using stripes

Old September 22nd 07, 11:44 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Anne Rogers[_3_]

Default using stripes

I have some Christmas fabric that I found reduced, I'm just planning
what to do with it. One piece is stripy, I'm just wondering if anyone
had any ideas for what to do with it - I think I know the various
options for binding, I'd also thought of using it for the border, either
mitered, or with another fabric as cornerstones. Obviously I can just
use it as regular patches, being sure to cut with the pattern - so it's
not that I don't know how to use it, more are there any ideas I'm missing!

Anne
Old September 23rd 07, 04:56 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Debra

On Sat, 22 Sep 2007 15:44:49 -0700, Anne Rogers
wrote:

I have some Christmas fabric that I found reduced, I'm just planning
what to do with it. One piece is stripy, I'm just wondering if anyone
had any ideas for what to do with it - I think I know the various
options for binding, I'd also thought of using it for the border, either
mitered, or with another fabric as cornerstones. Obviously I can just
use it as regular patches, being sure to cut with the pattern - so it's
not that I don't know how to use it, more are there any ideas I'm missing!

Anne

Depending on the type of stripe:

blades of a Grandmother's Fan block
Blades of a Dresden Plate block
tree ornaments--applique or PP
applique flower petals
Fancy vase--applique or PP
"wallpaper" or "curtains" in the background of an indoor scene
the pointy bits of star blocks
Debra in VA
See my quilts at
Old September 23rd 07, 05:03 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Leslie & The Furbabies in MO.

Anne, if you are up for a challenge, use it for a mitered border and plan
the liters so that the pattern matches exactly at the miters. It's a bit of
a hassle but it looks just wonderful! You can also use it for a smallish
Stack 'N Whack or kaleidoscope type piecing. there's about a jillion
different things you can do with it. Have fun and good luck!

Leslie & The Furbabies in MO.

Old September 23rd 07, 09:56 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Estelle Gallagher

Use as sashing?
--
Estelle UK
http://uk.photos.yahoo.com/ph//my_photos

Old September 23rd 07, 02:11 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Mauvice in central WI

There is always my favorite Kaleidoscope! and also a 60 deg. shape
and also
Lemoyne star points which make WONDERFUL star blocks......

Mauvice in central WI

On Sep 22, 5:44 pm, Anne Rogers wrote:
I have some Christmas fabric that I found reduced, I'm just planning
what to do with it. One piece is stripy, I'm just wondering if anyone
had any ideas for what to do with it -,snip snip..... Anne

Old September 23rd 07, 09:38 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Pat in Virginia

Mary Mashuta wrote a lovely book about using stripes in
quilts. Maybe your local library can get this one for
you. Or maybe you will find it on RCTM. Lots of good
ideas in that book.
PAT

Old September 24th 07, 07:21 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Anne Rogers[_3_]

Estelle Gallagher wrote:
Use as sashing?

forgot to mention that one, yes, I do have a design mocked up which uses
it as sashing!

Anne

AD- copper stripes on ebay [email protected] Beads 1 April 24th 05 02:25 AM
Got stripes? frood Quilting 28 April 2nd 05 01:37 AM
Circular Knit Stripes modiste Yarn 5 February 4th 05 07:19 AM
AD: Fall Stripes starlia Beads 7 October 7th 04 08:13 PM
Yarn: LionBrand Magic Stripes Noreen's Knit*che Yarn 7 August 15th 03 08:29 PM