OT My Disappearing Act - Some OT

Old February 1st 05, 10:59 PM
NanaV

Default OT My Disappearing Act - Some OT

So, in case anyone noticed my disappearing act a few days ago till now, my
Dad wasn't feeling well and I was putting my energies elsewhere. Since
there were about a million messages when I got back on line I had to (sigh)
mark them as read and move on. I'm likely to disappear from time to time it
seems. Especially since this morning a friend of mine died and I have a
wake and such to go to. I was also asked to sing at the funeral so that
will take additional time. I send good wishes to all that need them and -
if I ever get some sleep - I will even happy dance!

I have the presentation of the Anniversary Quilt I made this coming Sunday.
I'm really looking forward to it. The few people involved that have had
sneak previews have said they really think it's beautiful. It really isn't
beautiful but it did come out as well as I hoped it would.

I have been trying to figure out what quilt to do next. I have decided it
will be a "house" quilt (meaning one for DH and I to grab when we want. I'm
really so tempted to try a flannel quilt especially since so many of you
said it wasn't all that difficult to handle the flannel instead of cotton.
I just have to find the right pattern. I saw the most spectacular flannel
quilt years ago. It had a fussy cut floral in the center (similar to a
diamond in a square pattern) and then had complimentary colors making up the
edges. It was in dark "country" colors (browns, beige, tan, etc.) which I
don't usually care for but it was striking. I'm thinking of doing a similar
on in blues, greens and yellows to go with the living room. Although I
could also make a throw for the bed room. Well, I guess it's time for a
trip to the fabric store (what a chore but I'm willing to endure it for the
good of my art).

Nana

Old February 1st 05, 11:19 PM
Paul & Suzie Beckwith

NanaV wrote:
[...]

Our "house" quilt is currently the one I did for my City & Guilds in
Patchwork a couple of years back, its a railfence in yellow, green &
blue (Timeless Treasures 'Leaf' pattern). Classic pattern, classic colours!

Whatever you decide - have fun!

Suzie B
--
"From the internet connection under the pier"
Southend, UK

Old February 2nd 05, 01:33 AM
Carolyn McCarty

You're doing wonders, NanaV. Keeping you and your family in my prayers.

--
Carolyn in The Old Pueblo

If it ain't broke, you aren't trying. --Red Green

If at first you don't succeed, switch to power tools --Red Green

Old February 2nd 05, 07:32 PM
Pati Cook

For a really nice, and quick quilt that is gorgeous made up in flannels,
look for a book(let) titled "Mulberry Lane". (Don't remember the author
off hand, but it is one of those sort of skinny books, that is stapled,
I think, No real spine to it.)
This book has several really nice quilts in it, and one is "Chantilly".
all HSTs made from 7" squares (if I am remembering right). Key is the
setting, it looks like large interlocked, sort of, diamonds.
There are also a couple of nice applique quilts and a few more fairly
simple pieced ones.
Great little book.
(I have 2 different quilts from this book started and on my "to be
finished soon" list.)

Nana, I hope things go better with your Dad soon. and that the
presentation is wonderful

Pati, in Phx

Old February 2nd 05, 08:29 PM
Sandy Foster

In article t,
Pati Cook wrote:

For a really nice, and quick quilt that is gorgeous made up in flannels,
look for a book(let) titled "Mulberry Lane". (Don't remember the author
off hand, but it is one of those sort of skinny books, that is stapled,
I think, No real spine to it.)
This book has several really nice quilts in it, and one is "Chantilly".
all HSTs made from 7" squares (if I am remembering right). Key is the
setting, it looks like large interlocked, sort of, diamonds.

snip

Pati, Candy Dempsey, who used to hang out here quite a bit and who has
been very quiet lately, made a quilt from that Chantilly pattern, and it
was *gorgeous*! I saw photos of it -- I can highly recommend it as a
lovely quilt for anyone.

--
Sandy in Henderson, near Las Vegas
http://home.earthlink.net/~sfoster1

AKA Dame Sandy, Minister of Education
Old February 2nd 05, 11:36 PM
nzlstar

http://www.blackmountainquilts.com/BMQ580.htm
would this be them?
a couple of applique i like alot there too.
jeanne
--
san-fran at ihug dot co dot nz
nzlstar on yahoo msg'r

Pati Cook wrote:
For a really nice, and quick quilt that is gorgeous made up in flannels,
look for a book(let) titled "Mulberry Lane". (Don't remember the author
off hand, but it is one of those sort of skinny books, that is stapled,
I think, No real spine to it.)
This book has several really nice quilts in it, and one is "Chantilly".
all HSTs made from 7" squares (if I am remembering right). Key is the
setting, it looks like large interlocked, sort of, diamonds.

snip

"Sandy Foster" wrote...

Old February 3rd 05, 08:12 PM
Pati Cook

Sure 'nuff. Thats the book. I have Chantilly started in flannels,
Around the World in blues and yellows. Story Time is a great one for
scenics, and I have done a 9-Patch and Snowball quilt in a floral with
coordinating fabrics. Most of the quilts in this book are ones I want
to do.

Pati, in Phx