Rubber wheels

Old December 20th 03, 04:05 AM
HoyoD

Default Rubber wheels

I am looking for the smooth, grey wheels that Swest used to carry prior to
the Stuller buyout. These wheels were marketed as useful for polishing
anything from metal to stone and are used on a flexshaft. I have found that
nothing compares to them but can't find them anymore.
Any clues?

chris

Old December 20th 03, 08:10 AM
Abrasha

HoyoD wrote:

I am looking for the smooth, grey wheels that Swest used to carry prior to
the Stuller buyout. These wheels were marketed as useful for polishing
anything from metal to stone and are used on a flexshaft. I have found that
nothing compares to them but can't find them anymore.
Any clues?

chris

I do.

--
Abrasha
http://www.abrasha.com
Old December 20th 03, 08:10 AM
Abrasha

HoyoD wrote:

I am looking for the smooth, grey wheels that Swest used to carry prior to
the Stuller buyout. These wheels were marketed as useful for polishing
anything from metal to stone and are used on a flexshaft. I have found that
nothing compares to them but can't find them anymore.
Any clues?

chris

I do. And if you ask nicely, I might even tell you.

Abrasha
http://www.abrasha.com

Old December 21st 03, 02:18 AM
HoyoD

thanks, but definitely not Rio Grande or any of the other better known
sources. I think I might need a lapidary source for these as that's what
they were originally used for.

chris

Old December 21st 03, 03:30 AM
Barbara Otterson

On Sun, 21 Dec 2003 01:18:53 GMT, "HoyoD"
wrote:

thanks, but definitely not Rio Grande or any of the other better known
sources. I think I might need a lapidary source for these as that's what
they were originally used for.

chris

There's a place called "just for fun" that sells
hobby supplies. They carry the wheels you're
looking for. I think their physical location is in
GA. The wheels work on stone, glass, etc.
The wheels are made by Grobet, but you
won't find them in most jewelry supply catalogs.
They are rated for use on porcelain, stones and
glass. The stock number on the box of coarse
wheels that I have is 11.917.
HTH
Barbara
Dream Master
www.dreamweaverstudio.com

Autumn is a second spring when every leaf is a flower.
~~ Albert Camus
Old December 21st 03, 10:13 AM
Abrasha

HoyoD wrote:

thanks, but definitely not Rio Grande or any of the other better known
sources.

I know

I think I might need a lapidary source for these as that's what
they were originally used for.

Keep guessing, maybe you'll hit the jackpot. Or you could ask nicely and I
might tell you

Abrasha
http://www.abrasha.com
Old December 21st 03, 06:26 PM
Charles Friedman

I do not know about the gray wheels, but Dedeco made something called a
"white flexi" I got the 1 inch diameter wheels and I have never seen
another long lasting and very useful. In one of my lives I am a dentist and
these are useful on metals and ceramic materials. They give a nice finish
that can be improved by some of the softer wheels that wear out rapidly.
One wheel could polish a hundred crowns and still be almost full sized. The
step before rubber wheeling was the use of a greenstone or a mizzy heatless
wheel.

Charles Friedman DDS
Atlanta, moving to Ventura

AD: Bulk Buy Rubber Necklace and Ribbon Necklace Mary P. - McDuck Beads 0 June 22nd 04 07:43 PM
OT - Rubber Stamps Needed Tinkster Beads 5 April 10th 04 08:00 PM
wheels Lou Doll Houses 0 October 2nd 03 04:08 AM
wheels Chuck Doll Houses 1 September 25th 03 02:56 PM
Rubber Stamps & Silver clay Dr. Sooz Beads 9 September 14th 03 10:36 PM