Handmade tiffany lamp

Old April 9th 08, 07:41 AM posted to rec.crafts.glass
Graham Miln

Default Handmade tiffany lamp

You may be interested in the site linked below. The site contains photos
and details about Helen Bray's creation of a large handmade tiffany lamp.

- 2,047 pieces of hand cut glass;
- 6 kg (13 pounds) of lead solder;
- Hundreds of hours of work over 5 years.

handmadetiffany.com
http://www.handmadetiffany.com/?rcg

In the interest of full disclosure, we host the site for Helen and I
took the photos.

Thanks,

Graham

--

http://www.dssw.co.uk
Mac energy saving solutions
Old April 11th 08, 03:29 AM posted to rec.crafts.glass
racing John

I was very impressed with this site, so I saved it to look at again, it
is very well done & put together, and the lady does very good work.
Thank you for sharing with us

Old April 11th 08, 05:00 PM posted to rec.crafts.glass
Chemo the Clown

On Apr 10, 7:29*pm, (racing John) wrote:
I was very impressed with this site, so I saved it to look at again, it
is very well done & put together, and the lady does very good work.
Thank you for sharing with us

I just wonder why it took 5 years to build this lamp? I had a customer
build one in about a month. Same lamp.
Old April 11th 08, 05:08 PM posted to rec.crafts.glass
Moonraker[_2_]

"Chemo the Clown" wrote in message
On Apr 10, 7:29 pm, (racing John) wrote:
I was very impressed with this site, so I saved it to look at again, it
is very well done & put together, and the lady does very good work.
Thank you for sharing with us

I just wonder why it took 5 years to build this lamp? I had a customer
build one in about a month. Same lamp.

Maybe they were buying supplies from some asshole in British Columbia and it
took that long to get the shipment? Lost at sea with those cases of glass
bound for Finland.

Old April 13th 08, 01:33 AM posted to rec.crafts.glass
Graham Miln

Andy, Helen's Tiffany lamp has been a part time project and every piece
glass was cut and ground by hand.

I have heard of another similar project, but the creators had the glass
pieces laser cut, and so ensured accuracy and speed.

In article
,

Old April 13th 08, 01:44 AM posted to rec.crafts.glass
javahut

Chemo the Clown wrote:

I just wonder why it took 5 years to build this lamp? I had a customer
build one in about a month. Same lamp.

Graham,
I had a client, who really likes lamps, built one in 60 days for his
daughter, hand cut and ground, then had to turn around and build one for
daughter number 2, (because the 1st once came out so nice!), the second one
took a little less, but only because it was spring and nothing stops this
guy from hitting the golf course 3 times a week. Easily doable, and all
hand done, no lasers or water jets.

He has since switched to the Odyssey mold system and is still making lamps
for relatives, which he is running out of. Relatives, not lamps.

Old April 13th 08, 05:30 PM posted to rec.crafts.glass
Chemo the Clown

*Chemo the Clown wrote:

I just wonder why it took 5 years to build this lamp? I had a customer
build one in about a month. Same lamp.

--

Mac energy saving solutions

Still...that's like only cutting a couple of pieces per day. (shrug)
Old April 13th 08, 07:18 PM posted to rec.crafts.glass
[email protected]

Chemo the Clown wrote:

I just wonder why it took 5 years to build this lamp? I had a customer
build one in about a month. Same lamp.

--

Mac energy saving solutions

Still...that's like only cutting a couple of pieces per day. (shrug)

Perhaps you're more impressed with the Chinese shops that cut with a
waterjet and complete a few dozen lamps each day? Maybe there's a
market for lamps that are precut for precision fit that just have to
be assembled and soldered? Maybe I'll look into that?

Old April 14th 08, 05:27 PM posted to rec.crafts.glass
Moonraker[_2_]

On Apr 13, 11:18 am, wrote:
Perhaps you're more impressed with the Chinese shops that cut with a
waterjet and complete a few dozen lamps each day? Maybe there's a
market for lamps that are precut for precision fit that just have to
be assembled and soldered? Maybe I'll look into that?-

Yeah...you do that.

Since Brady has his head up his ass, he'll be looking into "something", for
sure.