quarter-square triangles?

Old October 17th 07, 06:26 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Karen, Queen of Squishies

Default quarter-square triangles?

Do you draw those lines on the fabric criss-cross both ways and sew both
ways all in one fell swoop? Then cut both ways and have four cute little
sets of quarter-square triables? Or is it done in two steps? Never done
this before. Thanks,

Karen, Queen of Squishies
--
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
If you can just not lose what

Old October 17th 07, 06:44 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Julia in MN

Karen, Queen of Squishies wrote:
Do you draw those lines on the fabric criss-cross both ways and sew both
ways all in one fell swoop? Then cut both ways and have four cute little
sets of quarter-square triables? Or is it done in two steps? Never done
this before. Thanks,

It's a two step process. First make a pair of half square triangles --
mark the diagonal, sew 1/4" on either side, cut and press to one side.
Then put those two squares on top of each other with the diagonals
matching, but the fabrics opposite each other. Repeat the above steps on
the opposite diagonal. A quick google for "quarter square triangles"
found this (and a lot of other stuff that I didn't look at)
http://www.quilterbydesign.com/lessons/square.triangles.html

Julia in MN

http://webpages.charter.net/jaccola/

Old October 17th 07, 07:21 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Karen, Queen of Squishies

Worked just great, thanks! One beginner mistake I did NOT make was sewing
down the center line. LOL! I've heard about that one lots of times before
so I was very careful of that. One beginner mistake I did make, which was
just more a minor annoyance - I ironed my seams in opposite directions so
they would 'lock' together, but then of course I had to flip the pcs. so the
colors would be opposite. No big deal. Now I know how to do quarter-squire
treanlges!

Karen, Queen of Squishies

Old October 17th 07, 07:30 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
polly esther

Karen, if you attempt to draw the line on a soft, mushy sort of fabric it
will be lots easier and faster if you place them on the gritty side of a
sheet of sandpaper. Doesn't seem to matter whether it's a fine grit or a
coarse one; just whatever you can get your hands on. Polly

Old October 17th 07, 07:36 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Karen, Queen of Squishies

Just so it's true grit, eh Poll?

Karen, Queen of Squishies

Old October 17th 07, 08:14 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
polly esther

Oh me it is just so wonderful to have you feeling better! Yes, yes it is.
I just didn't know if you had your very own supply of sandpaper or if a
little thievery would be involved. Polly

"Karen, Queen of Squishies" hicall80 @ mchsi.com wrote in message
Just so it's true grit, eh Poll?

Karen, Queen of Squishies

Old October 17th 07, 08:59 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Karen, Queen of Squishies

Default OT - sandpaper

It could be our Halloween caper Polly. The sandpaper snatchers!

Karen, Queen of Squishies

Old October 17th 07, 09:48 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
nzlstar*[_2_]

http://www.rd.com/content/extraordin...for-sandpaper/
and when you snatch all that sandpaper....
snorfle,
jeanne