Appliqué piecing technique

Old September 20th 07, 12:16 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Elly

Default Appliqué piecing technique

Hi Everyone, I was watching QNN on the internet last week but was
interupted by DS wanting to speak to me on WLM and I didn't catch
everything about it but it looked really neat. The lady (didn't catch
her name either) was showing how to applique by (and let's see if I
can explain this) doing a running stitch following a line on the back
ground then to the applique patch making a ladder type stitching.
After a few stitches she was then pulling the thread and the action
was taking under the seam allowance and making the stitches completely
invisible. It was magic. She was saying she also used this method
for piecing complicated blocks like those with set in seams. Did
anyone see this program and if so please could you tell me the name of
the lady and if she has any books on the technique? I would like to
investigate it further. Thank you.. Elly

Old September 20th 07, 12:31 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
KJ

I believe that was Ami Simms. She has a booklet out on that method.
http://amisimms.com/inap.html I've never tried it, but it certainly looks
easy when she demonstrates it.

--
Kathyl (KJ)
remove "nospam" before mchsi
oups.com...

Old September 20th 07, 01:59 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Elly

Thank You Kathy, went to her web page and ordered the book! ))
Elly

Old September 21st 07, 01:33 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Musicmaker

well, I went and ordered one. should I thank you for the infor?
Musicmaker

Old September 21st 07, 02:00 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
KJ

I put up the link to the Ami Simms book. Let me know how it works...maybe I
need one too!

--
Kathyl (KJ)
remove "nospam" before mchsi
ps.com...

Old September 21st 07, 02:12 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Patti

I'm going to go and check it out, too!
This could be seriously infectious g
..
In message MfPIi.113923$Fc.96243@attbi_s21, KJ
writes
I put up the link to the Ami Simms book. Let me know how it works...maybe I
need one too!

--
Best Regards
pat on the hill
Old September 21st 07, 09:47 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Elly

No it's not Back Basting Gen, but I've been checking that out too.
after reading about it Prairie Flowers book by Jo Morton which is on
my short list of next projects to do.
Found some great instructions on www.appleblossomquilts.com for Back
Basting if anyone is interested.
Oh, and the web page mentioned in Kath's post above for Ami Simms is
great. Check it out. There's a page where folk can send in pics of
there stashes. Very interesting.
Elly

Gen" wrote:
I think you might be referring to "back basting". Try googling that and see
.
Gen