Good problem resolution

Old November 2nd 09, 02:59 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
I.E.Z.

Default Good problem resolution

"Sherry Starr" wrote in message
On Oct 28, 7:39 pm, "Michelle C."
wrote:
I frequently buy from Fabric.com due to their inexpensive backing (108"
for 6.98/yd) and free shipping if buying over $35 (yeah, like THAT's a
problem! ;-) ). I recently placed an order from them, and when it
arrived, I discovered that one of the fabrics I received was the wrong
one. When I called customer service, the woman told me to keep the
fabric that was mistakenly shipped and they'd get the other out today.
I'm happy a quilter. :-) I don't mind mistakes as long as they are
rectified quickly and professionally.

As to the fabric mistakenly shipped, it's 2.5 yds worth and twice the
price of the one I ordered. Already, that fabric has become the focus
fabric of an upcoming project. :-) It's both a blessing and a curse! LOL!

Best regards,
Michelle in Nevada

I have ordered from them for years, and have always had great
service.

Sherry Starr

If you order from fabric.com, be sure to check the measure on your fabric as
soon as you get it. In the past year or so, they shorted me twice. One
time I ordered two yard lengths of several fabrics to make a few pairs of
cropped pants. One of the fabric lengths was only a yard. I noticed this
right away, contacted them, and they agreed to adjust my bill to reflect the
shortage (they had charged for the full two yards). They were out of the
fabric, so I couldn't get more, and two one-yard pieces might not have
worked for the pattern anyway. If I wanted to ship the one yard back, I
would have had to pay the shipping. They definitely didn't offer to let me
keep my incorrectly cut fabric or offer anything to make up for the
inconvenience. Of course, to be fair, I didn't ask for anything. Maybe it
depends on which person you deal with.

A couple of months later, I pulled from my stash some fabric I had bought
from fabric.com the previous year. I was planning to make a jacket and
expected to have two and a half yards. When I laid out the fabric on my
table, it turned out to be only two yards. Puzzled, I checked the sticky
tag they put on the fabric. It said there was supposed to be two and a half
yards. I keep all my fabric invoices, and sure enough, I was charged for
two and a half yards but only received two yards. I just didn't feel like
hassling with them again, so I made a different jacket and squeaked through
on the fabric amount.

I was very disappointed because I have ordered from fabric.com for years,
and recommended them to people. They used to be generous in their measure.
I haven't looked at their site for a while now.

Iris

Old November 2nd 09, 04:04 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Edna Pearl

"Michelle C." wrote in message
Thanks for the tip about Edward Hamilton, Pauline. I'm going to check
them out. :-)

I'm loving Edward Hamilton. I found out about them here at RCTQ, and have
been keeping them in business ever since.

N.B.: as far as I can make out, if you order on-line, you pay proportionate
S&H -- your S&H goes up as does the size of your order. If you order by
mail, you pay $3.50 S&H -- no more, always 3.50. You can print out a
snail-mail order form on-line -- the website does all the arithmetic -- but
if you put a stamp on the order form and snail-mail it, you will save on S&H
compared to ordering on-line.

I'm using Hamilton snail-mail orders for all my needlework books -- not just
quilting. I'm surprised by how often they have what I want at a significant
discount.

ep

Old November 2nd 09, 08:42 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Michelle C.

wrote:
[...]

Yikes! Thanks for the tip Iris. I will now double-check the yardages too.

Best regards,
Michelle in Nevada