REQ: Name & pattern

Old August 15th 06, 01:54 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Sandy Ellison Sandy Ellison is offline
Banned

Default Chimney Sweep REQ: Name & pattern

Howdy!

Thank you, Donna.
Tossed Salad & Scrambled Eggs is one of my favorites:
http://tinyurl.com/r3lxg
That Kaffe Fassett fabric is so fun to play with, it just speaks,
loudly. I couldn't decide which of the collection to buy,
so I sent a $check$ to Susan Allen, former RCTQer, owner of
The Quilt Asylum in McKinney, Tx.. The gals at her shop picked
out a bunch of fat quarters from the KF shelves and sent them to
me, last year. (I live 75 miles south of McKinney and don't often get to
that shop.) Some fellow quilters said I'd be crazy to put all those
fabrics together in one quilt. g Yeah! Shoppers at the Dallas Quilt Show
exclaimed over the fabric, "but what on earth could you do with it?!!?"
Play. It's fun fabric. We talked here on the ng about the
light weight of that shot cotton; it was so easy to handquilt,
I love it. I had called the warehouse at Glorious Color to ask about
that beautiful, soft yellow which was not listed on the website (but someone
had sent me a sample of it so I knew it was available). The guy at the
warehouse was friendly, funny, and sent out the package that day.
This was a delicious quilt project, makes me smile, too.

Btw, Summer Breeze is an octagon. Just worked out that way. ;-)

Welcome back to the ng.

Ragmop/Sandy
http://thequiltasylum.com/

On 8/14/06 11:20 AM, in article
, "Donna973"
wrote:

Sandy- The chimney sweep quilt is beautiful , but I'm absolutely in love
with Tossed Salad and Scrambled Eggs! It's fabulous, back and front. It's
one of those quilts that just make you smile.

Donna973
There is no MAYBE in my reply address

"Sandy Ellison" wrote in message
Howdy!

Sure, a newbie can make this.
It's just squares.
I sewed all the squares together, including the last (outer) round,
then trimmed it straight, cutting off those triangles to make a
square block.
http://tinyurl.com/g99bm

or the Album for New Quilt Pics:

Good luck!

Ragmop/Sandy

On 8/13/06 5:24 PM, in article
,
"D" wrote:

Thanks for the info. Ya think a newbie can make one ?? :-}

On Sun, 13 Aug 2006 20:23:52 GMT, Sandy Ellison
wrote:

Howdy!

Chimney Sweep, set on point.
(I made my own pattern.)

http://www.threshpublications.com/kris.html

http://www.nyfolklore.org/pubs/voic32-1-2/quilt.html

http://www.quiltindex.org/fulldispla...tdata-a0a0d5-b

http://www.quiltmaker.com/currentiss...ct7/index.html

Makes a good signature block, too.

Ragmop/Sandy

On 8/13/06 1:55 PM, in article
,
"D" wrote:

Does anyone know the name of this quilt pattern

And / or where I might find the pattern

http://www.countryporch.com/quilts/cottage.asp

TIA

Old August 15th 06, 03:48 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Donna973

Default Tossed Salad, etc. was Chimney Sweep

Thanks for the 'welcome back' Sandy (and Pat and Kathyl). It's nice to be
back!

Sandy, since you were so kind to put the url in this message I went and had
another look. I think I'm going to save the picture to look at when I need
a pick me up. g The way you've put it together, the fabrics look just
right. Using the squares really showcases the fabric and the four patches
add life and movement. Love it, love it, love it! And this is coming from
a person who's into grayed, muddy colors! Next time I'm in Texas (yikes!)
can you go shopping with me? I'd like to try to absorb your color sense.g

Donna973

Howdy!

Thank you, Donna.
Tossed Salad & Scrambled Eggs is one of my favorites:
http://tinyurl.com/r3lxg
That Kaffe Fassett fabric is so fun to play with, it just speaks,
loudly. I couldn't decide which of the collection to buy,
so I sent a $check$ to Susan Allen, former RCTQer, owner of
The Quilt Asylum in McKinney, Tx..

New pattern methods and pattern making materials [email protected] Glass 1 April 15th 06 03:21 PM
New pattern from picture. F.James Cripwell Needlework 0 December 28th 05 02:52 PM
Modifying a pattern Slinky Yarn 5 May 10th 04 11:58 PM
New FREE downloabable cross stitch pattern in PMP 4 zip file - art nouveau window to spring ! Misty Needlework 1 February 3rd 04 12:52 PM
New FREE downloabable cross stitch pattern in PMP 4 zip file - Sweet valentine :OD ! Misty Needlework 0 January 30th 04 08:36 PM