Oh no, I've bought a misprinted pattern book

Old July 22nd 07, 03:34 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Debra

Default Oh no, I've bought a misprinted pattern book

I went to a quilt show today and bought some things including a
pattern book by Jeana Kimball. Unfortunately I've found the book is
missing two patterns. The pages are there but nothing is printed on
them, not even the numbers. I really would like to have a complete
book since I paid for it. Should I write an e-mail letting her know
the problem and hope that it can be rectified, or am I just stuck with
it as it is?
Debra in VA
See my quilts at
Old July 22nd 07, 03:40 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Betty in Wi

No, you should not be stuck with it! Email them and let them know....they
should be able to return it to the publisher for credit and you should get a
new one.

Betty in WI

Old July 22nd 07, 03:42 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
maryd

I would write the company and the vendor. You should not be stuck with a
defective book.

--
Mary
: http://community.webshots.com/user/debplayshere

Old July 22nd 07, 05:18 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Debra

On Sun, 22 Jul 2007 02:40:19 GMT, "Betty in Wi"
wrote:

No, you should not be stuck with it! Email them and let them know....they
should be able to return it to the publisher for credit and you should get a
new one.

Betty in WI

I don't know the vendor because the receipt has no company name on it.
Debra in VA
See my quilts at
Old July 22nd 07, 05:19 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Debra

On Sat, 21 Jul 2007 19:42:21 -0700, "maryd" mardor@*net wrote:

I would write the company and the vendor. You should not be stuck with a
defective book.

Do you mean the publisher? I don't know the vendor because the
Old July 22nd 07, 10:18 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Jessamy[_2_]

I went to a quilt show today and bought some things including a
pattern book by Jeana Kimball. Unfortunately I've found the book is
missing two patterns. The pages are there but nothing is printed on
them, not even the numbers. I really would like to have a complete
book since I paid for it. Should I write an e-mail letting her know
the problem and hope that it can be rectified, or am I just stuck with
it as it is?
Debra in VA
See my quilts athttp://community.webshots.com/user/debplayshere

As you don't know the vendor: contact the *publisher* as it's the
publishers responsibility to print the books correctly not the
writer's.

HTH

Jessamy
In The Netherlands

Old July 22nd 07, 03:01 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Debra

On Sun, 22 Jul 2007 09:18:31 -0000, Jessamy
wrote:

I went to a quilt show today and bought some things including a
pattern book by Jeana Kimball. Unfortunately I've found the book is
missing two patterns. The pages are there but nothing is printed on
them, not even the numbers. I really would like to have a complete
book since I paid for it. Should I write an e-mail letting her know
the problem and hope that it can be rectified, or am I just stuck with
it as it is?
Debra in VA
See my quilts athttp://community.webshots.com/user/debplayshere

As you don't know the vendor: contact the *publisher* as it's the
publishers responsibility to print the books correctly not the
writer's.

HTH

Jessamy
In The Netherlands

replied privately
Debra in VA
See my quilts at
Old July 23rd 07, 12:18 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Sherry

On Jul 21, 9:34 pm, Debra wrote:
I went to a quilt show today and bought some things including a
pattern book by Jeana Kimball. Unfortunately I've found the book is
missing two patterns. The pages are there but nothing is printed on
them, not even the numbers. I really would like to have a complete
book since I paid for it. Should I write an e-mail letting her know
the problem and hope that it can be rectified, or am I just stuck with
it as it is?
Debra in VA
See my quilts athttp://community.webshots.com/user/debplayshere

Debra, I've been pleasantly surprised at the results of a nice letter
from
a dissatisfied consumer. I just bet the publishing company will
replace the book with no problem. They actually need this information
from you, since no telling how many other books like yours are
out in circulation. Be sure give them all the info. you can regarding
the book and where you bought it.

Sherry

Old July 23rd 07, 03:59 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Sandy Ellison Sandy Ellison is offline
Banned

Howdy!

http://www.jeanakimballquilter.com/store/faq.html

R/Sandy--who doesn't believe you're really all that confused about
how to handle this ;-P

On 7/21/07 11:19 PM, in article ,
"Debra" wrote:

On Sat, 21 Jul 2007 19:42:21 -0700, "maryd" mardor@*net wrote:

I would write the company and the vendor. You should not be stuck with a
defective book.

Do you mean the publisher? I don't know the vendor because the
receipt has no company name on it.
Debra in VA
See my quilts at

Bought my first pattern for a dress!!!!!!!!!! Jangchub Needlework 6 December 28th 05 06:08 AM
just bought my first pattern ;-) Happy Poor Sewing 0 December 8th 05 04:48 PM
Bought new book Johanna Koski Yarn 4 November 16th 04 10:12 PM
Bought new book Mirjam Bruck-Cohen Yarn 0 November 16th 04 09:49 PM