Treadle pix

Old August 7th 03, 03:47 PM
Kate Dicey

Default Treadle pix

Got some pix up of the new machine... Well, new to me machine, anyway!
Hit the URL below - it's in the Sewing Room!
--
Kate XXXXXX
http://www.diceyhome.free-online.co.uk

Old August 7th 03, 04:31 PM
taria

Thanks for sharing Kate. I'm always pleased when an old machine
finds a good home. You know Christina (nospam) loves to quilt
on her model 15 (think she is motorized though) I wouldn't take
a sander to the cabinet. Get some of the refinisher stuff and
do it up that way. Not sure what the hook is. Hope somebody does.
Now I'm curious. Great find!
Taria

Kate Dicey wrote:

Got some pix up of the new machine... Well, new to me machine, anyway!
Hit the URL below - it's in the Sewing Room!
--
Kate XXXXXX
http://www.diceyhome.free-online.co.uk
Click on Kate's Pages and explore!

--
Please visit my web page at:
http://home1.gte.net/res0yk6g/taria/index.htm

See my Siberian Cat, Lilly, at:
http://home1.gte.net/res0yk6g/lillypage/lillycat.htm
Old August 7th 03, 04:35 PM
frood

Me, too! I love my 15-125. Yes, she's motorized, but the vertical bobbin is
the greatest for FM quilting!

I love your pics, too, Kate!

--
Wendy
De-Fang email address to reply

Old August 7th 03, 05:28 PM
Ruth in Happy Camp

Kate, it looks so much like my mother's machine I think I might cry. Except
hers had no "secret compartment" (drawer?)--or else she never let me know it
was there.

I've no idea what the hookything might be.
--
Ruth in Happy Camp

Old August 7th 03, 06:59 PM
Sandy Foster

In article ,
Kate Dicey wrote:

Got some pix up of the new machine... Well, new to me machine, anyway!
Hit the URL below - it's in the Sewing Room!

Lucky you, Kate! She looks marvelous!
--
Sandy in Henderson, near Las Vegas

http://home.earthlink.net/~s_foster
Old August 7th 03, 07:53 PM
Ann

Nice pics Kate and nice machine
I have my MIL Singer machine, also JB series, along with the manual.
I have checked out http://www.singershop.com/history/1prfxltr.html
and the JB series was built in 1936 in St. Johns, Newfoundland
There is also a link to more old sewing machine info there and a mailing
list for more help, etc.

Looking in my manual for further attachments there is a foot hemmer, an
adjustable hemmer, a binder, a tucker and a ruffler.

Have fun with your machine. Mine has sat idle for many years and needs work
to get it going again. Someday though

Ann

Old August 7th 03, 08:22 PM
Pat in Virginia

Ah, she is a tad worn, but those are 'laugh lines' not wrinkles!
(The SM, not you Kate!!)
So, does she have a name?
PAT in VA/USA

Old August 12th 03, 03:52 AM
KittyG

Hey Pati, Good to see you back Those old machines are great aren't they?

kitty in phx
~who doesn't need any encouragement to get more quilty thingies~
--
http://community.webshots.com/user/kittykatchee
"Pati Cook" wrote in message
After thinking a bit, Could the Hook thingy be a way to hold a light of
some sort?
Love the old machine, it looks a dream.

Pati, in Phx