Shift to fusing

Old October 28th 07, 07:22 AM posted to rec.crafts.glass
Michael[_2_]

Default Shift to fusing

I don't remember what the thread was, but someone mentioned that
traditional leaded glass work appears to be in decline with a growing
popularity in baking it. I got a Bullseye catalog today in the mail
and the truth in that statement is verified by the emphasis in their
catalog. Shake and bake.

Michael

Old October 28th 07, 04:03 PM posted to rec.crafts.glass
Javahut[_4_]

"Michael" wrote in message
ups.com...
I don't remember what the thread was, but someone mentioned that
traditional leaded glass work appears to be in decline with a growing
popularity in baking it. I got a Bullseye catalog today in the mail
and the truth in that statement is verified by the emphasis in their
catalog. Shake and bake.

Michael

The popularity of fusing can be seen by the other glass manufacturers that
have added a fusing line or drawn attention to the ability of their glass to
be used for fusing.

Youghiogheny has Easy Fuse, compatible with float glass
Kokomo has run several ads regarding the ability of their glass to be in the
fusing library
Spectrum of course has System 96
Bullseye, emphasis noted previously
Urorboros , COE 90 and 96
Armstrong has a line of float compatible, although the name escapes me

Wissmach seems to be content with producing that which they already do
well, have never tested their glass, just because there are so many out
there already, never felt the urge.

Old October 28th 07, 04:25 PM posted to rec.crafts.glass
Vic

Wissmach

Old October 28th 07, 04:26 PM posted to rec.crafts.glass
Vic

Wissmach has a fusing and slumping tutorial on their web site. The COE
of Wissmach is 94
Vic

Old October 28th 07, 05:59 PM posted to rec.crafts.glass
[email protected]

On Oct 27, 11:22 pm, Michael wrote:
I don't remember what the thread was, but someone mentioned that
traditional leaded glass work appears to be in decline with a growing
popularity in baking it. I got a Bullseye catalog today in the mail
and the truth in that statement is verified by the emphasis in their
catalog. Shake and bake.

Michael

Not only has popular interest shifted to kilnforming, but much of the
work traditionally done as stained glass (windows & lampshades) is now
being done as single fused pieces or incorporating kilnformed or
torchworked components. Our shop has always done a lot of glass
panels for cabinet doors. Now, we do about 1/3rd stained glass and
2/3rd kilnformed - often with design matching backsplash tiles and
lighting scones. We're now working on a set of windows for a church
commission in which about half the pieces in the designs are
kilnformed.

I believe the shift towards kilnforming and torchworking will
continue. Traditional leaded glass will always be around (so will
blacksmiths), but will become an increasingly smaller percentage of
glass art.

Old October 28th 07, 07:07 PM posted to rec.crafts.glass
Javahut[_4_]

"Vic" wrote in message
ups.com...
Wissmach has a fusing and slumping tutorial on their web site. The COE
of Wissmach is 94
Vic

Well, there you go, hadn't been to their website in forever, so my bad
there. Looks like they are all emphasizing whatever they can to make a
buck. As it should be. But whether it is fusing or "flat glass" , at least
around MI, there is a definite downturn in demand. A few of us were having
a bit of sarcastic chuckle, "none of us could afford to go out of business
cause there isn't anyone left to buy our inventory, at any price!" just
have to hang in, do what you do and stay a few steps ahead of the bill
collectors.

Old October 28th 07, 11:25 PM posted to rec.crafts.glass
Moonraker[_2_]

wrote in message

I believe the shift towards kilnforming and torchworking will
continue.

Sure makes me wonder why you don't have any in-stock glass for sale, then.
Or why you aren't an authorized dealer for torches or safety glasses.

You are a puss-filled scab on the ass of society.

Old October 28th 07, 11:39 PM posted to rec.crafts.glass
Javahut[_4_]

wrote in message
oups.com...
[...]

Michael summed it up very well for you before you even posted on how well
you are doing....

Shake and bake

I was waiting with baited breath for you to tell us all how wonderful things
are for you Pennis, I can't begin to tell you how wonderful it is to see
your name on a post again, reminds me that when I made some changes on my
system, I forgot to put you in the killfilter again. You flippin' idiot.

Old October 29th 07, 12:13 AM posted to rec.crafts.glass
[email protected]

On Oct 28, 3:25 pm, " Moonraker" wrote:
wrote in message

I believe the shift towards kilnforming and torchworking will
continue.

Sure makes me wonder why you don't have any in-stock glass for sale, then.
Or why you aren't an authorized dealer for torches or safety glasses.

You are a puss-filled scab on the ass of society.

Wherever I'm positioned, I'll be there doing profitable business years
after you've closed shop.

Old October 29th 07, 12:33 AM posted to rec.crafts.glass
michele

I don't get it. Even a 5 year old child knows when he is being made fun of,
and feels unloved when every one is laughing at him. Besides going crying to
Mom, every child knows when it is best to back off and leave off trying to
get attention when his company is unwanted! D"B, don't you get it? you are a
flaming ignoramus spouting beatific bull**** to a board where everyone KNOWS
that for what it is!!!!!! why don't you go back to your sand box?? Leave
the adults to have meaningful conversations.m

oups.com...
wrote in message

I believe the shift towards kilnforming and torchworking will
continue.

Sure makes me wonder why you don't have any in-stock glass for sale,
then.
Or why you aren't an authorized dealer for torches or safety glasses.

You are a puss-filled scab on the ass of society.

Wherever I'm positioned, I'll be there doing profitable business years
after you've closed shop.

looking for a pattern-Early shift Anne M Needlework 10 October 26th 06 09:24 PM
Fusing fusing fusing Kalera Glass 12 August 10th 06 07:57 AM
Question On fusing liam Glass 3 February 4th 05 01:09 AM
Fusible isn't fusing QuiltShopHopper Quilting 11 March 23rd 04 02:58 PM
Pressing and Cutting Paradigm Shift needed frood Quilting 37 July 31st 03 10:20 AM