Retail Glass Distributors

Old September 15th 07, 12:35 PM posted to rec.crafts.glass
Michael[_2_]

Default Retail Glass Distributors

Ron Parkerwrote:

I've got at least two good stained glass retailers here in Fort Wayne,
both with pretty decent selections, and I still drive down to Kokomo
from time to time just because I can.

*************
I'm wanting to go up there. Do you know the hours or can you point me
towards a web page with their hours? Do they sell all their regular
glass to hobbyists there, too?

Michael

Old September 15th 07, 12:42 PM posted to rec.crafts.glass
Michael[_2_]

Moonraker wrote:

Of course, there's Armstrong's outlet store also.

*************
I was in Atlanta last week. I looked in the yellow pages under
stained glass and it went from architec... to art... with no Armstrong
in there. I'll have some time to kill there Monday morning. Can you
tell me where the Armstrong outlet store is and where I can find their
hours?

Thanks, Michael

Old September 15th 07, 02:48 PM posted to rec.crafts.glass
Javahut[_4_]

"Michael" wrote in message
ups.com...

http://www.armstrongglass.com/

Old September 15th 07, 02:48 PM posted to rec.crafts.glass
Javahut[_4_]

"Michael" wrote in message
ups.com...

http://kog.com/

Old September 15th 07, 04:05 PM posted to rec.crafts.glass
Moonraker[_2_]

"Michael" wrote in message
ups.com...
Moonraker wrote:

Of course, there's Armstrong's outlet store also.

*************
I was in Atlanta last week. I looked in the yellow pages under
stained glass and it went from architec... to art... with no Armstrong
in there. I'll have some time to kill there Monday morning. Can you
tell me where the Armstrong outlet store is and where I can find their
hours?

Thanks, Michael

Armstrong's outlet store is in the N Marietta area, in Cobb International
Industrial Park which is off of Cobb Parkway (US41), North of Barrett
Parkway. The building is in the rear of the complex, behind Brigade
Quartermasters. I'm pretty sure they are open 9-5.

Old September 15th 07, 10:06 PM posted to rec.crafts.glass
Ron Parker

On Sat, 15 Sep 2007 04:35:13 -0700, Michael wrote:
Ron Parkerwrote:

I've got at least two good stained glass retailers here in Fort Wayne,
both with pretty decent selections, and I still drive down to Kokomo
from time to time just because I can.

*************
I'm wanting to go up there. Do you know the hours or can you point me
towards a web page with their hours? Do they sell all their regular
glass to hobbyists there, too?

The URL to the retail side was in my original post: http://www.theopshop.com/

They don't sell "all" their glass, simply because their production line is
essentially demand-based: as I recall, they don't actually make some colors
and textures unless someone's ordered it. But they do have a pretty large
selection available at any given time.

There's a phone number on the webpage, and whenever I've called they've
been very helpful. I'm sure they can do a much better job answering your
questions than I can.

Old September 16th 07, 04:51 AM posted to rec.crafts.glass
Glassman

"Javahut" wrote in message

stained glass and it went from architec... to art... with no Armstrong
in there. I'll have some time to kill there Monday morning. Can you
tell me where the Armstrong outlet store is and where I can find their
hours?

Thanks, Michael

http://www.armstrongglass.com/

Is Armstrong still making glass there, or is it all from China now?

--
JK Sinrod
www.SinrodStudios.com

Old September 16th 07, 01:32 PM posted to rec.crafts.glass
Michael[_2_]

Thanks for the links to Kokomo and Armstrong. From the Armstrong link
I found all the information for the outlet store in Atlanta. I've got
an early flight down there tomorrow and the meeting I need to attend
doesn't start till 1PM, so I'm heading up there to take a look. If I
want some of the glass and shipping is too pricey, I've got travel
back to Atlanta in a few more weeks. Since it's under 400 miles from
where I live (southern Indiana), work will let me drive my own vehicle
and reimburse me for gas. I might go that route and pick up the glass
myself.

And Kokomo is just a couple hours drive north of me. As soon as
possible I'm wanting to take a Friday off and drive up there and check
it out.

Michael

Old September 16th 07, 04:21 PM posted to rec.crafts.glass
Javahut[_4_]

"glassman" wrote in message

"Javahut" wrote in message

stained glass and it went from architec... to art... with no Armstrong
in there. I'll have some time to kill there Monday morning. Can you
tell me where the Armstrong outlet store is and where I can find their
hours?

Thanks, Michael

http://www.armstrongglass.com/

Is Armstrong still making glass there, or is it all from China now?

--
JK Sinrod
www.SinrodStudios.com
www.MyConeyIslandMemories.com

China, but they got a big warehouse with stuff in it that the distributors
don't carry, lots of nice stuff, and unusual.

and did you get the box with the vases?

Old September 16th 07, 05:18 PM posted to rec.crafts.glass
Moonraker[_2_]

"Michael" wrote in message
oups.com...
Thanks for the links to Kokomo and Armstrong. From the Armstrong link
I found all the information for the outlet store in Atlanta. I've got
an early flight down there tomorrow and the meeting I need to attend
doesn't start till 1PM, so I'm heading up there to take a look.
Michael

From Hartsfield Inconvenient Airport, go N on I-85, it will merge with
I-75 in a couple of miles. Continue N right through downtown ATL, (expect
LOTS of traffic) and then ease over into the right 3 lanes as I-75 splits
off to the right. Continue N on I-75 to exit 269, (Barrett Parkway).

Turn L at that bottom of the exit and go West about 3 or 4 miles. Turn R on
US 41 (Cobb Parkway). There is a Carmax dealership on your Left at that
intersection just before you turn. You will turn left into the industrial
complex a couple of miles North.

The entrance is at a cross-over between the divided lanes where there is no
traffic light. If you see a small airport on your right as you go up a long
hill, you went too far.