another access to usenet

Old September 4th 07, 12:06 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
nzlstar*[_2_]

Default another access to usenet

http://www.sewgirls.com/register.php

nayy, just ran across this site when googling something else.
dont know if it is easier or better than thru google groups.
just found it and thot i'd post it.

fwiw,
jeanne

Old September 9th 07, 02:33 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
DrQuilter[_2_]

Am I the only one that finds 99% of quilt shows boring and repetitive???
The only person that really catches my attention is Georgia Bonesteel.

--

Dr.Quilter
drquilter at gmail dot com
Old September 9th 07, 04:43 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Roberta Zollner

Some shows, yes. I don't need to see 10 nearly identical versions of the
latest fad pattern. Lot depends on how they are hung. Too much wears out the
eyes.
Roberta in D

Old September 9th 07, 04:50 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
SewVeryCreative

"Roberta Zollner" wrote in message
Some shows, yes. I don't need to see 10 nearly identical versions of the
latest fad pattern. Lot depends on how they are hung. Too much wears out

the
eyes.
Roberta in D

I think my biggest beef is when they show the super-easy blocks ... I mean,
if I'm going to spend 30 minutes watching a show, I'd like to see something
new or something that I'd like to try - not something that I did ten years
ago and had moved on.

'Course, I'm not the only quilter out there - there are newbies and those
who've just not tried a particular technique yet. But more shows for the
advanced quilter would be nice. :-)

Old September 9th 07, 07:51 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
KJ

I understand her to mean television shows, not quilt shows. It took me a
bit to figure that out though.

--
Kathyl (KJ)
remove "nospam" before mchsi

Old September 9th 07, 11:44 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Sandy Ellison Sandy Ellison is offline
Banned

Default t.v. quilt shows

Howdy!

No.

I wouldn't say "99%" ...maybe 75%.
I wish they'd bring back Penny McMorris's "Great American Quilt" series;
I have most of them on tape but it's so much trouble to dig out the
Beta machine and hook it up and find the tapes... . g

R/Sandy

-

Old September 10th 07, 05:45 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
amy[_2_]

wrote:
Am I the only one that finds 99% of quilt shows boring and repetitive???
The only person that really catches my attention is Georgia Bonesteel.

-

Dr.Quilter
drquilter at gmail dot comhttp://community.webshots.com/user/mvignali?vhost=community

alot of the quilting shows shown here are repeats. i can catch a new
Eleanor Burns Quilt in a Day once in a while. It's usually shown on
PBS on sunday afternoons. I'm pretty busy with the old folks (mum n
dad) on sundays, so i dont get a chance to see many. I do like Alex
Anderson. she has so many diverse guests.
amy

Old September 11th 07, 02:48 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
SewVeryCreative

oups.com...

wrote:
Am I the only one that finds 99% of quilt shows boring and

repetitive???
The only person that really catches my attention is Georgia Bonesteel.

-

Dr.Quilter
drquilter at gmail dot

comhttp://community.webshots.com/user/mvignali?vhost=community

alot of the quilting shows shown here are repeats. i can catch a new
Eleanor Burns Quilt in a Day once in a while. It's usually shown on
PBS on sunday afternoons. I'm pretty busy with the old folks (mum n
dad) on sundays, so i dont get a chance to see many. I do like Alex
Anderson. she has so many diverse guests.
amy

Alex is probably my favorite ... she's interesting, cheerful, and always
seems to know what I'm workin' on (or thinking about workin' on) when she
tapes her shows!! ;-)

I love her guests, too ... Piece O' Cake is one of the favorite applique
teams! :-)

usenet news groups Jacqueline in KY Quilting 2 November 18th 06 11:42 AM
Question, OT, but usenet related YarnWright Yarn 3 April 14th 06 03:03 PM
Usenet Dianne Lewandowski Needlework 2 November 28th 04 06:23 PM
Usenet bdianeVA Needlework 1 November 19th 04 07:08 PM