OT- Roll call & simple pleasures

Old January 8th 05, 04:28 AM
Joanne Passmore

Default OT- Roll call & simple pleasures

Hi- Joanne from Ontario-it's been sooo interesting reading all of your
bios. Im 53, married 32 years, sewing and quilting since a teenager. My mom
was a seamstress and did upholstery so taught me early. I give most of my
quilts away as gifts from the heart. Two sons (26 and 25), one married, one
still at home. Hubby is retiring in 10 months and I'm sooo jealous. Since I
stayed home for 10 years with the boys (no regrets at all) I will have to
work much longer to keep a paycheque so I can keep quilting and travelling.
Truly don't mind since I love my job (guidance counsellor in a high school).

Simple pleasures- kind of tied in with my new years goals...I aim to not buy
anymore fabric until all projects are completed so I made a list of all
projects and available fabric (I don't have a big stash) There are 21
unfinished projects and I just finished two of them since making the list.
What a pleasure to cross things off a list. I feel so organized and like I
am already making progress! Other simple pleasures include having my feet
hit the floor every morning; the sunrise every morning; a parent saying
"Thank you"; a lovely cup of tea and a good book; and a hug from someone I
care about. Thanks for all of the interesting tips and the compassion and
caring you all show each other.