Saturday Plans for Fabric

Old August 9th 03, 05:17 AM
Ann

Default Saturday Plans for Fabric

Living in a small town we don't get into the big city of Edmonton much, at
least have spare time but tomorrow we are going in and I told DH I want to
go window shopping at a fabric shop I've never been before. They have a
website and looks like a place to go.

I have nothing in particular to buy so want to just look. Although I do
want to make my DS girlfriend a wallhanging. She's been busy painting and
fixing up DS condo. We own it, son lives there. She painted the living
room and hallway mauve. Son has black furniture and fixtures and she has
made it look very nice there. She's done a lot of labour and deserves a
treat.

The wallhanging I want to do is made in my mind, now to just design it.
I've been waiting to find the perfect picture of a unicorn (her fav animal).
I want to applique on a midnight purple fabric, whether it be one/two diff
piece or a colour wash of a night sky. So I want to look for that type of
printed fabric tomorrow.

Anyone know of a basic picture for download on the net for a unicorn (or
horse and I could add a horn myself)? Haven't found *the one* yet.

After hitting the fabric store it's off to my DS. He dropped his key ring
between the condo outside wall and his steps, so we have to take jacks and
crowbars etc, move the steps to retrieve his keys. then move the steps back
and level. Anyone care to help?? LOL

Then it's off to the football game. Our other DS will come over to help with
the steps and we will all go to the football game. Sounds like it's shaping
up to be a perfect Saturday.......fabric, sons, and football.

Everyone have a great weekend too.

Ann

Old August 9th 03, 06:22 AM
Sharon Harper

Glad you're having a wonderful weekend. We too, down here, are enjoying
ourselves. After about 16 weekends of very hard work, DH and his
"apprentice" mate Darren, have completed "The Mega Decks". Our old back
porch was very wonky and was knocked down last year. Now I have a loverly
14 metre long by 4 metre wide two level timber deck. Surrounded by
beautiful rainbow Phlax, camellias, climbing roses down the back end (with a
beautiful hand made by DH and Me trellis), and mondo grass, once we manage
to afford some bench seats we will be able to sit and relax amongst nature.
I also have a new clothes line. Are they satisfied? NO! They are starting
work on a garden hedge of lilli-pillis (a native aussie plant) across the
back fence and are talking of planting a jasmine climber to go over the
shed. They have done a fantastic job and deserve public acclaim! Photos
will be up on my website if anyone is interested in about 2 weeks. Any
other DIY people's have reports?

--
Sharon From Melbourne Australia (Qof DU)
http://www.geocities.com/shazrules/index.html

Old August 9th 03, 07:16 AM
Ann

Wow Sharon....sounds like a wonderful yard. Looking forward to your
pictures.

Just this evening DH and I were discussing replacing our deck. He's not a
DIYer so maybe hire it done for next year.

Just got back from outside. Was going through earlier posts and remembered
the "Mars being visible" thread. It's midnight here so I took my binoculars
outside. Had to sit on the street sidewalk for the best view. Had to make
sure there was no neighbour lights on..........don't want to be accused of
being Mrs. Peeping Tom. My QI and I enjoyed watching Mars. Can't wait
until it's at it's best viewing.

Ann

u...

Old August 9th 03, 08:52 AM
Patti

Hullo Ann
I just had a look on Google:Images:Unicorn
Just the first page was wonderful. You are sure to find one you would
like to do, there. You might just enjoy exploring the pages!
I have used pictures from Google:Images, a lot. If they are a bit too
complex (though there are some simpler ones on the first page), I print
the picture out, then trace from that picture , if it is the right size;
or get it enlarged to the right size and then trace it. Tracing it cuts
out a lot of the unnecessary parts of a picture. Good luck, have fun.
Sounds like a lovely project.
..
In article , Ann
writes
[...]

Best Regards
pat on the hill
Old August 9th 03, 01:28 PM
Polly Esther

Ann, would you consider a suggestion from a great-grandmother? Your son's
sweetheart sounds wonderful, and she sounds like she has decorating ideas of
her own. I'll bet she would really enjoy being involved in the design of the
wallhanging.
We have things on display in our home that my sisters have given me.
Because I love my sisters dearly, I keep these things and enjoy them. They
make my precious siblings seem a bit closer. But, would I keep them around
if they had not been chosen by my sisters? Probably not.
You have an opportunity to double the joy of making the wallhanging. If
you're going to make it, you might as well let it be something you will be
certain she'll treasure. Polly

Patti wrote in message
Hullo Ann
I just had a look on Google:Images:Unicorn
Just the first page was wonderful. You are sure to find one you would
like to do, there. You might just enjoy exploring the pages!
I have used pictures from Google:Images, a lot. If they are a bit too
complex (though there are some simpler ones on the first page), I print
the picture out, then trace from that picture , if it is the right size;
or get it enlarged to the right size and then trace it. Tracing it cuts
out a lot of the unnecessary parts of a picture. Good luck, have fun.
Sounds like a lovely project.
.
In article , Ann
writes

Old August 9th 03, 03:09 PM
Ann

Hi Patti
I had used Goggle for a search. And you are right about the tracing part to
make a simplier picture. I've been looking for a pose that says "pick me"
but nothing jumped out at me. I would like to start my new project soon so
I think I will have to experiment to find the right one.

Ann

Old August 9th 03, 05:13 PM
Kellie J. Berger

freecoloringpages.com has some animals and also on this page
http://www.freecoloringpages.com/col...creatures.html has a unicorn and a
pegasus and .....
you could probably find something in there somewhere!

Kellie

Old August 9th 03, 09:14 PM
Butterfly

Name, color, type of rose please : )
Sounds like they really enjoyed the 'doing'
When they are finished---I could use some DH's wannadosbutcan'trightnow
done in our backyard and an arbor built outfront. Then the front yard
will be complete---and we'll just have to wait for theme roses to climb
over the arbor (Sterling Silver and Dreamweaver) and over the front
entryway (Don Juan)
Any weekend and thru the week is fine right now--you WILL be coming with
them right?
Huggles
Butterfly (got some helpers coming now whhhhhhhhhhoooooooooohhhhhhhhoooooo)

Old August 9th 03, 11:23 PM
Sharon Harper

They are a hybrid tea rose - Valencia.

Can't promise this week but how about around Houston time next year?

Old August 10th 03, 06:12 PM
Ann

Thanks Kelly
Seems like you found the exact pose that I was looking for. Thank you so
much
However, you know what they say about best laid plans? Well DS and his
girlfriend broke up on Friday night, and I didn't know until we saw him
Saturday afternoon. Probably a permanent breakup but you never know.

Ann

"Kellie J. Berger" wrote in message
news
and this page has some unicorns too
http://www.awhitehorse.com/unicorn/coloringbook/

kjb

"Ann" wrote in message
[...]

AD: *Lampwork focal auctions ending tonight and Saturday & some good news* ~ SPIglass Studio :O) Paulette I. Beads 8 January 29th 05 03:59 PM
3 Toy box plans for 1 bid on ebay. ljr Marketplace 0 December 1st 04 03:54 AM
bead loom plans? Diana Curtis Beads 4 November 17th 04 02:10 PM
Free Woodwork Plans Directory bobby Carving 0 March 15th 04 11:46 AM
AS-- Lampwork ending - SHOW in Ohio next Saturday Cheryl Beads 0 November 17th 03 02:01 AM