OT - new photo site

Old January 20th 10, 06:55 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Karen, Queen of Squishies[_2_]

Default OT - new photo site

http://picasaweb.google.com/hicall80

Like so many others, I am really tired of Webshots talking to me. The
ads were bad enough before, but now - no thanks.

Karen, Queen of Squishies
Old January 21st 10, 01:31 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Sally Swindells

I've been trying Flickr but haven't found it very user friendly, so I've
had a try at Picasaweb and found it slightly easier, though I did find
it insisted on downloading Jack's quilt in every album so I had a bit of
deleting to do.

I still think Webshots is the easiest to download, amend, etc. - its
just the horrible intrusive adverts. At the moment as soon as I click on
someone's picture it is immediately covered by a Webshot advert that has
to be closed before I can see what I am trying to look at.

I enjoyed looking at your quilts again Karen. I think your Hugs were the
first ones I participated in.

Sally at the Seaside~~~~~~~~~~~~~uk
http://www.flickr.com/photos/sallyattheseaside/

Old January 21st 10, 01:31 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
GrammyKathy[_2_]

On Jan 20, 11:55*am, "Karen, Queen of Squishies"
wrote:
http://picasaweb.google.com/hicall80

Like so many others, I am really tired of Webshots talking to me. *The
ads were bad enough before, but now - no thanks.

Karen, Queen of Squishies

I will pass the pictures are to small.
Old January 21st 10, 02:55 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Gen

Grammy, I agree. I don't like the site, as none of the pictures can be
enlarged to actually see them. Clicking on them only makes them smaller.
What's with that?
Gen

Old January 21st 10, 03:28 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
I.E.Z.

wrote:
http://picasaweb.google.com/hicall80

Like so many others, I am really tired of Webshots talking to me. The
ads were bad enough before, but now - no thanks.

Karen, Queen of Squishies

I will pass the pictures are to small.

I have no idea why Karen's pictures don't enlarge. I have albums on picasa
and mine do get large.

http://picasaweb.google.com/I.E.Zawil

You click on the album picture which takes you to a page with all the
pictures in the album. Then click on whatever picture you want and it gets
pretty big.

Iris

Old January 21st 10, 05:18 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Donna in Idaho[_2_]

"Sally Swindells" wrote in message

I still think Webshots is the easiest to download, amend, etc. - its just
the horrible intrusive adverts. At the moment as soon as I click on
someone's picture it is immediately covered by a Webshot advert that has
to be closed before I can see what I am trying to look at.

Sally at the Seaside~~~~~~~~~~~~~uk
http://www.flickr.com/photos/sallyattheseaside/

There's way too many websites having an advert plastered over whatever I'm
trying to read. Extremely frustrating.

Donna in SW Idaho

__________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus signature database 4791 (20100120) __________

http://www.eset.com

Old January 21st 10, 05:30 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Judie in Penfield NY[_5_]

"Gen" wrote in message

I have no idea why Karen's pictures don't enlarge. I have albums on picasa
and mine do get large.

http://picasaweb.google.com/I.E.Zawil

You click on the album picture which takes you to a page with all the
pictures in the album. Then click on whatever picture you want and it gets
pretty big.

Iris

Karen's pictures don't enlarge because they can't. They are very small
pictures, when you click on the album cover to open the album and see
the pictures the size of the picture is listed on the right side of the
screen. Karen's pictures are tiny. Yours get bigger because your
pictures are much larger. Maybe Karen has uploaded the thumbnails? Once
you have the album opened there is a slider at the top to change the
size but you can't make a small file any larger.

I've used picasa for a year or two and am quite happy with them.

Judie
Old January 21st 10, 01:42 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
I.E.Z.

"Judie in Penfield NY" wrote in message

"Gen" wrote in message

[...]

Ah, this sounds logical! I just use the Picasa program on my computer to
sort, store and upload pictures to the site.

Iris

Old January 21st 10, 01:52 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
John

Old January 21st 10, 02:50 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Bev in TX

New photo hosting site. John Quilting 2 September 16th 09 04:38 PM
My new photo site Patti Quilting 55 October 5th 07 03:31 AM
new photos posted at yahoo photo site Susan Hartman Needlework 1 May 23rd 07 12:53 AM
Photo to Cross-stitch conversion site Elaine Needlework 0 November 24th 05 09:41 AM
Trying AOL Photo Site Tia Mary-remove nekoluvr to reply Needlework 10 September 3rd 03 02:48 AM