Cooee!

Old December 15th 04, 10:12 PM
Mel Rimmer

Default Cooee!

I haven't been away, I've been lurking and keeping an eye on you all. But
I've had a lot of real life, and still do, which has kept me from quilting
much, and from posting at all. My HUG quilt has helped me through some of
the rough bits, and in between times it has been a tent, a bird hide (not
sure about its camouflage qualities), a royal robe, and a blankie for sick
kids. I made some scatter cushions recently, using pinks and yellows and Jan
Mullen wonky 9-patchez for DD(4), and Thomas the Tank Engine applique for
DS(3). Planning more for DS(6) and for our own bed, probably with lilac
gingham and maybe some lilac shaggy fake fur. I made some soap and some
massage melts just this evening. I've also taken up running (because what I
really needed was ANOTHER hobby). I panicked a couple of weeks ago when my
LQS mailed me to say it was having a closing down sale, but in the next post
there was a letter saying someone had bought it, so it wouldn't be closing
down at all. Phew! Kids are still cute, it's Nativity Play season which is
great fun when you have littlies. Christmas baking has kept me busy. There's
an English tradition that everyone stirs the Christmas pudding mixture and
makes a wish. I got all the kids to do this, but 5 minutes later DS(6) came
running back into the kitchen saying "I changed my mind. Can I have another
go?"

So what have you all been up to?

Old December 15th 04, 11:22 PM
Diana Curtis

Not much. Just missing seeing your name here and other places, wondering how
the annual Christmas pudding went... stuff like that.
Mucho Hugs! Glad to see you again!
Diana

--
Weird people need beads, too
. ..

Old December 16th 04, 12:35 AM
Kate Dicey

Mel Rimmer wrote:

[...]

In order?

Sewing
Aching
Complaining
Not sewing
Baking (9 cakes and 8 puddings!)
Making a mess
Tidying up again
Getting teeth filled
Writing Christmas cards

Some days just breathing is enough!

--
Kate XXXXXX
http://www.diceyhome.free-online.co.uk

Old December 16th 04, 09:27 AM
Roberta Zollner

Hiya Mel! Not doing much here, nothing like your schedule! A little sewing
(at least) every day, works better than therapy and you have a tangible
product eventually :-) So finished a few quilts.
Roberta in D

. ..