What's the best quilting magazine

Old August 24th 04, 01:49 AM
Boca Jan

Default What's the best quilting magazine

I think I'd like to subscribe to a good quilting magazine in the USA. Does
anyone have any suggestions?

Boca Jan

Old August 24th 04, 02:05 AM
maryd

My favorite is Quiltmaker.

--
Mary

Old August 24th 04, 03:01 AM
Jalynne

I Googled this subject, since we've talked about it a whole heck of a lot. Here's
one good thread, and I'm sure you can find more, but this will get you started.

http://snipurl.com/8m46

--
Jalynne - Keeper of the Quilt for ME club list

Old August 24th 04, 03:02 AM
Sherry Starr

My favorite is Quiltmaker, and I think my next favorite is Fons & Porter's
Love of Quilting.

Sherry Starr

Old August 24th 04, 03:12 AM
Sandy Foster

In article ,
"Boca Jan" wrote:

I think I'd like to subscribe to a good quilting magazine in the USA. Does
anyone have any suggestions?

Boca Jan

My tried and true is QNM.
--
Sandy in Henderson, near Las Vegas
http://home.earthlink.net/~sfoster1
Old August 24th 04, 04:03 AM
Lisa Caryl

Not associated with any of the following:

For traditional quilts, I like American Patchwork and Quilting. The patterns
are all test sewn before publication to ensure accuracy. I like the layout
of the magazine.....I like that they show alternate colorways of all of the
projects.

For non traditional quilts, you can't beat Quilting Arts. Wonderful work
from innovative artists, along with instruction on interesting techniques,
and fun contests and challenges for the readers. If I were to subscribe to
any magazine, this would be it, but that's my personal taste.
http://www.quiltingarts.com/

For crazy quilting, I love CQmagonline, and best of all it's free! Wonderful
eye candy in every issue. http://www.cqmagonline.com/

--
Lisa Caryl
http://www.picturetrails.com/quiltygurl

Old August 24th 04, 04:32 AM
Listpig

The problem with suggestions is that the correct answer varies wildly
depending on your personal taste---i.e., what sort of quilts you like to
make.

What I would most strongly suggest is to try to find a couple of issues of
every title you can find, and look them over and see which ones tend to
patterns/ideas that you think *you* are most likely to make.

For example, I notice that someone mentioned QMN: I tend to skim it at
Border's, and I find that there's maybe one pattern a *year* that interests
me at all. Other magazines have a much higher hit rate with me, but that
might not be true for you.

--pig

Old August 24th 04, 07:48 AM
Patti

Hullo Jan
I'm not in the US, but I'd just like to add a 'thought' rather than a
recommendation. I subscribe to one magazine here, and also get the AQS
and British Quilters' Guild magazines. Nowadays, I find myself usually
designing my own stuff, because I have to work to a challenge or
something. SO, I find the articles and letters and other various things
in the magazines more important than the pattern sections. These also
contribute towards an 'atmosphere', individual to each magazine. I only
mention this so that when you look through a magazine you don't rely
solely on the patterns.
The advice on picking up a few of each and seeing which you prefer - for
whatever reason - is, in my experience, the best way to go.

In article , Boca Jan
writes
I think I'd like to subscribe to a good quilting magazine in the USA. Does
anyone have any suggestions?

Boca Jan

--
Best Regards
pat on the hill
Old August 24th 04, 01:33 PM
Maureen Wozniak

Quilters Newsletter Magazine if you want to drool.

McCalls or Quick Quilts if you want easy projects.

Maureen

Old August 24th 04, 02:46 PM
Julia in MN

What do you want in a magazine? If you want patterns, do you like
traditional or non-traditional? What technique do you prefer? What level
of difficulty? I like Quiltmaker because the patterns are rather
traditional and most are not real difficult.

Or do you want to read about quilts and quilters and quilting
techniques? Then try Quilters' Newsletter Magazine. It doesn't have as
many patterns, but more articles about quilts and quilting.

The AQS also has a magazine with articles about quilts and quilting and
techniques.

Look at the magazines on the newstand. Buy a few that appeal to you.
That may help you decide.

Julia in MN

http://webpages.charter.net/jaccola/

Help!! Hand Quilting P8nPal Quilting 6 July 19th 04 06:09 PM
Quilting Design Tia Mary-remove nekoluvr to reply Quilting 1 November 24th 03 08:36 AM
sorting through Quilting books and magazines juliasb(nospam) Quilting 20 November 11th 03 03:44 PM
Quilting Idea's please Christina in OK Quilting 1 October 22nd 03 03:55 AM
Quilting Thread question Carol Wolfe Quilting 9 July 15th 03 05:20 AM