OT - Sasha is gone...

Old October 4th 06, 03:46 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Ginger in CA

Default OT - Sasha is gone...

{{{{{Jo}}}}}
Thank you for sharing with us. What a blessing Sasha had, with you for
her two-legged mother! What a blessing you have had, a faithful
companion like that!

Ginger in CA
Johanna Gibson wrote:
Once upon a time, I was 20 and it was a hot summer day. I went
over to visit my friend Lisa, from school, since we hadn't seen each
other while she had been at university in Boston and I in Eugene,
Oregon (where we lived). I arrived early and saw a sign across the
street from her house advertising free "half-Siamese" kittens. I had
to know what a "half-Siamese" kitten looked like. That was the day I
met and fell in love with Sasha.
The place I was living didn't allow pets, so I asked the woman,
Moira, who owned the kittens to keep her for me while I moved. And
then I went back and brought her home in a red backpack, turned round
to the front like a baby carrier, while I cycled slowly on that 90F
day. Sasha poked her head out to see what was going on, then promptly
curled up and fell asleep.
We later moved to Juneau, Alaska, and then (after a spell in
quarantine for her) to Cambridgeshire, England. Then on to Manchester
and later Portsmouth. Finally we arrived in Dundee, 9 years ago. So
out of 13 glorious years, Sasha lived most of her life in Scotland.
I am sure that I owned the funniest, most loving, most talkative
Siamese cat on the planet! I loved her with all my heart, and Sasha
loved me back. So, when she began having breathing troubles today..
that didn't subside after a diuretic injection at 4pm... When she
looked up at me, with what remained of her vision, and meowed
plaintively, I knew she was telling me that she had had enough. I
always promised her, that when she had had enough, when she told me
she was ready, I would be with her, and let her go. So we rang the
emergency vet, and he was very good with her. She was actually away
after the initial sedation shot. Her little heart just gave out. And
I was there, holding her paw and cuddling her, my Sashenka.
25th June 1993 to 4th October 2006. Rest in peace my love.

-- Jo in Scotland

Old October 4th 06, 04:16 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Patti S

I'm so sorry Jo... so very sorry. Blessings to you, your family, and
Dear Sasha.

Patti in Seattle

Old October 4th 06, 04:44 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Ocean Gypsy

In article , Johanna Gibson wrote:

25th June 1993 to 4th October 2006. Rest in peace my love.

Oh Jo, what a heartbreak. You have my sympathies on your loss.

Crystal
Old October 4th 06, 05:05 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Vickie Y

Oh Jo, I'm so, so sorry to hear this. I enjoyed reading your stories of
Sasha, and seeing her pictures. She was a beautiful cat. I lost my dear
Clyde last August, and I still miss him every day.
{{{{{{{{{Hugs}}}}}}}}} to you,

Vickie in Cleveland

[...]
:
:
:
: -- Jo in Scotland

Old October 4th 06, 07:56 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Patti

Oh, Jo, I'm so sad for you.
What a marvellous tribute this is to your little girl.
I'm sure I'm not the only one who feels that we had met little Sasha,
your stories of her have been so vivid.
Take care for a while. This will take a lot out of you.
..

In message , Johanna Gibson
writes

--
Best Regards
pat on the hill
Old October 4th 06, 08:03 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
M Rimmer

Jo I'm so sorry for you. I think I understand what Sasha meant to you,
and I can try to imagine what you are feeling right now. The children
and I will be thinking about you.

Love,
--
Mel Rimmer
www.bean-sprouts.blogspot.com

Old October 4th 06, 08:10 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Kate Dicey

Johanna Gibson wrote:

[...]

((((((((((JO))))))))))

http://www.katedicey.co.uk
Click on Kate's Pages and explore!
Old October 4th 06, 08:34 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Bronnie

Johanna Gibson wrote:
Once upon a time, I was 20 and it was a hot summer day. I went
over to visit my friend Lisa, from school, since we hadn't seen each
other while she had been at university in Boston and I in Eugene,
Oregon (where we lived). I arrived early and saw a sign across the
street from her house advertising free "half-Siamese" kittens. I had
to know what a "half-Siamese" kitten looked like. That was the day I
met and fell in love with Sasha.

[snip]

-- Jo in Scotland

Jo, I'm so sorry. Having met you and the lovely puss Sasha, this is a
sorrowful time. Living alone as you do - not counting Sasha who of
course was the other 'part of you'; how empty your heart will be.
But, on the other hand, the memories of your times together will be so
meaningful.

Hugs across the oceans
Bronnie

Old October 4th 06, 09:03 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Jessamy

--
Jessamy
Queen of Chocolate Squishies (and Occasional Liquorice Ones)
[...]

OT - Latest on Sasha Johanna Gibson Quilting 13 July 29th 06 04:33 PM
Cat-themed blocks for Sasha Johanna Gibson Quilting 14 July 6th 06 07:43 PM
Sasha update please Boca Jan Quilting 16 May 21st 06 02:35 AM
OT - Sasha update Johanna Gibson Quilting 29 May 13th 06 04:39 PM
OT - Squishie for Sasha and I Johanna Gibson Quilting 1 December 20th 05 09:52 AM