Neck pillow sewing pattern?

Old October 13th 03, 11:18 PM
aeromom

Default Neck pillow sewing pattern?

Anyone know of a free on-line pattern for a neck pillow? I am looking for
the kind that has the U-shape for the neck.
aeromom

Old October 14th 03, 03:42 AM
Joy Quilts

"aeromom" wrote in message ...
Anyone know of a free on-line pattern for a neck pillow? I am looking for
the kind that has the U-shape for the neck.
aeromom

I don't know of one on-line but I can tell you how I made my pattern.
I used a paper from a tabloid. Drew a fat L on it with the shorter
part of the L at the fold. Fit it around my neck. Too small? Make
the shorter part of the L longer. Too wide? Make the shorter part of
the L shorter. Once you have the size you like, place your pattern on
the fold of the fabric and cut 2 of those. Sew right sides together
leaving an opening at the top of the neck around 5 inches wide. Turn
it right side out. I made the bag out of muslin or 100% cotton in
solid colors. I also sewed 5 chambers to keep the rice in it's place
for even distribution of heat. It's pretty easy. Fill then sew that
chamber shut, fill the next segment, then sew that chamber shut, do
the same thing on the other side, fill the remaining chamber and then
sew that shut on the seam which is a bit tricky. Like stuffing a
pillow. Oh, yeah, and I made an outer flannel bag for it with a
velcro closure at the top of the neck. Sold a bunch of these last
Christmas on eBay. Still owe Pami one when things settle down for me.
Won't be able to respond to personal e-mails so please, if you want
more info, post here, I'll watch for your post and respond.

A Joy in Hawaii
see my neck pillows in my webshots:
htt://community.webshots.com/user/joyquilts