Back from Retreat

Old July 24th 06, 08:48 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Pauline

Default Back from Retreat

Hi Everyone,

I went to my Guild's retreat from Thursday thru Sunday in Sonoma, CA. It's
the first time I have gone. Everyone always raves about how much fun it is &
this year, I made my mind up to go. I went with 3 other girlfriends, but I
can see how you could easily go by yourself. Our retreat is held at a
Sonoma State University. It's a beautiful campus & our pods were very nice
& quite comfortable. For 3 nights & 4 days & all meals, I think I paid
about $215 - what a bargain! There is no structure to our retreat -
everyone brings whatever they want to work on & we can start sewing at 7:00
AM & sew until midnight. The food service people brought us coffee between
breakfast & after dinner everyday. I was especially spoiled, because I am
still recovering from my broken leg & my friends took very good care of me &
each time we arrived at the dining hall, a student employee was sent to load
my food tray up for me & escort me to my table.

There were about 46 of us on retreat & we had so much fun - as well as
getting lots accomplished. One night, we laughed so much, I thought I was
going to PIMP & I warned my friends if that happened, they knew who was
going to have to clean it up! I've only been a member of my guild for about
3 - 4 years & this was a great way to really get to know many of the other
members. We did do a block exchange & everyone brought a sewing related
gift to exchange & the last day we had show & tell. If you belong to a
guild & they have a retreat - I highly recommend going. I can't remember
when I've had so much fun - I can't wait till next year!

Pauline
Northern California

Old July 24th 06, 09:27 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Marcella Peek

I'm so glad you went and had a good time.

So....what projects did you work on?

marcella

Old July 25th 06, 12:29 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Sandy Foster

In article m,
"Pauline" wrote:

I went to my Guild's retreat from Thursday thru Sunday in Sonoma, CA.

Pauline, it sounds like you really enjoyed yourself! I've never gone
to my guild's retreat; it's not long after I go to camp, and there are
very limited spaces available. I always figure someone else should go
instead of me. G
--
Sandy in Henderson, near Las Vegas
http://home.earthlink.net/~sfoster1

AKA Dame Sandy, Minister of Education

Old July 25th 06, 04:24 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Laurie G.

Pauline - what guild do you belong to? It sounds like a wonderful time!!!!
Do you have any pics to share?

--
~~~~~
Laurie G. in CA

Old July 27th 06, 04:51 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Pauline

I worked on a triple Irish chain, until I was bored to death with it!!!
Then I put the remaining borders on my blooming 9-patch Halloween quilt.
Then I worked on machine appliqueing a quilt called Pretty Dresses. I got
lots done. It's totally unstructured, so very relaxing.

Pauline

Old July 27th 06, 04:52 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Pauline

We always have a waiting list for our retreat as well, but after hearing so
much about it for the past 3 years, I finally went & I'm so glad I did. I
think last year I went to Paducah during retreat, but I'll do my best not to
miss it again! You should try your retreat Sandy!
--
Pauline
Northern California

Old July 27th 06, 04:53 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Pauline

Do you belong to a local guild Mary? It's so affordable & such a lot of
fun! And we were in a beautiful setting as well!
--
Pauline
Northern California

Old July 27th 06, 04:54 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Pauline

I belong to Diablo Valley Quilters. We meet in Danville. Where are you
Laurie? I did not bring my camera - I knew if I did, it would just be one
more thing to drag around & I'm still nursing my broken leg, so tried to
travel as light as I could.
--
Pauline
Northern California
. com...

Old July 27th 06, 03:20 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Marcella Peek

You did do a lot. Some years I am productive and other retreats I seem
to visit the goodie bowl and visit more.
marcella

New KNITTY is back up YarnWright Yarn 0 May 26th 06 03:06 PM
Back of the work Alison in OH Needlework 5 November 29th 04 07:08 PM
Back from a quilting retreat Julia in MN Quilting 5 December 16th 03 04:47 AM
Home from retreat Susanne Quilting 3 November 12th 03 06:18 AM
Back from retreat Suequiltmail Quilting 3 November 12th 03 01:33 AM