Environmental Compliance

Old September 26th 07, 12:58 PM posted to rec.crafts.glass
Glassman

Default Environmental Compliance

Has anyone here been investigated or busted for chemical and/or lead use
and disposal? What about water contamination issues? Did you need to use a
filter in your line?

--
JK Sinrod
www.SinrodStudios.com

Old September 26th 07, 03:16 PM posted to rec.crafts.glass
Javahut[_4_]

"glassman" wrote in message
Has anyone here been investigated or busted for chemical and/or lead use
and disposal? What about water contamination issues? Did you need to use a
filter in your line?

--
JK Sinrod
www.SinrodStudios.com
www.MyConeyIslandMemories.com

nope, my level of usage is too low...according to what was supplied to me by
my local governing agency.

Old September 26th 07, 03:22 PM posted to rec.crafts.glass
Moonraker[_2_]

"Javahut" wrote in message

"glassman" wrote in message
Has anyone here been investigated or busted for chemical and/or lead
use
and disposal? What about water contamination issues? Did you need to use
filter in your line?

--
JK Sinrod
www.SinrodStudios.com
www.MyConeyIslandMemories.com

nope, my level of usage is too low...according to what was supplied to me
by
my local governing agency.

I thought the EPA threshold was to generate 150lbs of lead scrap per year,
meaning you had to have some sort of a permit to dispose of the toxic waste.
Less than that, apparently you could use your regular dumpster.

Old September 26th 07, 08:30 PM posted to rec.crafts.glass
Glassman@work

" Moonraker" wrote in message
.. .

"Javahut" wrote in message

"glassman" wrote in message
Has anyone here been investigated or busted for chemical and/or lead
use
and disposal? What about water contamination issues? Did you need to use
filter in your line?

--
JK Sinrod
www.SinrodStudios.com
www.MyConeyIslandMemories.com

nope, my level of usage is too low...according to what was supplied to me
by
my local governing agency.

I thought the EPA threshold was to generate 150lbs of lead scrap per
year, meaning you had to have some sort of a permit to dispose of the
toxic waste. Less than that, apparently you could use your regular
dumpster.

I think you're probably right, but they are getting tougher each day,
especially with the groud water being tainted. I wonder how much of this is
responsible for the lead prices going nuts?

Old September 26th 07, 08:34 PM posted to rec.crafts.glass
Moonraker[_2_]

"Glassman@work" wrote in message

I think you're probably right, but they are getting tougher each day,
especially with the groud water being tainted. I wonder how much of this
is responsible for the lead prices going nuts?

Yeah, thank God for the bunny huggers.

The only time the American public is truly safe is when Congress is in
recess.

Old September 26th 07, 11:24 PM posted to rec.crafts.glass
michele

be nice, moon, i like bunnies!
and a note on the other thread 'tired subject', if i used a Q-tip to flux
i'd be at it all day! I use a paintbrush, lay it on heavy, then wipe off w/
paper towel. Or just load a paper towel up and cover a whole panel in secs!
course i do foil work exclusively AND i've never tried a machine but may
have to give it a go now... m