OT Thanksgiving

Old November 15th 06, 10:53 PM posted to rec.crafts.beads
Beckibead

Default OT Thanksgiving

Did anyone happen to download a copy to their computer of the
thanksgiving card of of the turkey singing the Gloria Gaynor song "I
will survive?" It is no longer available on the American Greetings
website and I really wanted to show it to some people at work. If
anyone has it could you email it to me at yahoo? (beckibead at the yoo
hoo site).

I know Cheryl brightened up my life with that last year and it was a
big hit. Would love to see it again.

Thanks for your indulgance!!!

Becki

Old November 16th 06, 06:24 AM posted to rec.crafts.beads
Cheryl

Becki - I have searched high and low-- you are not the only one
I found a board where over 41 people discussed wanting
to get a copy of it! LOL
American Greetings had over 30 MILLION hits on it
they probably pulled it because of the server impact...
too bad - it was really funny a all get out..

Cheryl

Old November 16th 06, 07:29 AM posted to rec.crafts.beads
Beckibead

Yes i found that same freaking bulletin board, you would think one of
us would have saved it on our computer!!! I'm thinking they pulled it
for royalty rights -- it went over 50 million hits and made a lot of
money for American Greetings -- I bet Gloria Gaynor had a cow.

LOL

Becki

Old November 16th 06, 07:43 AM posted to rec.crafts.beads
Beckibead

I would be embarassed to say how much time I spent today looking for
this.

Becki

Old November 16th 06, 08:15 AM posted to rec.crafts.beads
Val

This looks to be this year's turkey tune:

"Can't Stuff This"
http://www.msn.americangreetings.com...507&path=25200

Val

Old November 16th 06, 02:19 PM posted to rec.crafts.beads
Beadbimbo

Awwwwwwwww, that's not near as good as the "I will survive one." Or else
I'm too old to appreciate it!

--
Jerri
www.beadbimbo.com

Old November 16th 06, 06:30 PM posted to rec.crafts.beads
Beckibead

Jerri -- it is not. Which is why I want the old one so badly now.
LOL. I sent that one out to my friends a few days ago and some of them
loved it, but I thought it a bit stupid.

Becki

Old November 16th 06, 06:32 PM posted to rec.crafts.beads
Beckibead

And now I am envisioning myself writing next year's card to the tune of
"Staying Alive" by the Bee Gees. LOLOL -- Becki. Famous on American
Greetings. My new fantasy!!!

Bec

Old November 16th 06, 07:46 PM posted to rec.crafts.beads
Patti

Beckibead wrote:
Jerri -- it is not. Which is why I want the old one so badly now.
LOL. I sent that one out to my friends a few days ago and some of them
loved it, but I thought it a bit stupid.

Becki

Did anyone else think the new card is a little politically incorrect?
I think it borders on racist, but maybe I'm taking it too seriously?

Patti

Old November 16th 06, 08:27 PM posted to rec.crafts.beads
Beckibead

Patti -- is a parody of M.C. Hammer, who wrote and performed the song
"Can't Touch This." He wears glasses, had (at the time) a square-top
haircut and wore big, harem pants.

I think it could correctly be called a parody. Just my opinion,
however.

Becki