6th Annual Hallow's End Swap

Old August 3rd 06, 02:15 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
frood

Default Important Note 6th Annual Hallow's End Swap

I forgot to add - all blocks in the set do not have to be the same. I will
have final numbers as to the sets by Aug 15 (sign up deadline), but min. 6;
max 10

--
Wendy
De-STUFF email address to reply
"frood" wrote in message
This is not a time to worry over the Forsaken or the Goblins of
Gnomeregan. The valiant heroes of the Alliance will triumph over their
foes. ahem. Excuse me. What I mean to say is. it's time for the 6th Annual
Hallow's End Swap.

This year, instead of swapping fabric, we are swapping sets of blocks,
made with Halloween fabric! (This is the *only* Halloween swap I will host
this year) This is my favorite holiday, and therefore, my favorite swap.
Participants should print out these rules for future reference - computers
have a habit of "losing" important info like this just when you really
need it!

You must e-mail me privately to sign up - posting here to the newsgroup is
not good enough because of all the goblins in the servers. After you
e-mail me at FroodBuffy at GriffinsFlight dot com , I will send you a
confirmation e-mail with my mailing address. If you think you are signed
up, but have not had a cheery, personal email from me, you are *not*
signed up!!

Sign up by August 15, 2006. If you are not signed up by then, it's too
late! While I will be sending confirmation e-mails back to you as quickly
as possible, I will be on stash raids on and off this month. I'll check my
mail and get back to you as soon as I can when I return. The swaps need to
be in my bone-chillingly cold hands by September 18th.

Here are the Official Rules:

1) We are swapping sets of quilt blocks, the number to be determined
by the number of people who join, but no less than 6, and no more than 10
per set. (If a large number of people sign up, there may be a chance to
swap more than one set. But don't hold your breath - you don't look great
blue)

2) Blocks may be pieced or appliqué. Embellishments should be
washable or removable. (Embellishments are strictly optional). Blocks
should have a Halloween theme, either with Halloween fabrics pieced, or as
an appliqué design. These blocks should be G-rated. We are not swapping
excerpts from a Wes Cravens film. Think FrankenPooh and Great Pumpkin, not
Freddy Kruger and Jason. If your block makes my children cry or run away
in fear, I will sic my minions on you.

3) Blocks may be any size divisible by 3". 3"x3" or 6"x6" or 6"x9" or
12"x12" or 12"x6", etc. Max size 12" square, min size 3" square. NOTE: add
seam allowances to above sizes.

4) Please use your best skills in creating these blocks. That's not to
say you can't try something new, or that you need to be an expert. But
sloppily-made, hastily-sewn blocks are no fun to get back in the mail.

5) All fabric must be washable. Have I stressed the washability
enough? I plan on using any quilt I make and in my house, that means it
gets washed.

6) I live in a smoke-free home. I do have a dog, but he is not allowed
free access to fabric, and I take precautions to ensure no hair gets on
swaps. (Ok, this one's not a rule, but a FYI)

7) Send your blocks in a plastic bag (HOWEVER! Press-N-Seal is NOT
acceptable, due to bad experiences in past swaps!!), to keep it safe on
its journey, and enclose your name and address in the wrapping, in case of
envelope rippage. Send a self-addressed envelope with return postage (not
metered!!!) in with your swap. My post office will not accept metered
mail, no matter what your post office tells you.

8) Non-USA participants email me for mailing instructions. I try to
allow enough time for swaps to get to me from outside the US, and to allow
for mail holidays.

9) Mail your package so it arrives in my hands by September 18th. I
will mail the swaps back out by September 22nd.

10) Email me privately to sign up and get my mailing address. FroodBuffy
at
GriffinsFlight dot com

Everyone who signs up is expected to follow through with the commitment.
If you sign up, but find you cannot participate, please send me a note to
let me know not to expect anything from you. Stuff happens, no big. But a
note will give me a heads up, so I don't sit by the mailbox, harassing
Alton
everyday. :-)

I will be inviting some of my real-life friends to participate. If you
know a non-RCTQer who would like to participate, you may invite them to
sign up. Just please make sure they are willing to follow through with the
swap. (you can even save on postage by combining the mailing)

If you are unsure what kind of block or fabric to use, just ask. I'll be
happy answer any questions.

Questions? Email me, the lvl35 Skeletal Mage: FroodBuffy at
GriffinsFlight dot

Old August 3rd 06, 02:39 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
D Curtis

Default 6th Annual Hallow's End Swap

Thank you, Carole, its great to be back! I see you saved me a seat and
the chocolate is being passed this way again. Im home!
Di
http://duet.etsy.com

Ceridwen wrote:
Ohhhhh, your server has allowed you to come out. Just in time for the
halloween swap! Welcome back Diane.