Long Arm lessons!

Old December 6th 04, 01:07 PM
David & Barbara Schmidt

Default Long Arm lessons!

I was talking with a friend last week about the quilt I'm making for my
mom. He said that one of the ladies at church has a long arm machine and
would quilt it for me if I wanted her to. I spoke with her at church
yesterday and she said rather than doing it for me, she would teach me
how to use the machine and I could come over any time and use it! It's a
Gamble (sp?), about 10 years old, and some one GAVE it to her. I'm so
excited!!!!

Babs

Old December 6th 04, 04:56 PM
Kate G.

Someone GAVE it to her? Those things are TRES EXPENSIVE! A friend got one
about a year ago from APQS and I think she paid more than $15,000 for it. I
know 10 years is a long time... but still!

WOW -- what a lucky lady... and a generous one too!

Kate in Michigan

PS -- you anywhere near Michigan? LOL

Old December 6th 04, 05:05 PM
Kathy Applebaum

"Kate G." wrote in message
Someone GAVE it to her? Those things are TRES EXPENSIVE! A friend got
one
about a year ago from APQS and I think she paid more than $15,000 for it.
know 10 years is a long time... but still!

WOW -- what a lucky lady... and a generous one too!

Of course, if it's a 10 year old Gammill, it doesn't have NEARLY the bells
and whistles that a new 15K APQS would. Yes, a very nice gift, but not quite
as nice as 15K. *grin*

--
Kathy A. (Woodland, CA)
Queen of Fabric Tramps

Old December 6th 04, 07:16 PM
Joanna

Wow! What a nice gift. I'm jealous. I have twin size sitting here
waiting to be quilted. Keep putting it off cuz I know it's going to be a
struggle in my normal machine. Good luck
Joanna

David & Barbara Schmidt wrote:

I was talking with a friend last week about the quilt I'm making for my
mom. He said that one of the ladies at church has a long arm machine and
would quilt it for me if I wanted her to. I spoke with her at church
yesterday and she said rather than doing it for me, she would teach me
how to use the machine and I could come over any time and use it! It's a
Gamble (sp?), about 10 years old, and some one GAVE it to her. I'm so
excited!!!!

Babs

--
Remove Quilt to reply