Anyone ever done a Halloween quilt?????

Old November 1st 03, 03:26 AM
frood

Joyce, it's under Bed and Lap quilts. If you've been to my site before, you
may need to refresh your browser to get the updated version.

--
Wendy
De-Fang email address to reply
"JoyceG in WA" wrote in message
Wendy,

Maybe it's me (LOL) but I can't find your Halloween quilts on the web

site.
What am I missing (besides seeing some great quilts, that is!) ???

-JoyceG in WA

I've done 2 so far.

http://griffinsflight.com/Quilting/BedandLapQuilts.htm
Why do you ask?

--
Wendy
De-Fang email address to reply
"aeromom" wrote in message
. ..
Has anyone ever done a Halloween quilt?????

aeromom

JoyceG in WA
(take out the "nospam" to reply)

Old November 1st 03, 05:15 AM
Phyllis Andersen

That sure was a heck of a Halloween quilt! I got to see it on my trip up
north. She said she was sure sick of Halloween fabrics by the time she
finished it. Bigbearlady
"Marcella Tracy Peek" wrote in message
AlsoKim who used to post here but has been MIA for quite a while now did
an awesome halloween quilt. Very scrappy. She used the spiderweb
pattern. Google the archives and you can likely find a link to a
picture of it.

marcella

Old November 1st 03, 01:16 PM
I.E.Z.

I did one a number of years ago with pieced witches, pumpkins and candy.
This year I am entranced by my new hobby, the embroidery machine. I
downloaded lots of free Halloween designs and some from a $5 per month site
I subscribe to. I embroidered them out and put them together with a scrappy
lattice, since they were different sizes. I did machine quilting, some in
the ditch, and some leaves in the lattice. While I was doing that, I was
embroidering Thanksgiving motifs and now that quilt is finished too. This
one was a little less scrappy because I decided to make all the embroidered
motifs the same basic size, adding a frame to the smaller ones so that they
all came out to 6 1/2". These are wall-sized quilts, by the way, about
36x42.

My Christmas designs are now all done and again I have made them all the
same size and plan to put them together in a snowball design.

I never thought I wanted an embroidery machine, but they are such fun. Of
course, it's a whole new set of stuff to buy, thread, stabilizers, needles,
bobbins, etc. Ah well, DH doesn't mind. In fact he was the one who
encouraged me to get the machine in the first place.

Iris

Old November 1st 03, 07:15 PM
Merry Stahel

On Fri, 31 Oct 2003 17:54:45 GMT, "aeromom"
wrote:

Has anyone ever done a Halloween quilt?????

aeromom

There are two on my webshots website. I can't remember which album
they're in. One is a spierweb quilt made with bias tape and the other
is an appliqued and pieced BOO quilt.

Merry
--
Some mistakes are too much fun to only make once!
http://community.webshots.com/user/merrystahel
Old November 1st 03, 09:53 PM
SandySmth

Merry -
The Spiderweb quilt is in More Quilts and Boo is in Merry's Quilts 2.

Are the stockings on your Advent Calendar quilt appliqued on as pockets? By
hand or machine? Did you design the quilt or was there a pattern you used? It
looks like it would be a fun quilt to make.

Sandy
in Chapel Hill, NC

Old November 1st 03, 11:16 PM
Keith and Michelle

Thanks for posting your pics! Now I understand! The quilting is amazing and
goes so well with the quilt. I went back and printed your explanation and
hope to someday sit down and do a similar one...
Thanks!
Michelle in Gander

. com...

Old November 6th 03, 01:54 PM
Keith and Michelle

Halloween II, I guess. The rail fence one. You had tried to explain it
to me before, but I was having trouble visualizing it.
Thanks again!
Michelle in Gander

Old November 6th 03, 04:55 PM
frood

It looks so good in person. You should come over and see it, and admire the
quilting, too. ;-)

--
Wendy
de-fang email address to reply