credit machines

Old October 7th 07, 07:45 PM posted to rec.crafts.glass
michele

Default credit machines

Those of you using portable credit machines, i have heard/seen good things
about the new cellular(bklackberry- style) machines that use third party
software but fear the learning curve. What is y'alls preferred/ favorable
newest tech. answer for on- road credit sales? please assume i am computer
ignorant.... ;)m

Old October 9th 07, 03:21 AM posted to rec.crafts.glass
glassywoman[_2_]

go to artfairsourcebook forum: lots of info on various portable credit
machines and the ones that are being phased out.

greg of artfairsourcebook uses one of the slides with a treo or blackberry
and he goes "everywhere" selling his books and online editions of
artfairsourcebook.

www.merchantanywhere.com is the service most are using i think. m.

Old October 14th 07, 04:11 PM posted to rec.crafts.glass
michele

i've been using my business bank and the knuckle buster for years, no per
charge fee/ free paper supplies, no equipment rental fee, etc. but it comes
to about 3% total charges. I just thought it might be time to get more
hi-tech if the cost was similar and not such a great learning curve involvd.
I haven't had bad luck often, maybe 60$ in the past 3 years in bad cards,
but i always ask for a phone #. Most often it's a simple clerical error, not
intentional(hell, for that amount?) and i've never had a bad charge on a
major piece. I could call it in but only do so if they seem nervous. So
which set-up and merchant bank do you favor? thanks, m

"diddly0909" wrote in message
select what model you think you need. I just use store and forward, but
most of my glass pieces are under $100.00
at art shows. I have one dude (stolen) credit card in the last 5 years.

you get a better rate for normal service vs mobil connect. i pay 1.35%

then go look on ebay.

shop around and get a good merchant service business partner.

US tax credit Cathy Quilting 0 February 1st 07 03:13 AM
Credit where credit's due LizardGumbo Needlework 0 January 26th 07 06:46 PM
Credit where credit is due... Johanna Gibson Quilting 9 September 12th 06 05:33 AM
I wish I could take the credit for this one... Julia in MN Quilting 13 May 9th 05 07:18 PM
pattern credit where credit is due DQLTS Quilting 6 August 27th 04 01:40 AM