Can't figure this out!

Old December 3rd 04, 04:01 AM
Susana

Default Can't figure this out!

Hi, everyone!

I'm hoping somone can explain this for me. I'm trying to do the
bookmark at the link below. I'm having a hard time understanding row
one. It seems simple enough but I don't get it.

http://www.denisecrochets.com/cascadingpetals.html

Row 1: Ch 4, 7 dc in 4th ch from hook, ch 3, sl st in same ch, ch 3,
turn.

I don't understand "sl st in same ch". Where do I slip stitch? In the
beginning of the chain? I've been staring at it and I'm getting
nowhere.

Any help would be great.

Thanks!

Susana
Old December 3rd 04, 04:17 AM
Bungadora

If you look at the picture, there are about 9 stitches in each 'fan'. The first
and last stitches are chain 3's. So you do a chain 3, 7 dc, and then chain 3
and fasten it to the starting chain. You have one little fan. Then you start
the 2nd fan by chaining 3 and from what I understand of row 2, start a 2nd fan
in that same starting chain.

Now you're probably really muddled.
Back to my bunny dress.
Dora
Old December 3rd 04, 12:55 PM
B Vaughan

On 2 Dec 2004 20:01:03 -0800, (Susana) wrote:

Hi, everyone!

I'm hoping somone can explain this for me. I'm trying to do the
bookmark at the link below. I'm having a hard time understanding row
one. It seems simple enough but I don't get it.

http://www.denisecrochets.com/cascadingpetals.html

Row 1: Ch 4, 7 dc in 4th ch from hook, ch 3, sl st in same ch, ch 3,
turn.

I don't understand "sl st in same ch". Where do I slip stitch? In the
beginning of the chain? I've been staring at it and I'm getting
nowhere.

I've been thinking of making that same bookmark!

You make that slip stitch in the same chain where you did the 7 dc.
That makes a 3-chain loop, where you will put the next 7 dc (for the
2nd row) after you turn the work.

I haven't tried a sample yet, but that's the way I understood it. Each
row is just 7 dc (8 if you count the turning ch3) and a 3-chain loop
which will be the base for the next row.

I hope this is a help.
--
Barbara Vaughan

My email address is my first initial followed by my last name at libero dot it.
Old December 3rd 04, 01:22 PM
norma woods

Hi Susana,
The way I read it, you will slip stitch in the same chain as your 7 dc's.
HTH

--
Star love,
Norma
om...

Old December 5th 04, 11:36 PM
Susana

Oh...my...god! I have seen the light!

Thanks so much for your help. I was going to make some for xmas
presents and I didn't know what to do.

Thanks again,

Susana

Figure Four Bend O J Knots 1 April 5th 05 02:48 AM
Figure Four Bend Announcement O J Knots 0 May 23rd 04 04:17 AM
"Bowline Figure Six" Alan Folsom Knots 1 October 5th 03 07:49 PM
OT Can you figure out this Bizarro game? CLP Beads 10 August 23rd 03 01:11 PM