fabric from fabric.com & was told
to keep it, while they reshipped the correct fabric. I have no complaints
about their prices, nor their service.

Speaking of good service, a couple of years ago, when I was placing an order
for books thru www.edwardrhamilton.com, a friend asked me to order a book
for her also. When her book arrived, the corners were smashed. I contacted
them & they told me to keep the damaged book & they resent a new book. I
love Edward R Hamilton's prices & shipping charges!!

Pauline
Northern California

Old October 29th 09, 02:59 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Sherry Starr[_3_]

On Oct 28, 7:39*pm, "Michelle C."
wrote:
I frequently buy from Fabric.com due to their inexpensive backing (108"
for 6.98/yd) and free shipping if buying over $35 (yeah, like THAT's a
problem! ;-) *). *I recently placed an order from them, and when it
arrived, I discovered that one of the fabrics I received was the wrong
one. *When I called customer service, the woman told me to keep the
fabric that was mistakenly shipped and they'd get the other out today.
I'm happy a quilter. *:-) *I don't mind mistakes as long as they are
rectified quickly and professionally.

As to the fabric mistakenly shipped, it's 2.5 yds worth and twice the
price of the one I ordered. *Already, that fabric has become the focus
fabric of an upcoming project. *:-) *It's both a blessing and a curse! *LOL!

Best regards,
Michelle in Nevada

I have ordered from them for years, and have always had great
service.

Sherry Starr
Old October 29th 09, 05:54 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Michelle C.

Jeanne,

Yes, I pay attention when someone reports her experiences good or bad
with a particular company, so wanted to share.

As to the pix, I certainly shall post them, but it's going to be a good
long while before the quilt is finished. Good idea about sharing it
with the company too.

Best regards,
Michelle in Nevada

Old October 29th 09, 05:55 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Michelle C.

LOL! Well, they've moved up in the world, Polly--plain brown box with
Fabric.com tape.

Best regards,
Michelle in Nevada