OT - Walmart Service Surprise

Old July 29th 07, 03:43 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Alice

Default OT - Walmart Service Surprise

Two years ago I purchased an ironing board at Wal-Mart. It was their
"deluxe" model with iron rest which is 48 inches long. Recently I'd been
checking each time I went in there for a new pad and cover. All they ever
had fit a 53 to 55 inch board. Several times I got an "associate" to help
me.....er, rather, not help me. I was told different things...they didn't
carry it anymore, they were out of it, I should check on Wal-Mart.com! (I
did...it wasn't available there either.) Finally, my patience ran out! I
bought the larger size pad, and brought it home to see if I could make it
fit. It didn't, so I took it back. I went to Customer Service and told
them my story, and that they were still selling the same board that I have.
One lady suggested Wal-Mart.com again and the other (snippy) one said that
if my board was 2 years old and I was having a problem, I'd have to take it
up with the manufacturer! Can you imagine me calling the manufacturer and
complaining that Wal-Mart isn't carrying the cover that I need? By that
time I was so frustrated that I found the Store Asst. Mgr. She at least
took my name and phone number down and promised to check on the item for me!
She probably threw out that scrap of paper as soon as I turned my back!

When I got home, I was still annoyed (putting it mildly), so I sent an email
to Wal-Mart. I was shocked yesterday to get a call from the ironing board
manufacturer....a very friendly, helpful man, who promised to send me the
correct item via UPS at NO CHARGE! I should be getting it in 3 or 4 days. He
also mentioned that he would check with our local store to find out why they
are not stocking the item. What a pleasant surprise!

Alice in PA
http://community.webshots.com/user/twosonsatpsu

Old July 29th 07, 02:19 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Debi Matlack

Wow! That's really good. Our local Wal-Mart is okay, but not terribly
helpful. I don't they get told anything about what they carry or what is
available. My DMIL works for another store here in FL and she tells me they
pretty much get what they get sent from corporate HQ. Not what they need
usually.
--
Debi

Chaos, panic and disorder ... my work here is done.

Old July 29th 07, 02:54 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Mary

I had a jaw-dropping discussion with my local Walmart a few years ago
and am still shaking my head over it. There was a small table on
display that happened to be exactly right for a guest room, so I
decided to buy it. Well, there were none of that table in boxes to
buy, so I asked a person who worked there to find one for me. He
looked all over in the sales area, and then went to the back to see if
he could find one there. No luck. Then he went to the in-store
computer inventory to see if there was one somewhere he had missed.
No luck. So I asked to buy the floor sample, and he said they
normally don't sell those, but that he would ask a manager. The area
manager came over and told me they couldn't sell me the floor sample,
so I asked if they would special-order one for me. At that point he
checked the computer and came back and said they couldn't get any more
of that table. So I asked what I thought was logical --- if they
weren't able to get any more of that particular table, wouldn't it
make sense to sell it to me and get it out of the store rather than
have people (like me) try to buy a duplicate? No luck. I then asked
to speak with the store manager, and after a fairly lengthy discussion
about displaying an item they didn't have in stock and couldn't get
anyway, he finally sold it to me. Sheesh!

Old July 29th 07, 03:36 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
witchystitcher

I had the same experience at Staples. They had a computer on display
that they weren't going to stock any more and they had none in stock,
but they wouldn't sell the floor model because that is their policy.

Linda
PATCHogue, NY

Old July 29th 07, 04:05 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Taria

I waited in the return line while the one employee called every other
store in the area to find a bicycle on ad. It was kind of weird all the
time that I put into that kid getting a bike. LOL She did find the
bike, the grandma headed to the other store to buy it and I did got
my refund sooner or later. That day I felt it was ok time spent in
the line even if the employee used judgment that was a little off
base.
I guess before I quit shopping at Sears I learned not to expect much
service or sense at some stores. That must have prepared me for
Walmart. You really can't expect much at discount stores but once in
awhile the employees do really make an effort. I appreciate the few
times that happens.
Glad you got your table Mary and hope the ironing board cover really
does show up!
Taria

Old July 29th 07, 06:47 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Ginger in CA

