How do you transfer a photo on to a quilt?

Old October 11th 03, 12:08 AM
aeromom

Default How do you transfer a photo on to a quilt?

How do you transfer a photo on to a quilt?

Old October 11th 03, 01:07 AM
AlenasMom

"aeromom" wrote in message
How do you transfer a photo on to a quilt?

Oh oh! I can tell you how to do this!!!
I did a huge mural of photo transfers, so I'm a pro!

First, you need to get a photocopy of the photo. The carbon is what
transfers over. Second, you need to get a base called "Picture This". It
can be found at MOST art stores. Or just tell them what you're doing and
they'll be able to supply other things.

What you do is put a smooth layer of the acrylic (sp?) down on the fabric.
Then you place the photocopy face down on the acrylic. Then you put more
acrylic over top. DON"T let the paper wrinkle! Let it dry for 24 hours.
(One hand typing... baby wants up.)

This will result in a shell on the back of the paper. You dampen the paper
and very gently peel it off...
Your image will be reversed, so make sure you have your image copied
backwards if this is a problem

Old October 11th 03, 02:32 AM
Sherry Starr

I print mine on special fabric. I scan in my photo, then print it on the
fabric. I love the Printed Treasures fabric sheets. They are 100% pima
cotton with 200 thread count. They are a little expensive, but I like the
nice soft feel to them. My step-daughter dog had to be put to sleep
recently. I printed his picture and the poem "Rainbow Bridge" on a sheet
and framed it for her.
Sherry Starr