grape stencil

Old October 7th 07, 03:36 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Anne Rogers[_3_]

Default grape stencil

I've got a queensize top, which I plan to quilt myself, but haven't
found any appropriate stencils. There is also 4in and 6in border. I
think I can draw a bunch of grapes (found instructions online) and turn
that into a quilt pattern, but I could use some points as to where to
find relevant designs.

Cheers
Anne
Old October 7th 07, 05:45 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
jennellh

Anne, this link doesn't have any grapes but there are pages of feather
quilting designs that are free to print and use.
http://www.forestquilting.com/index.html

jennellh (ps. Google seems to have cured its hiccups, for now)

Old October 7th 07, 10:29 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Debbi in SO CA

Anne,

I have gotten quite a few stencil from this site (usually at quilt
shows). They have a ton of stuff.

http://www.quiltingstencils.com/inde...arch=GO&Page=1

Debbi in SO CA

Old October 7th 07, 10:47 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Anne Rogers[_3_]

jennellh wrote:
Anne, this link doesn't have any grapes but there are pages of feather
quilting designs that are free to print and use.
http://www.forestquilting.com/index.html

great page, have book marked it for future use, or maybe even this one,
I had been musing of a circle of feathers, rather than a bunch of grapes.

Cheers
Anne
Old October 7th 07, 10:50 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Anne Rogers[_3_]

Debbi in SO CA wrote:
Anne,

I have gotten quite a few stencil from this site (usually at quilt
shows). They have a ton of stuff.

http://www.quiltingstencils.com/inde...arch=GO&Page=1

Thanks, I also searched for vine which brought up some more, 2 of which
were grapes, none of the widths work though and I object to paying for a
stencil to have to do the resizing myself! There was a really nice 9inch
border one, but it's still now use :-(.

Anne
Old October 8th 07, 03:07 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Debra

On Sun, 07 Oct 2007 07:36:22 -0700, Anne Rogers
wrote:

I've got a queensize top, which I plan to quilt myself, but haven't
found any appropriate stencils. There is also 4in and 6in border. I
think I can draw a bunch of grapes (found instructions online) and turn
that into a quilt pattern, but I could use some points as to where to
find relevant designs.

Cheers
Anne

Look for a free online applique pattern and use it for your quilting
pattern.

Or use one of these free downloadable coloring pages for your design.
http://www.sherriallen.com/coloring/fruit.html (several to choose
from)
http://www.geocities.com/duchess893_...lorfruits.html
http://www.geocities.com/Heartland/F...03/grapes.html
Debra in VA
See my quilts at
Old October 9th 07, 04:25 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Jane Kay

The website for Quiltmaker magazine has many free quilting motifs.
http://quiltmaker.com/motifs/
You could draw your own wine bottles and/or glasses.

Jane in NE Ohio

--
Please note that we have been assigned a NEW email address and update your
records. The new email address is . Thank you.

Old October 9th 07, 04:30 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Julia in MN

Jane Kay wrote:
The website for Quiltmaker magazine has many free quilting motifs.
http://quiltmaker.com/motifs/

They don't have as many as they used to. It looks like they have now put
them in books or on CD and are selling them

Julia in MN

http://webpages.charter.net/jaccola/

Old October 9th 07, 04:46 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Pat in Virginia

Anne: You might find some at craft stores. Take a look
at stencils for painting. These are intended for walls,
furniture, etc. Then you'd have the accurate shape and
size of the leaves. HTH.
PAT

Grape Hyacinth pattern SCP Needlework 7 March 2nd 05 04:11 PM
FA: leftovers from GRAPE LAMPSHADE (all handmades) Howard Glass 0 August 20th 04 07:26 PM
FA: leftovers from GRAPE LAMPSHADE (all handmades) Howard Marketplace 0 August 20th 04 07:26 PM
Stencil or stamp? [email protected] Carving 0 December 6th 03 09:17 AM