OT New Cat

Old March 7th 09, 11:40 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
NightMist

Default OT New Cat

Kiri came home last night. Thursday she called an asked if she could
bring a new cat with her, so we have a new cat as well.
She has been down to her mom's these last two weeks. Her mom had a
double knee replacement last week, and kiri was helping get the house
neated up and ferrying her mom around to do what needed done, and
settling her into convalesence. One of the things that needed done
was driving the cats to the vet to make sure they were healthy and
ready for boarding. While at the vet's office kiri met a cat. It took
right to her and wanted to follow her into the exam room, and was
right at the door waiting for her when she came out again. Well come
to find out it was a stray that had ended up at the office, and was
looking for a new home. Two cat exams later and kiri could no longer
talk herself out of it. So we now are home to Miss Buckeye State
2008.

The new girl is somewhere in the realm of a year old, and since she
came from a vet's office is in very good health, up to date on all
shots and tests, and has been fixed. She is kinda nifty looking, a
tuxedo cat only grey instead of black.

Boy is Spike ticked off!
Not only does his mom abandon him for two weeks, but she brings home
an interloper on top of it. New girl (who has yet to tell us her
name) just ignores him. He keeps an eye on her and complains loudly,
and every time she moves in his general direction he runs and hides.
They will get on after a bit I think. We are starting her off with
just one cat (the second hardest sell) and will introduce her to the
other two later. Since Stripey passed Spike has wanted nothing to do
with any other cats and has mostly been staying upstairs, he took her
leaving awfully hard. I've been saying for a while that he is too
much alone, maybe young Miss will help him re-socialize.

NightMist
--

Nothing has been the same since that house fell on my sister.
Old March 8th 09, 01:46 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Polly Esther[_5_]

Well, welcome to rctq, Miss Buckeye State 2008. I reckon if she selected
Kiri that there was simply no choice but to make a place for her. You can
just know that a vet's office is often full of cat lovers so Miss Buckeye
must have realized that Kiri is very special. What a lovely beginning. Be
extra specially lovely to Spike; learning to share is not easy. Polly

Old March 8th 09, 09:27 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Kate XXXXXX Kate XXXXXX is offline
Banned

NightMist wrote:
[...]

Ooooh! Kitting! Got pix?

They'll come down to it. My friend Toby lost his companion last year,
and got a bit too dependant on his Pink Monkey slave... Enter Felix,
the Ghengis Kitten Incarnate: see something - GNASH! Felix is now about
9 months old, incredibly beautiful, 'fixed', and beginning to settle
down. He has very long fur: you can hardly tell when the ginger fuzz
stops and the world begins! He and Toby now share the beanbag nine
times out of ten.

Toby will still mug you for cuddles, but is more content with Felix
about. Felix is still a bit of a furry wreaking ball, but too beautiful
for his own good! Toby is adoreable...

http://www.katedicey.co.uk
Click on Kate's Pages and explore!
Old March 8th 09, 05:54 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Pat in Virginia

I think you've already named her! You might just shorten Miss Buckeye
State 2008 to "Miss B" or "Missy."
Have fun! PAT

Old March 9th 09, 03:00 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
onetexsun

Congrats on a new family member. It's always fun when they choose
us.....

Sunny
Old March 10th 09, 01:14 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Michelle C[_3_]

NightMist wrote:
[...]

Congrats to your family on Kiri's as yet unnamed kitty! She sounds
lovely--both in markings and personality. (However, I will confess that
there is no such thing as an ugly cat in my book.) Being a youngster,
maybe she'll have the energy and persistence to bring Spike out of his
reclusiveness.

Best regards,
Michelle in NV
http://community.webshots.com/users/desert_quilter
Old March 10th 09, 07:21 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
NightMist

On Mon, 09 Mar 2009 18:14:13 -0700, Michelle C
wrote:

Congrats to your family on Kiri's as yet unnamed kitty! She sounds
lovely--both in markings and personality. (However, I will confess that
there is no such thing as an ugly cat in my book.) Being a youngster,
maybe she'll have the energy and persistence to bring Spike out of his
reclusiveness.

She decided she had had about enough of his surly behavior tonight.
He was sitting on the window sill hissing and sputtering at her, and
she hopped right up there and gave the window glass a mightier whack
than I would have thought a cat her size was capable of. He ran for
it, but she was right behind him giving him what for at the top of her
lungs!
She cornered him, and when he turned around she smacked him on the
head a good one and gave him _such_ a lecture.
He sulked for another half an hour or so, but right now they are
curled nose to tail on the warm spot. At least as close to nose to
tail as it gets, Spike is about twice her size.

She is going to fit in just fine! (G)

NightMist
--

Nothing has been the same since that house fell on my sister.
Old March 10th 09, 07:29 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

wrote:
[...]

I predict a few more hair-pulling arguments, but it sounds like it's sorted!

Old March 10th 09, 09:33 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Lizzy Taylor

Michelle C wrote:

Congrats to your family on Kiri's as yet unnamed kitty! She sounds
lovely--both in markings and personality. (However, I will confess that
there is no such thing as an ugly cat in my book.) Being a youngster,
maybe she'll have the energy and persistence to bring Spike out of his
reclusiveness.

How about this guy?
http://preview.tinyurl.com/d2l8k2

Lizzy
Old March 10th 09, 12:53 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Lizzy Taylor wrote:
Michelle C wrote:

Congrats to your family on Kiri's as yet unnamed kitty! She sounds
lovely--both in markings and personality. (However, I will confess
that there is no such thing as an ugly cat in my book.) Being a
youngster, maybe she'll have the energy and persistence to bring Spike
out of his reclusiveness.

How about this guy?
http://preview.tinyurl.com/d2l8k2

Lizzy

Poor thing! At least he has a caring owner now.

I MUST get pix of my friend Little Mary's Felix up somewhere...