Quiltmaker Magazine

Old September 9th 09, 04:51 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Sandy E

Default family biz **NOT Quilters Newsletter Magazine!**

Howdy!

Same corp.:
http://www.newtrackmedia.com/product.html

....or will that be "corpse"?

R/Sandy

On 9/8/09 1:00 PM, in article , "Leslie&
The Furbabies in MO." wrote:

Folks, this is Quiltmaker magazine- NOT Quilter's Newsletter Magazine (QNM)!
There's BIG difference. Please don't hassle the wrong magazine.

Leslie & The Furbabies in MO.

"Taria" wrote in message
Is anyone familiar with this info:
http://annchampion.com/?p=250

Maybe Mickie but not sure she is at
liberty to talk about it.
Taria

Old September 9th 09, 05:21 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting,Q
Sandy E

Default Keepsake Q & Quilters Newsletter

Howdy!

Keepsake Q is one of my favorite places to shop, online.
Great service, lovely fabric, and one of the best catalogs in the biz.
http://www.keepsakequilting.com/
I'll continue to give Q-Newsletter a chance; I like it.
I know Your Mileage Has Varied; so be it. ;-)

Cheers!
R/Sandy

On 9/8/09 4:02 PM, in article ,
"I.E.Z." wrote:

Quilter's Newsletter was very nasty to me in the 1990's over a subscription
issue (long story) and I have never had anything to do with them since.
Quilter's Newsletter has always been part of the same "stable" of magazines.

If Keepsake Quilting is also owned by this company, I'll be sure to throw
away their catalogues! They are overpriced anyway, IMO.

Iris

Old September 9th 09, 01:29 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Polly Esther[_5_]

groan Polly

"Sandy E" wrote Howdy!

Old September 9th 09, 02:16 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Taria[_2_]

I made the mistake of saving a few of those wonderful
catalogues. A few grew into a few more. I think there
is a stack of them about a foot tall. I suppose they would
be a wonderful history of fabric of our day. Their orders
are never messed up. (think NOT HoP) I don't believe they are associated
with the QNM people. Those folks did used to have a
smaller catalogue too though. Maybe they still do?
Taria

,

Old September 9th 09, 03:40 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Sandy

Default Quiltmaker Magazine

In article ,
"Polly Esther" wrote:

Bummer. I was looking forward to seeing just what rctq could do if they
launched an all-out attack. Polly

Remember the Northern tissue issue?

"Sandy" wrote

Thanks for making me go back and look for an update, Kathyl! (For anyone
else interested, the update is at http://annchampion.com/?p=265.) It's
good to know that things have been amicably worked out.

--
Sandy in Henderson, near Las Vegas
http://www.sandymike.net
Old September 9th 09, 05:27 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Mickie Swall[_4_]

I suffered through many unfufilled promises, I got really tired of reminding
them every few months that it was probably payday for me soon, and then it
would take another month or so until I would finally get a small check in
the mail. In January this year, it appeared that I had worked the second
half of 2008 for free. Which means that my own expenses weren't being
covered - let alone profit - and I was digging into my own purse to cover CK
Media. I notified them in February that I would not be accepting any more
projects until I was paid in full. Then I got the letter in March offering
me 40%. I had no other legal recourse, so I accepted the terms, though it
was another month before I received the check. Aparently I was only one
among at least 700 "vendors" that needed to be paid. That hurt, as I worked
for them more than 11 years and had always felt a part of the crew, not just
another vendor.

Oh, and I sewed for both Quiltmaker and Quilters Newsletter, and also many
of the special issues published throughout the year - it wasn't the
magazines at fault, it was the people who (miss) ran the CK Media Publishing
group. My problems were all with CK Media; I have no idea how the new
company will behave. Ann Champion should probably wait till she has money
in hand before "dropping her charges" (so to speak) but I'm glad for her
that she maybe will have resolution. As for me, I will never recover the
other 60%. The money I did receive didn't even cover my expenses for the
period. And no doubt I will get a another 1099 in January on which I will
have to pay federal, state, local, social security, & self-employment taxes.

Mickie, who has a "real" job now, and gets a paycheck every two weeks

Old September 9th 09, 07:06 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Dragonfly[_2_]

Yeah! Like back in 1996 when we got Northern to stop "knitting" their
quilted toilet paper!

Dragonfly (Pam) - flexing her rctq muscles

Old September 9th 09, 07:10 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Dragonfly[_2_]

Aw, shoot, Mickie, that stinks!

Well, the only reason I've ever bought Quiltmaker is to see what you've sewn
for them, so I guess I won't be buying it again. I hope the others give you
a little work on the side, if you want it.

Dragonfly (Pam)

Old September 9th 09, 07:17 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
I.E.Z.

"Taria" wrote in message
I made the mistake of saving a few of those wonderful
catalogues. A few grew into a few more. I think there
is a stack of them about a foot tall. I suppose they would
be a wonderful history of fabric of our day. Their orders
are never messed up. (think NOT HoP) I don't believe they are associated
with the QNM people. Those folks did used to have a
smaller catalogue too though. Maybe they still do?
Taria

Oh, I don't mind getting the Keepsake catalogs. In fact, I enjoy looking at
them, I just buy fabric elsewhere! I often snip the quilt pictures that I
like out of the Keepsake and other catalogs I get. I glue them to to sheets
of paper and post them on my bulletin board downstairs. While I never
exactly copy the quilts as shown, the pictures are always a good inspiration
when I'm thinking about a new project.

Iris (and as if I don't have a gazillion quilt books to get ideas from too!)