thank you all

Old July 26th 03, 08:12 PM
CNYstitcher

Default thank you all

whether it was teh combined thoughts and prayers of this group, or me
finally figuring out that the only thing I can really do now is stay
calm, things are seeming to work out.

Grandmother has accepted (though not happily) that she can no longer
drive and Mother has both sets of keys ot the car. Nanny is staying
with Mother for the week while they try to get doctors appotintments set up.

Yesterday, I took an online tour and an actual walk-through tour of 2
senior facilities. One of them is only 10 minutes away from my house,
so I would be able to visit there regularly. I had the 3-way call with
my Dad and Stepmom last night and we are all agreed on what we feel
needs to be done, and they both are astounded at how much information I
was able to get in a matter of hours.

New developments have arisen, such as the attorney who did grandmother's
papers being related to one of the families that wants to buy my
grandmother's house/land hmmm....., and various things like that. Dad
is my favorite and most trusted attorney, then comes the gentleman who
did DHs and my estate planning portfoloi, so, since Dad is involved, I
will be making another phone call later today.

Mother was impressed that I would reasearch other options for Nanny, but
as I told her, I would rather Nanny was being taken care of by people
trained to do the job than by her (Mother) who has her own medical
issues that need addressing (not including her choice of living with an
active alcoholic).

Things may be headed for a turnaround, but we will see what the result
of the Psych eval say - it is possible that not all of the
disorientation is merely age, but could be the beginning of Alzheimer's

Thanks again,

Larisa

P.S. On a completely different not, I managed to combine a 6 drawer
desser and a 5 drawer dresser into one...the 6 drawer...the second
dresser will be going in the baby's room sometime in the next week or so.

Old July 26th 03, 08:58 PM
Kate Dicey

Glad things are looking up a bit and you are getting your own tasks
sorted.
--
Kate XXXXXX
http://www.diceyhome.free-online.co.uk