Default OT Big Box Store Service - [was Walmart Service Surprise]

Last Sunday Lowe's Home Improvement had a rug in their weekly circular
that I wanted to see, possibly buy. Went in at 6:30AM Monday on my way
to work. Got a flooring sales guy there, "Nope, I can't find them
guess we sold them. Sorry. Want a rain check?" "No, I want a rug." He
made no effort at all. Went back after work, same store, different
crew. Still couldn't find them. Got the Manager involved. He looked in
all the overheads, out in Gardening, etc. Computer still showed 20 in
stock. He told me "Well, maybe they sold them using a different code."
"Now, how accurate does that make your inventory if rather than using
the barcode on the label it gets plugged in as miscellaenous floor
covering? In fact for any item in store." "Want a rain check?" "Nope I
want a rug." "I can have another location send one over for
you.""Thanks but I want to see it before I buy it, and since this is
my second time in today, I want a rug or I can take my business
elsewhere." "Okay, lets look in this rack. See anything you like?
Would this one work for you?" "Yep it looks nice." "Okay, lets look in
the computer at it."

Bottom line, it was orginally $100, last one of its type in inventory,
on clearance for $50, I got it for $10.00. Told they manager he was
helping restore my faith in his store )

Ginger in CA
hey! my license plate surround says "Beware the Feisty Redhead" for a
reason

Old July 29th 07, 09:06 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Butterflywings

Mr Joe and I went to Target this AM for cleaning supplies. The clerk barely
said a word the entire time--I told him I HAD coupons--he said wait and give
them to me at the end....... When he was finished I handed him the coupons.
Said it was too late (I stood there with them IN MY HAND in front of him the
entire time) Told him "No, it wasn't and he could give me cash." "Oh we can
do that?" I got my $5.50 in cash. I don't think he was awake at 10
AM.........
I just remembered why I don't shop there very often--ACE didn't have the
Swiffer extending wand or I wouldn't have had to go there in the first
place.

Butterfly (We borrowed the neighbors' along with her 2 kidlets that are
cleaning the bathroom right now : ) Mom has checked on them a coupla times
as I lost my voice right after they started cleaning : ( Too much tile dust
still in the air but the bath/shower is DONE! )

Old July 29th 07, 09:29 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Alice

It's actually funny reading some of these things that happen! I'll let you
all know if/when the cover and pad arrive! I also want to locate the asst.
store manager one of these days and ask her if she's located the cover and
pad for me yet?

I'm in our Wal-Mart way too often. It's only 5 minutes away (I can walk
there), it's a Super Store, and it's brand new. Every other store is at
least 25-30 mins. away. Next month a new Lowe's opens up right nextdoor to
the Wal-Mart. Now, too bad that wasn't there when we moved into our house 2
years ago. It sure could have saved us many miles and hours spent on all
those new things you need in a new house!

--
Alice in PA
http://community.webshots.com/user/twosonsatpsu
ups.com...

Old July 30th 07, 04:29 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
thelaws

Aren"t you glad they don't have fabric any more? Your stach would overflow.
I miss it, it was the closest place that carried fabric, and I could always
find something I needed in the fabric department every time I went. Kay

--
There is always a light at the end of the cliff

All outgoing mail is scanned by Norton Anti Virus software
..

Old July 30th 07, 06:34 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Alice

Unfortunately, or fortunately, this store still has fabric! Now, if you can
find someone to cut it for you, is the issue. The day before the "ironing
pad" incident, I wanted some fabric. The clerk at the counter told me that
she was "off the clock". When I looked around for someone else, she told me
the other clerk was "on break". At that point, I said "Well, I guess I'll
come back some other day!", and she let it go at that! When I talked to the
Asst. Store Mgr., I also told her all this, since I was "ticked off" anyway!

--

.

On Jul 28, 7:43 pm, "Alice" wrote:
[...]

OT - Walmart Karen, Queen of Squishies Quilting 25 July 15th 06 02:12 PM
Walmart S.E.X Mika Quilting 6 March 21st 05 07:38 PM
walmart nylon g.daniels Needlework 1 July 13th 04 07:12 PM