World wide knitting day

Old June 10th 08, 03:23 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
suzee[_2_]

Default World wide knitting day

Mary Fisher wrote:
"Murielle" wrote in message
"Mary Fisher" wrote in message
t...
"Murielle" wrote in message

So glad to see the date! I'm going to take part even if it means just
sitting on my balcony and knitting so my neighbours can see me. ;-))
I shan't be anydifferent from any day - I knit almost every day.

I don't think this has been heard of in England.

Mary

But if you tell two people and they each tell two people ... pretty soon
everyone in U.K. will be knitting in public on June 14th! ;-)

N ot enough time even if it went exponential.

:-)

Sure there is, with email, you can tell 2 people in seconds, then if
they tell 2 people within the hour, and those 4 people pass it along
within the next hour.... wouldn't take that long.

sue

Old June 10th 08, 04:58 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Bernadette

On Tue, 10 Jun 2008 04:35:12 -0700, mirjam wrote:

On Jun 10, 12:25*pm, Bernadette wrote:
On Tue, 10 Jun 2008 10:02:23 +0100, Mary Fisher wrote:

"Bernadette" wrote in message
news On Mon, 09 Jun 2008 19:04:08 +0100, Mary Fisher wrote:

"Murielle" wrote in message

So glad to see the date! *I'm going to take part even if it means
just sitting on my balcony and knitting so my neighbours can see
me. *;-))

I shan't be anydifferent from any day - I knit almost every day.

I don't think this has been heard of in England.

Mary

I think you will find it is an important day in the UK calendar Mary.
Here are a few of the listings of activities in England - if you
Google "wwkip day UK" it will turn up even more. I notice that Rowan
Yarns in Holmfirth are into this in a big way.

Of course they are, I know the important beekeeping dates but they're
not generally known :-)

Mary

Don't tell me you've taught the bees to knit as well!!! *;-D --
You're only young once, but you can be immature forever- Hide quoted
text -

Now Bernadette , why didn`t I think of that ,,,,,,,,

Um, maybe you're not quite as mad as me yet Mirjam! ;-)

i loved working with
the Bees , in my time ....
My favorite was Banana Honey ,, but lately [ I am not working with them
anymore ], This AFTER ALL Being the LAND OF MILK AND HONEY ,,,,, my
favorite is Avocado Honey

I've never heard of that one before. Our best local ones are Heather or
Clover honey and they are delicious.
mirjam

--
Bernadette
Old June 10th 08, 05:10 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Bernadette

On Tue, 10 Jun 2008 10:29:40 +0100, Mary Fisher wrote:

"Bernadette" wrote in message
news
On Tue, 10 Jun 2008 10:02:23 +0100, Mary Fisher wrote:

Of course they are, I know the important beekeeping dates but they're
not generally known :-)

Mary

Don't tell me you've taught the bees to knit as well!!! ;-D

Of course. They have to have something to do when it's raining otherwise
they'll stay at home and, as my mentor said, make trouble as all women do
when they get in a huddle. The needles were tricky, they needed three
pairs each at a time.

Mary

Well, I've heard of spelling bees and sewing bees but not a knitting bee
until now - LOL.
--
Bernadette
Old June 10th 08, 08:45 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Mary Fisher

"Bernadette" wrote in message
news
On Tue, 10 Jun 2008 10:29:40 +0100, Mary Fisher wrote:

"Bernadette" wrote in message
news
On Tue, 10 Jun 2008 10:02:23 +0100, Mary Fisher wrote:

Of course they are, I know the important beekeeping dates but they're
not generally known :-)

Mary

Don't tell me you've taught the bees to knit as well!!! ;-D

Of course. They have to have something to do when it's raining otherwise
they'll stay at home and, as my mentor said, make trouble as all women do
when they get in a huddle. The needles were tricky, they needed three
pairs each at a time.

Mary

Well, I've heard of spelling bees and sewing bees but not a knitting bee
until now - LOL.

You're never too old to learn :-)

Mary
--
Bernadette

Old June 11th 08, 10:39 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Y[_2_]

I think we know, but don't partake...lol.. Stitch and Bitch are the ones to
email, they'll get the word out and about...

Told the Bath group so they know now

higz Cher

Old June 11th 08, 11:40 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Mary Fisher

"Y" wrote in message
We have regular monthly Spinning Bee's....look in the journal

higz Cher

Shouldn't that be spinning spiders ?

:-)

Mary

Old June 11th 08, 09:53 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Murielle

"Murielle" wrote in message

So glad to see the date! I'm going to take part even if it means just
sitting on my balcony and knitting so my neighbours can see me. ;-))

I shan't be anydifferent from any day - I knit almost every day.

I don't think this has been heard of in England.

Mary

But if you tell two people and they each tell two people ... pretty soon
everyone in U.K. will be knitting in public on June 14th! ;-)

N ot enough time even if it went exponential.

:-)

Mary

LOL! I'm such an optimist! ;-))

Murielle

Old June 11th 08, 09:55 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Murielle

"suzee" wrote in message
"Murielle" wrote in message

So glad to see the date! I'm going to take part even if it means
just sitting on my balcony and knitting so my neighbours can see me.
;-))
I shan't be anydifferent from any day - I knit almost every day.

I don't think this has been heard of in England.

Mary
But if you tell two people and they each tell two people ... pretty
soon everyone in U.K. will be knitting in public on June 14th! ;-)

N ot enough time even if it went exponential.

:-)

Sure there is, with email, you can tell 2 people in seconds, then if they
tell 2 people within the hour, and those 4 people pass it along within
the next hour.... wouldn't take that long.

Yes but that's not what was said ... :-)

Mary

sue

Well, actually, I did email all my friends and family who knit. Only
one responded, though, and she doesn't knit anymore. Still, if you never
try you never get anything done. ;-)

Murielle

World wide air ticket 50% discount! A Glass 0 June 3rd 04 01:10 AM
World wide air ticket 50% discount! A Marketplace 0 June 3rd 04 01:10 AM
World WIde Quilt Show Sharon Harper Quilting 4 May 17th 04 01:03 AM
World Wide Quilt Show Jeri Quilting 0 May 8th 04 06:38 PM
The most precious Hug in the whole wide world..and its mine! jennell H Quilting 7 April 18th 04 01:20 PM