Baseball and Softball Bat Speed and Hitting Power

Old September 11th 06, 09:59 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
[email protected]

Default Baseball and Softball Bat Speed and Hitting Power

I'm going to reveal some things about bat speed and hitting power that
you've likely never considered before. These are concepts and
techniques I personally mastered during my playing career and now teach
to my players and students. Because I have hit many a 90-plus mph
fastball, with a number of them landing well over 400 feet away, I know
what it takes to generate this kind of power.
Think about the game and its demands - just how strong do you really
have to be to play it well? In baseball, the ball is 5 ounces and the
bats weigh approximately 30 oz. Heck, a lot of young players swig cups
of Pepsi and Mountain Dew that weigh more than that! My point is this:

Baseball and Softball are games of explosive POWER,
not brute strength
Picking up a 30 oz bat is a measure of strength. Using it to blast a
baseball 400+ feet is a measure of POWER
http://baseballandsoftballdiae.blogspot.com/#

Old September 11th 06, 11:45 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
AliceW

.....and this would be of interest to quilters how??????

--
Alice in NJ, Royal Cybrarian
http://www.ourcyberfamily.us/

oups.com...
:

Old September 11th 06, 11:55 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
M Rimmer

In message , AliceW
writes
....and this would be of interest to quilters how??????

You could use it to hit the trolls over the head.
--
Mel Rimmer
www.bean-sprouts.blogspot.com

Old September 11th 06, 12:43 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Jessamy

well.. it's more interesting than the smut of late ROFLOL!! but only by a
hair ;-)

--
Jessamy - taking a break from sorting clothes - I have *space* in my
wardrobe!

Old September 11th 06, 02:51 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Kathy Applebaum

Maybe they were looking for the baseball swap... ;-)

--
Kathy A. (Woodland, CA)
Queen of Fabric Tramps

http://fabrictramp.typepad.com/fabric_tramping/
remove the obvious to reply

. ..

Old September 11th 06, 03:07 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Kate Dicey

M Rimmer wrote:

In message , AliceW
writes

....and this would be of interest to quilters how??????

You could use it to hit the trolls over the head.

Mel, you're being me again! Are you doing housework instead of sewing too?

http://www.katedicey.co.uk
Click on Kate's Pages and explore!
Old September 11th 06, 09:40 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
M Rimmer

In message , Kate
Dicey writes
M Rimmer wrote:

In message , AliceW
writes

....and this would be of interest to quilters how??????

You could use it to hit the trolls over the head.

Mel, you're being me again! Are you doing housework instead of sewing too?

No, I'm doing housework instead of marking essays.

Old September 12th 06, 12:44 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Kate Dicey

M Rimmer wrote:

In message , Kate
Dicey writes

M Rimmer wrote:

In message , AliceW
writes

....and this would be of interest to quilters how??????

You could use it to hit the trolls over the head.

Mel, you're being me again! Are you doing housework instead of sewing
too?

No, I'm doing housework instead of marking essays.

Ooh, nasty! Found any more cheats? I always hated marking... I'd
rather clean the loo!