eyecandy and update on me

Old February 25th 06, 03:21 AM posted to rec.crafts.beads

Default eyecandy and update on me

Things have been bit hectic around here with work deadlines, my sorority
statewide meeting (I was chairman) and the imminent arrival of my
parents. As if that wasn't enough, one of my cats, Ubu, passed away
unexpectedly this past Tuesday, leaving a large and empty space not only
in the house, but in my heart.

Anyways, I can't concentrate on work right now (not good, considering I
just got a hefty raise and have a deadline to meet), but here's some
eyecandy to brighten YOUR day.

Donna Merril, wonderful soft colors, shape and encasing:
http://snipurl.com/mx25
Kim Neely does purples, pinks, and blues: http://snipurl.com/mx26 AND
earthtones with turquoise: http://snipurl.com/mx28
Becky Mason does good with frit and large petal shaped beads:
http://snipurl.com/mx27
Great colors, mod shapes and silverwork: http://snipurl.com/mx2c
Eric Raeder, Big purple..amazing:
http://cgi.ebay.com/CATWALKDESIGNS-L...temZ8905150450
Lilyrose...love her stuff...here's just one, check out the rest:
http://snipurl.com/mx2e
Gayle Anderson, copper red and black, very cool: http://snipurl.com/mx2h
Beetlebeads - nicely done compact dots: http://snipurl.com/mx2n

--

Barbara
http://www.penguintrax.com

There is a very fine line between a hobby and mental illness.
(Dave Barry)

Need quality, inexpensive web hosting with site builder and 50 apps? Check out http://www.lyonshost.com.
Old February 25th 06, 04:18 AM posted to rec.crafts.beads

Barbara, I am so sorry for your loss.

Thanks for sharing the links. THe Rader bead is amazing, just amazing.
And the Donna Merrill and Kim Neely earthtones beads are something else.

Georgia

Old February 25th 06, 02:07 PM posted to rec.crafts.beads

Barbara,

Thanks for the heads-up on those auctions. Lovely work!

You don't know me, although I used to post regularly here about five
years ago (an eternity in internet years) under the name
"surrenderdrthy" . I still check back with RCB from time to time.

I recently lost a beloved pet, and two books helped me tremendously. If
you're interested, they a

_The Loss of a Pet_ by Wallace Sife (available at amazon and
barnesandnoble)

_When Your Pet Dies_ by Jamie Quackenbush (older, so probably available
at your library)

I have no relationship to the authors of these books; just found them
helpful in dealing with my loss without a lot of focusing on the
Rainbow Bridge stuff that just made me feel even more bereft.

You sound like you're in a very busy time of your life, and I wish you
well with everything. But take some time to heal, too, will you?

All the best,
Carol
f/k/a surrenderdrthy

Old February 25th 06, 04:46 PM posted to rec.crafts.beads

Barbara,
I'm so sorry to hear about Ubu. I know how much the loss of a beloved
cat can hurt. Be gentle with yourself, and know that all of us are
thinking of you.
Thank you for posting these wonderful links. The Salsa one,
especially, really made me smile.

Patti
www.pattiwhiteley.com

Old February 26th 06, 03:01 PM posted to rec.crafts.beads

"Barbara Forbes-Lyons" wrote:

As if that wasn't enough, one of my cats, Ubu, passed away unexpectedly
this past Tuesday, leaving a large and empty space not only in the house,
but in my heart.

So sorry to hear of your furchild's passing. My 21-year-old furbaby, Bobo,
crossed the Rainbow Bridge a year ago. Beadmaker Laurie Smith made me a
rememberance bead containing some of Bobo's ashes and I wear it always on a
silver chain. I still miss him but now I have him with me always.

Love and hugs to you, Barbara.

Linda2

P.S. Do you remeber the basket of plants you and the other RCBers sent when
my mom was so sick? I planted all the plants in separate containers when
they outgrow the basket they came in and they are HUGE and growing and
beautiful! Thank you so much for the beautiful gift that reminds me daily of
mom.

Old February 27th 06, 02:06 PM posted to rec.crafts.beads

Barbara,

I understand your loss for Ubo. I lost Ho Tai several months ago and
an just now feeling up to replacing him.
I have been standing outside cases at the SPCA Adoption Center every
day until I find just the right kitty
for Wiggles. You will soon feel up to replacing your kitty.

The beginning of this thread you sent us some eye candy. And boy was
it. I just want to know how these wonderful artisians have been able
to get hundreds and thousands for their lampwork beads. Of course,
they all are truly worth the price, and we all know that our work takes
our hours, love and creativity that it is all worth thousands.
But then you see other lampwork beads on ebay that surely have the same
love and talent that can't even get a $32 reserve. What is the
difference in selling on ebay. Is there a way to push traffic thorugh
ebay or just rely on your constant customers and Internet traffic
through changing your site regularly for the spiders and paid
advertising.

I was really blown away that some of these great designers are able to
get $500 or $1300 for a set of lampwork beads on ebay, where I have
always thought was a place people are looking for 'deals' and really
were too cheap to pay what the true value is. There has to be a
secret!!.

Cynthia

Old February 28th 06, 01:22 AM posted to rec.crafts.beads

Barbara Forbes-Lyons wrote:
Things have been bit hectic around here with work deadlines, my sorority
statewide meeting (I was chairman) and the imminent arrival of my
parents. As if that wasn't enough, one of my cats, Ubu, passed away
unexpectedly this past Tuesday, leaving a large and empty space not only
in the house, but in my heart.

{{{{{{{{{{{{{{Barbara}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}} I'm sorry to hear about Ubu...
it's so hard when they go.
--
-Kalera
http://www.beadwife.com
Old February 28th 06, 11:24 PM posted to rec.crafts.beads

Mmmmmm great list!! Eric Radar's work just astounds me. The colors and the
precision!!

--
Kandice Seeber
www.lampwork.net

Old February 28th 06, 11:25 PM posted to rec.crafts.beads

I'm so sorry to hear about your kitty. (((((hugs)))))) I know how that
feels - I hope you feel better soon.

--
Kandice Seeber
www.lampwork.net