Intro

Old July 14th 07, 05:00 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Deanna in Virginia

Default Intro

Thanks to Pami, I have joined the group. Pami and I are friends.

My name is Deanna, 58 years young and I live in Roanoke, VA. Are
there others on the group from Virginia? I started quilting seriously,
4 years ago after being diagnosed with breast cancer. I was told to
get a passion and since I had "dabbled" in quilting for a couple of
years before that, I knew it would be quilting. And boy, I'm I
addicted. I'm always willing to try something new, even if it doesn't
turn out well. I tried and that's the main thing to me. Quilting to me
is about having fun and not worrying about being perfect.

Hope to learn a lot and get to know you soon.

Deanna

Old July 14th 07, 06:40 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Patti S

Welcome Deanna! And congratulations on being a breast cancer survivor!

Tell us more - What's your favorite quilting method? Applique? Paper
pieced? Scrappy? Favorite colors? Novelty prints? Retro? Pastels?
Batiks? Any QI's? And..... where do you hide your stash?

Patti in Seattle

Old July 14th 07, 09:08 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Patti

Welcome Deanna.
You'll find there are quite a few folk from Virginia. They'll chip in
eventually. Once you've dabbled a bit, I bet you find a style or
technique that you love and make your own; if not, have huge fun trying
this and that and moving on! What are you working on at the moment?
..
In message .com,
Deanna in Virginia writes

--
Best Regards
pat on the hill
Old July 14th 07, 09:13 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Estelle Gallagher

Welcome Deanna. I live in the uk but do visit with bil and sil in Virginia
evry couple of years.
--
Estelle UK
http://uk.photos.yahoo.com/ph//my_photos
oups.com...

Old July 14th 07, 11:39 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Roberta Zollner

Welcome! We're the same age :-) And we certainly share the passion. Do you
have photos up anywhere?
Roberta in D

oups.com...

Old July 14th 07, 02:09 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Debi Matlack

Welcome Deanna! I'm glad Pami convinced you to join our group. This is a
fantastic place to listen and learn and talk about everything from quilting
to kitties and whatever happens to be the subject du jour. I'm in Florida
with my DH and our furkids. Have a seat and tell us more!
--
Debi

Chaos, panic and disorder ... my work here is done.

Old July 14th 07, 05:25 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Sandy

In article .com,
Deanna in Virginia wrote:

Thanks to Pami, I have joined the group. Pami and I are friends.

My name is Deanna, 58 years young and I live in Roanoke, VA. Are
there others on the group from Virginia? I started quilting seriously,
4 years ago after being diagnosed with breast cancer. I was told to
get a passion and since I had "dabbled" in quilting for a couple of
years before that, I knew it would be quilting. And boy, I'm I
addicted. I'm always willing to try something new, even if it doesn't
turn out well. I tried and that's the main thing to me. Quilting to me
is about having fun and not worrying about being perfect.

Hope to learn a lot and get to know you soon.

Deanna

Welcome, Deanna! Any friend of Pami's is a friend of ours. What sort
of quilts do you like to make when you're not experimenting with
something new? Do you have QIs? How about chocolate? g

--
Sandy in Henderson, near Las Vegas
sfoster 1 (at) earthlink (dot) net (remove/change the obvious)
Old July 14th 07, 06:10 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Judy

Welcome aboard to the best-est cyber frame around! Glad Pami talked you into
joining us! Did she also tell you that you had to send us all chocolate????
just kiddin' BUT you do have to tell us your favorite chocolate!
ME-Judy

Old July 14th 07, 09:56 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Pat in Virginia

Hello Deanna!
Great to see another Virginian here! I'm over on the
Peninsula ... in the Historic Triangle. Are you a
member of VCQ? Are you going to the Ricky Timms Seminar
in Richmond next week?

Enough with my questions! Here is my usual welcome ...
for Everyone, not just those lucky enough to live in
Virginia! The only rule you really need to know:
Send a pound or two of chocolate to the Official Chocolate
Tasting Office, conveniently located here in my Palace in
Virginia, USA. I will taste test if for you and report via
E-Mail. No need to thank me! It is my selfless volunteer service
to the RCTQ Community.

PAT, Official Chocolate Taster or RCTQ
AND Queen of Everything

Old July 15th 07, 12:22 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Deanna in Virginia

Hi Patti,

I have been doing yard work since this morning. Now, it's time to
answer a bit of mail, take a shower, eat and watch a DVD....

I love scrappy quilts. They are so warm and inviting. They remind me
of my Grandmothers and staying with them. They never wasted an old
shirt, pants, or even a tablecloth that was worn. They all went into
quilts. Even the old denim from the men's pants and overalls. I love
scrappy quilts with applique on them. I also like to dabble in art
quilts. When I get right down to it, I like everything with quilting.
My favorite colors..... hmmmm... Pink, yellow, earth tones, black,
white,reds, greens.... all of them except for neon...... I have a ton
of novelty prints because I use them for the kids at Pinr Ridge
Reservation. I also like pastels and can't live without batiks. Also
hand dyes.....
What is QI???????? I don't hide my stash. My husband did me a quilting
studio, bought me PCQuilter, several machines and even buys fabric for
me. He loves to buy batiks.

I'll answer more later replies later on tonight. I hear the shower
calling and we both are starved.....

Happy Quilting,
Deanna

New here...Intro Dorothy Quilting 20 April 8th 07 06:55 PM
intro [email protected] Quilting 10 April 24th 06 08:16 PM
Intro....... Carol L Yarn 5 July 1st 05 07:00 AM
intro debomcd Yarn 15 January 31st 05 05:01 PM
intro.. Bead Sprite Polymer Clay 2 September 19th 03 01:38 AM