My new treadle

Old March 22nd 04, 03:42 AM
Piper

Default My new treadle

Well, new to me anyway. Thanks to the magic of Ebay I will have
a treadle machine later on this week. It comes with two manuals,
the later one says revised 1913. The cabinet looks nice, and it
still has the belt attached. I'm getting very excited.

I learned to sew on a treadle by making doll clothes. I'm going
to enjoy piecing on one, I hope.

Here she is. Can anyone tell me the decor on the front? It's
got a terrible glare and I can't tell for sure.

Deena in Florida
Never underestimate the power of a nap

Old March 22nd 04, 08:26 AM
Helen Howes

Warning! Your seller says he/she has not sent a treadle before.
Please make sure they use some proper advice. The machine MUST be
packed properly, not just folded down and put in a cardboard box.

http://www.treadleon.net
has good advice on packing, and the newsgroup may be able to offer
help with picking up the machine. I am told that greyhound is the way
to go....

My treadle produce:-

http://www.raindropkites.co.uk
http://www.helenhowestextiles.co.uk

Helen Howes

Old March 22nd 04, 01:32 PM
Piper

"WoodenSpools" wrote in message
by "decor on the front" do you mean the decals on the machine?

If so, then
what you have is a Memphis-decal Singer, model 127. Glad it

is coming with
a manual, for it has the long bobbin mounted in a bullet

shuttle case; much
different than the usual round bobbins we're used to. ;-) I

*love* to
wind those long bobbins!!
Since you're in the same state, will you drive to pick it up?

I'd shudder
to think of packing a treadle properly for shipping.....
Buckeye Bev

He lives down the street and will bring it to the house. That's
mostly the reason why it's taken me almost five years to get one.
I had Ebay set up to search only local auctions. This is the
first one I've been high bidder on. They aren't that common in
Florida like they were in Ohio. I think when the retirees pack
up to move down here they think "Oh, let's get rid of that old
thing" and leave them behind.

Deena

Old March 22nd 04, 02:52 PM
Maine-iac Rose

"Piper" wrote in message
Well, new to me anyway. Thanks to the magic of Ebay I will have
a treadle machine later on this week. It comes with two manuals,

I know that feeling. I had a treadle that was in a box cabinet when I was a
teen, something happened, and I think it got thrown to the dump, stupid me,
but hey I was young and foolish then. I recently traded 2 Singers, 1 being
the 127, the other being the 128 for a Singer replica made in Japan by the
name of Premier. It has a motor, and a lamp, got the foot petal even though
I planned on putting it into my treadle cabinet. I have already used it to
make my friend's "No Smoking" Quilt, and I love using it. I had to oil the
treadle base, it was a bit creaky, but now that is under control. I may not
even use my new and old Kenmore that much, now that I have the treadle
machine. Eventually I'll put up pics of my machines at my webshots page.

Have fun with your new treadle machine.

Maine-iac Rose
@---
remove the thorns and add a hyphen between the 2 words to email me.

Old March 22nd 04, 03:01 PM
Kathy Applebaum

She's a beauty! Enjoy, enjoy!!!

(I'm green with envy, buy enjoy anyway. *grin*)
--
Kathy A. (Woodland, CA)
longarm machine quilting, Queen of Fabric Tramps

Old March 22nd 04, 03:01 PM
Taria

I don't think I'd buy a treadle that needed shipped either. Buying one
down the street is a great thing. This makes me think of MArissa
getting her grandma's machine piece by piece when her family comes
to visit. It should be about ready to put togehter now after the
last trip. Bet she is pretty busy for that stuff about now though.
Hope you enjoy your machine Deena.
Taria

Old March 24th 04, 06:08 PM
Dr. Quilter

you are right Taria, about ready, but not quite. I am missing the large
metal piece that actually holds the machine on the treadle, and the two
legs, I believe. I tried to get my DH to rebuild it but first we were
too busy with the baby coming and afterwards with plain baby watching,
second I think those two parts are pretty important and required before
the rest can be assembled around them! )

PS: they also fixed and almost brought me my grandma's rocking chair
(she had my dad cut the rocking part a while ago, I had them
reinstalled, one bug ridden leg replaced and the seat redone as in the
original, woven instead of one big piece of wood). I always said I
wanted it to rock my baby... well, I don't have it, but my mom should
bring it in June when she comes back to babysit..

WoodenSpools wrote:

by "decor on the front" do you mean the decals on the machine? If
so, then
what you have is a Memphis-decal Singer, model 127. Glad it is
coming with
a manual, for it has the long bobbin mounted in a bullet shuttle case;
much
different than the usual round bobbins we're used to. ;-) I *love* to
wind those long bobbins!!
Since you're in the same state, will you drive to pick it up? I'd
shudder
to think of packing a treadle properly for shipping.....
Buckeye Bev

--
Dr. Quilter
Ambassador of Extraordinary Aliens
(take the dog out before replying)

Bruce treadle sewing machine info request Mamie K. Anding Needlework 0 July 15th 04 11:26 PM
Treadle Brag Marcella Tracy Peek Quilting 1 January 23rd 04 03:35 PM
I got a treadle DebsPrintOnIt Quilting 5 December 13th 03 09:49 PM
Treadle addition Garage sale find Jim Ball Quilting 5 August 14th 03 11:09 AM
The treadle cometh... Kate Dicey Quilting 22 July 25th 03 02:03 AM