Quiltmaker Magazine

Old September 8th 09, 04:46 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Taria[_2_]

Default Quiltmaker Magazine

Is anyone familiar with this info:
http://annchampion.com/?p=250

Maybe Mickie but not sure she is at
liberty to talk about it.
Taria

Old September 8th 09, 06:07 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Dragonfly[_2_]

Wow. Just read about it. I had heard of the purchase of the magazine group
but didn't realize they hadn't been paying their obligations.

What sucks for me is that I subscribed to several of these at the ASG
conference in Albuquerque in July. Wonder if they will honor the
subscription and if I'll ever get my magazines? Or is my money gone?

This totally stinks for Ann.

Dragonfly(Pam)

Old September 8th 09, 07:54 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Kate

We hear a lot about copyright laws. Do not use the pattern in quilt
shows with permission of the designer, use the designer's name on the
quilt, do not use the patterns for anything other than personal use,
etc.

Isn't this case also a violation of copyright laws.

After all they contacted and duped her. Bait and switch. When a
company takes over another company they assume all assets and debts
too, don't they. The takeover has re-written the contract without
the consent of the quilt designer.

Sounds like lawsuit time against the company and the individuals that
represented the company.

And this is my opinion.

Kate T.
Old September 8th 09, 01:01 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Sally Swindells

At least she got her quilt back.

Its definitely gone 'worldwide' now.

Sally at the Seaside~~~~~~~~~~~~~uk
http://www.flickr.com/photos/sallyattheseaside/

Old September 8th 09, 01:12 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Polly Esther[_5_]

I'm in a hurry this morning and didn't read all of that. Would somebody
please tell me if Ann DID get her quilt back? Polly
"Kate" wrote We hear a lot about copyright laws. Do not use the pattern in

Old September 8th 09, 03:10 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Allison

Taria wrote:
Is anyone familiar with this info:
http://annchampion.com/?p=250

Maybe Mickie but not sure she is at
liberty to talk about it.
Taria

IMHO, it seems like the people at Quiltmaker Magazine thought they could
walk all over Ann and ignore her requests for payment. It's definitely
backfiring on them now.

Allison
Old September 8th 09, 03:14 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
[email protected]

Polly,

She got her quilt back. Then she got the run-around (seriously) when
trying to get payment. Company claiming it is outside the dates for
what they will cover, even though publication date is in the range.
All she got was one (or was it two) free copies of the mag, with her
quilt on the cover and her instructions inside...

But she did get her quilt back.

Hanne in DK

Old September 8th 09, 03:26 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Sandy

In article ,
"Taria" wrote:

Is anyone familiar with this info:
http://annchampion.com/?p=250

Maybe Mickie but not sure she is at
liberty to talk about it.
Taria

OMG! This sounds terrible! Poor Ann! I have subscribed to Quilters
Newsletter for a couple of decades now, but this sort of treatment could
make me change my ways when my subscription expires.

--
Sandy in Henderson, near Las Vegas
http://www.sandymike.net
Old September 8th 09, 03:40 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
TinaR

I've been reading about Ann's experience, and I feel it is up to the
new owner,
New Track Media, to make this right. I know that perhaps in a narrow
legal
sense, they are not liable, but in a larger sense, one which would
recognize
that they rely on the contributions of original designers, they would
not let
$300 give them a black eye.

This new company owns almost every major quilting magazine you will
see on the
rack, PLUS Keepsake Quilting (mail order, store, everything).

I don't know if they realize that this one incident can hurt them
across the
board - I have seen this story on several quilting/sewing boards, and
it can
quickly turn into a boycott.

-Tina in Sowal
Old September 8th 09, 03:48 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Roberta[_3_]

My local quilting group has a member with APO access, so we're
collecting all the subscription cards we can find and sending them in
with "Pay Ann Champion".
IMO Ann ought to contact other contributors over the past several
issues and find out how many others have been cheated. Can't be a
one-off! If they all hire a lawyer together, something would get done.
Roberta in D