Simple Pleasures

Old November 16th 05, 08:04 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Default Simple Pleasures

It's supposed to be "pleasures" Mary! I suppose though, "dancing around
town" is much more pleasureable than "piling up around town"! g
KJ

"Mary in Rock Island IL" wrote in message
Snow dancing around town this morning!

Mary

Old November 16th 05, 08:16 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

the first strawberry of the season!

Shona, who is going to have strawberries for dinner, in NZ

"Tina" wrote in message
ups.com...
Ok Pat - I'm stealing your material here. I really needed this the
last couple of days, so I went back to my "Simple Pleasures" file and
reread all the ones from before. They sure do help a lot Pat and I
can't tell you how grateful I was for that thread!

So how bout it anyone? Got any new Simple Pleasures to share?
Holidays are coming, people get busy, lose focus..... time to remember
the really important things in life!

Time for Life's Simple Pleasures!! What has made you happy this week?
(If nothing has, no need to report ... just read a few notes and you
too might realize you do have some little pleasures in your life too!!)
"copyright credit - Pat in Virginia"

Hugs and TIA,
Tina

Old November 16th 05, 08:57 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Oh! I thought Mary meant *she* was dancing *in* the snow ?
..
In message xhMef.550480$_o.14756@attbi_s71, KJ
writes
It's supposed to be "pleasures" Mary! I suppose though, "dancing around
town" is much more pleasureable than "piling up around town"! g
KJ

.. .

--
Best Regards
pat on the hill
Old November 16th 05, 09:18 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Default Cradle robbing Simple Pleasures

Cradle robbing in and of itself is kind of a simple pleasure :-) You
have nothing on me Leslie. I am 56 and my DH is 13 years and 358 days
younger than I am. He has similar "likes" to The Hunky Mr. Collins
though.

Rita L.

Leslie & The Furbabies in MO. wrote:

Is anyone left dressing appropriately for their age any more?
Taria

Not me.... only for church. I'm told it's A Man Thing by my son--- The
Hunky Mr. Collins likes me in long hair, snug-ish jeans, short-ish
skirts and snazzy undies. I try to oblige, but DAMN!, I'm 55 for
crying out loud! I guess it's a compliment he likes me that way, but
I try to keep it modest, if nothing else. Sheesh!!! I guess that's
what I get for robbing the cradle... he's 3 years, 9 months and 22 days
younger than I am! ;-)))))

Leslie (as he says "styling"- I'm trying to..... kinda) & The Mortified
Furbabies in MO.

Old November 16th 05, 09:56 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Our moon last night was behind the clouds, which were moving rapidly. We
were under a tornado watch, but fortunately we didn't get one and the winds
died down. I love a full, bright moon (as long as I'm not working in the
ER)!! It reminds me of my teen years in VT, skating on our pond. We loved
to skate by the moonlight.
Gen

"Donna in Idaho" (remove spam) wrote in message
I saw it, too, here in Idaho. But, it sure wasn't a warm late spring
evening. Yesterday and yesterday evening, the temperature never got much
over 40 with strong winds, so it felt like 40 below instead of 40 above.
But, I agree the moon was beautiful last night. Haven't looked out

tonight
to see what it's doing. However, the weather guy did show it on the news
this evening.
--
Donna in Idaho
Website: www.LinusIdaho.org

"nzlstar*" wrote in message
i saw that very same full moon last night here on a warm late spring
evening as i was shutting the drapes to go to bed. it really was very

very
pretty indeed.
i'll try to remember in future that we all see that same full moon each
month.

hugz,
jeanne
--
san-fran at ihug dot co dot nz
nzlstar on yahoo msg'r

"Chipper" wrote ...
snipped
As for a simple pleasure, I think that seeing the full
moon rise over the colorful trees on this warm late autumn evening ...

Old November 16th 05, 09:57 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Lucky you. I can hardly wait for snow---means summer's finally gone.
Gen

Old November 16th 05, 10:03 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

It *is* a nice way to keep in touch with folks far away, Jeanne! I have a
poem around here somewhere that I wrote along those lines...Wave to me when
you see it again!
chipper

Old November 16th 05, 10:09 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Nope. The snow was dancing about town.

Kathyl usually sends me her weather as she is an hour west of me. I
hope she enjoyed the snow as much as I did.

.
In message xhMef.550480$_o.14756@attbi_s71, KJ
writes
It's supposed to be "pleasures" Mary! I suppose though, "dancing around
town" is much more pleasureable than "piling up around town"! g
KJ

. ..

Old November 16th 05, 10:15 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Tsk tsk Polly, you're just so bad! Heehee. My BIL would have said, "oooo
I wish I hadn't seen that!"
chipper

"Polly Esther" wrote in message
ink.net...
I enjoyed being short today. There was a woman at the grocery store
parking lot wearing low-rise jeans. She was much too old and round for
the style. Just as I stepped out of our truck, she slid (ha !) out of
her car and her britches bared her backside.
Being short enough to duck out of sight was a good thing. At least
until I could compose myself. My, what a sight. DH missed the show. I
would not let him go over and ask her to do it again. Polly

Old November 16th 05, 10:44 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

"Being inside where it is nice and warm and listening to the first cold

winds of winter blow outside.

Julia in MN"

I lit our fireplace for the first time yesterday- sheer heaven!

Leslie & The Toasty Warm Furbabies in chilly MO.