New to your group

Old March 14th 07, 02:06 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Bricore

Default New to your group

Hello! I am new to your group. I am not sure just how to work this
group (post messages and get them just yet.) I THINK I am posting a
message but I could be wrong..lol..

Anyway, My name is Dora Renee' Wilkerson. I live in good old Marion,
Ohio. I am into many different hobbies (from spinning, wool dyeing,
loom knitting, candle making, embroidery, horses, and so on..) I have
two young children, four horses, 2 English Anogra's, soon a few dairy
goats, and one husband (which most of you will know one of them is
more then enough...lol.. He really is a sweet man.)

I love loom knitting. I have had a few patterns published in a couple
different magazines and booklets. No books of my own yet..lol.. I do
enjoy looming tho.

Well I hope to learn a lot from your group.

Dora Renee' Wilkerson
http://www.bricoreandfamily.blogspot.com/

Old March 14th 07, 03:17 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
ILovemyDoggie.

Bricore wrote:
Hello! I am new to your group. I am not sure just how to work this
group (post messages and get them just yet.) I THINK I am posting a
message but I could be wrong..lol..

Anyway, My name is Dora Renee' Wilkerson. I live in good old Marion,
Ohio. I am into many different hobbies (from spinning, wool dyeing,
loom knitting, candle making, embroidery, horses, and so on..) I have
two young children, four horses, 2 English Anogra's, soon a few dairy
goats, and one husband (which most of you will know one of them is
more then enough...lol.. He really is a sweet man.)

I love loom knitting. I have had a few patterns published in a couple
different magazines and booklets. No books of my own yet..lol.. I do
enjoy looming tho.

Well I hope to learn a lot from your group.

Dora Renee' Wilkerson
http://www.bricoreandfamily.blogspot.com/

Hey Dora,
what type of yarn to you spin? Btw, welcome to the group. This group
is neat.
Pam-Doggirl3
Alabama

Old March 14th 07, 03:19 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
'Nez

On Mar 14, 10:06�am, "Bricore" wrote:
Hello! I am new to your group. I am not sure just how to work this
group (post messages and get them just yet.) *I THINK I am posting a
message but I could be wrong..lol..

I love loom knitting. I have had a few patterns published in a couple
different magazines and booklets. No books of my own yet..lol.. I do
enjoy looming tho.

Well I hope to learn a lot from your group.

Dora Renee' Wilkersonhttp://www.bricoreandfamily.blogspot.com/

Hi, Dora. Glad to have another newbie. I crochet, knit, macrame,
tat, quilt and do counted cross stitch (mostly). The others take a
back seat when I get the urge to do the counted cross stitch. Right
now I am trying to finish a shawl by Vogue Knitting that is gonna be
some kind of pretty.

How do you knit with a loom? Don't believe I have heard of that one
yet. Frances

Old March 14th 07, 05:36 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Bricore

On Mar 14, 11:19 am, "'Nez" wrote:
[...]

Hello Frances,
Oh, yes I love knit with all knits of looms. I have the KK (both
long and round) sets, the flower looms, I have small gauge and large
gauge looms, Handmade looms, rug looms, and store bought looms. I even
have some glove looms that aren't out yet because the woman is trying
to get it where no one else can make them..) I love to loom knit. It's
easier on my hands then crocheting and knitting with needles. I even
have a set of looms that flex for people with hand problems. I think I
have a picture of some of my looms on my wall on this page
http://bricoreandfamily.blogspot.com...1_archive.html

I have been thinking about macrame here lately. So, now that I know
someone on here does it. I have to ask you some questions if I run
into some problems (hope that doesn't happen..)

I have been thinking of doing little educational video's on how to
loom knit. I just need more time in a day and a second pair of hands.

Dora Renee' Wilkerson

Old March 14th 07, 05:41 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Bricore

I'll try this again. I thought I posted a reply but it looks like I
didn't.. Sorry, I am new to the google group thing (I am used to
yahoo's tho.)

I spin anything I can get my hands on. I have two English angora's
that I love spinning. I also spin sheep (I ordered 3 lbs. a while
back. I think it was called the Black sheep company or something like
that. Good stuff for the price tho.)

Well I am going to test and see if these message goes this time before
I write a book and it goes no where.

Dora

http://www.bricoreandfamily.blogspot.com/

Hey Dora,
what type of yarn to you spin? Btw, welcome to the group. This group
is neat.
Pam-Doggirl3
Alabama- Hide quoted text -

Old March 14th 07, 06:02 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
BB

Hello! I am new to your group. I am not sure just how to work this
group (post messages and get them just yet.) I THINK I am posting a
message but I could be wrong..lol..

Anyway, My name is Dora Renee' Wilkerson. I live in good old Marion,
Ohio. I am into many different hobbies (from spinning, wool dyeing,
loom knitting, candle making, embroidery, horses, and so on..) I have
two young children, four horses, 2 English Anogra's, soon a few dairy
goats, and one husband (which most of you will know one of them is
more then enough...lol.. He really is a sweet man.)

I love loom knitting. I have had a few patterns published in a couple
different magazines and booklets. No books of my own yet..lol.. I do
enjoy looming tho.

Well I hope to learn a lot from your group.

Dora Renee' Wilkerson
http://www.bricoreandfamily.blogspot.com/

Welcome to the group! I'm in Ohio and I am pretty familiar with Marion.
My parents lived in Richwood for years. I checked out your blog - you
do lots of stuff! I mostly just knit.

BB

Old March 14th 07, 07:48 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Bricore

I know just where Richwood is! There is a farrier store out there.
That's about all I can tell you but I know where it is.

I was born up in Sylvania near Toledo but came here about 8 years ago
now. I like it here really. Lots of nice people...

Glad to be apart of the group. Thank-you and everyone else for the
nice welcome too.

Dora Renee' Wilkerson

Welcome to the group! I'm in Ohio and I am pretty familiar with Marion.
My parents lived in Richwood for years. I checked out your blog - you
do lots of stuff! I mostly just knit.

BB- Hide quoted text -

Old March 14th 07, 08:49 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Mirjam Bruck-Cohen

Welcome Dora ,,,

have a cofee strech your legs and take out your knitting or what ever
you do ,,, mirjam

Old March 14th 07, 10:17 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Bricore

On Mar 14, 4:49 pm, (Mirjam Bruck-Cohen) wrote:
Welcome Dora ,,,

have a cofee strech your legs and take out your knitting or what ever
you do ,,, mirjam

I love a good coffee (with some International creamer!)

I will be reading a bunch of the post here later tonight.

Thanks for having me!

Dora

Old March 14th 07, 10:35 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
'Nez

On Mar 14, 1:36�pm, "Bricore" wrote:
On Mar 14, 11:19 am, "'Nez" wrote:

[...]

AHHH!! OK, now my mind clicks into gear. Like the knitting knobby I
used to use as a kid to make drawstrings for clothing or a tie for a
jacket. My mind doesn't work like it used to for some reason.

As for macrame, it is easy once you get the hang of it. It is mostly
square knots, larks head knots, and other knots that don't come to
mind right now. Feel free to ask away. I will answer if I can.
Frances

Your pick group (and any other group I moderate), Pami, Dannielle-double aster.... Terbear Quilting 0 December 1st 06 11:17 PM
New To Group Kath Yarn 13 January 4th 06 11:08 PM
Hello Group Kari Machine Knit 1 December 1st 05 09:30 PM
New to the Group mertle Jewelry 1 January 30th 05 09:18 AM
New to the Group Darren Jewelry 2 January 23rd 05 12:54 AM