In Contract!

Old October 2nd 07, 04:08 AM posted to rec.crafts.glass
Glassman

Default In Contract!

I'm finally in contract to sell my building, with all the inventory, to a
friendly competitor. In a million to 1 shot, he desperately needs to find a
new place to work, with his deal to buy his current space having fallen
through. I'm too young to retire, but the timing was just right. He's a
real SG guy even though he's been working out of a close by basement for as
long as I have been here. Not sure if he's going to be doing retail or not.
He's more interested in my space and the tables and racks and such. It's
the most amicable transaction either of our lawyers have ever seen! I swear
if all this legal stuff wasn't necessary, we'd do it on a handshake! My
advice to you folks out there is to BUY A BUILDING, rather than pay rent.
In only 7 years here, I stand to make more money on the sale than I made in
many many years of slaving over a hot iron.
At this point I'm 50-50 on whether I'm still going to do SG work out of
my garage after it gets done, or have a midlife crisis and switch careers.
The buyer has no objection to me doing whatever I want, including keeping
the phone number. Boy what mixed feelings I have after over 25 years of
doing this.
Any of you oldtimers thinking of doing this?

--
JK Sinrod
www.SinrodStudios.com

Old October 3rd 07, 02:30 AM posted to rec.crafts.glass
Michael[_2_]

Congratulations on your amiable business settlement, JK. It is
wonderful that you can wrap up a 25-year career on a good note. Sorry
to see you pulling out, but I understand your reasons.

Michael

Old October 3rd 07, 04:25 AM posted to rec.crafts.glass
Glassman

"Michael" wrote in message
oups.com...
Congratulations on your amiable business settlement, JK. It is
wonderful that you can wrap up a 25-year career on a good note. Sorry
to see you pulling out, but I understand your reasons.

Michael

I never really gave any reasons Michael..... that's for a later post.

Old October 3rd 07, 12:10 PM posted to rec.crafts.glass
Michael[_2_]

Glassman wrote:

I never really gave any reasons Michael..... that's for a later post.

****************
My apologies. I thought you mentioned something about arthritis and a
lessening profit margin in a post a month or so ago.

Michael

Old October 3rd 07, 04:33 PM posted to rec.crafts.glass
[email protected]

On Oct 3, 4:10 am, Michael wrote:
Glassman wrote:

I never really gave any reasons Michael..... that's for a later post.

****************
My apologies. I thought you mentioned something about arthritis and a
lessening profit margin in a post a month or so ago.

Michael

I thought the word "politics" was in there somewhere.....

Old October 3rd 07, 06:02 PM posted to rec.crafts.glass
Glassman@work

wrote in message
oups.com...
On Oct 3, 4:10 am, Michael wrote:
Glassman wrote:

I never really gave any reasons Michael..... that's for a later post.

****************
My apologies. I thought you mentioned something about arthritis and a
lessening profit margin in a post a month or so ago.

Michael

I thought the word "politics" was in there somewhere.....

If I run for office it'll be dogcatcher.

Old October 3rd 07, 06:57 PM posted to rec.crafts.glass
Moonraker[_2_]

"Glassman@work" wrote in message

If I run for office it'll be dogcatcher.

My guess is that you are more qualified to be dogcatcher than the two
NewYorkers who are trying to be president. LOL

Old October 4th 07, 03:46 AM posted to rec.crafts.glass
Glassman

" Moonraker" wrote in message
.. .

"Glassman@work" wrote in message

If I run for office it'll be dogcatcher.

My guess is that you are more qualified to be dogcatcher than the two
NewYorkers who are trying to be president. LOL

What..... you don't love Hillary?