DST??

Old March 6th 09, 04:10 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
teleflora

Default DST??

Someone just told me Daylight Savings Time starts Sunday? Who's dumb idea
was that? It's gonna be way dark when the kids head off to school, isn't
it?

Cindy

Old March 6th 09, 04:22 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Taria

teleflora wrote:
Someone just told me Daylight Savings Time starts Sunday? Who's dumb idea
was that? It's gonna be way dark when the kids head off to school, isn't
it?

Cindy

Politicians. There is little that the govt. does well .

Some info here Cindy:
http://geography.about.com/cs/daylightsavings/a/dst.htm

Wake up, wake up you sleepy heads.
I am already up too early with the dogs. Hope they don't
realize there is a time change or I am really in trouble.

Taria

Old March 6th 09, 04:23 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Tia Mary

teleflora wrote:
Someone just told me Daylight Savings Time starts Sunday? Who's dumb idea
was that? It's gonna be way dark when the kids head off to school, isn't
it?

Cindy

Yep -- starts Sunday AND it's several weeks earlier! It was changed
so that "we" could save fuel or something like that. Not sure just who
the "we" is and I'm also not sure just why we even need to have daylight
savings time anymore! AZ never changes and they seem to do just fine
without it :-)! CiaoMeow ^;;^

PAX, Tia Mary ^;;^ (RCTQ Queen of Kitties)
their whiskers!
Visit my Photo albums at http://community.webshots.com/user/tiamary
Old March 6th 09, 04:41 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Nancy

I, for one, happen to love that it changes earlier. I get woken with the
sun at 5 am by the end of March otherwise, and being one that likes my
sleep, think it's great. My DS also happens to think it's great, as it
affords him more time at the end of day to play outside. For once someone
was listening to me!
Nancy

Old March 6th 09, 05:19 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
KJ

Arizona doesn't need the longer days in the summertime!

--
Kathyl (KJ)
remove "nospam" before mchsi

Old March 6th 09, 11:34 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
R. E. Wicker

I believe it's a sad commentary on life. And if enough of us got the
word to the Government, we could bring common sense to this issure.
Mornings mean "light" and "enlightenmen" can't have that in the dark.

Rhoda, who just finished the last stitch on the 783 piece Scrappy
Quilt for Abigail Marie (not John Adams wife) M.

Old March 6th 09, 01:39 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Roberta[_3_]

I think it's all part of a sneaky plot to move the onset of DST back,
and the end of DST forward, until they eventually meet sometime around
January, and then we just stay on DST forever.
Roberta in D

Old March 6th 09, 05:49 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
teleflora

"Tia Mary" wrote in message
the "we" is and I'm also not sure just why we even need to have daylight
savings time anymore! AZ never changes and they seem to do just fine
without it :-)! CiaoMeow ^;;^

I guess the sun is ALWAYS shining in Arizona.

Cindy

Old March 6th 09, 06:34 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
I.E.Z.

I think it should be left one way or the other. Perhaps we could just move
the clocks ahead a half hour in the spring (or back a half hour in the fall)
and then just leave it that way?

Sort of split the difference.

Iris